Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
LoL, nice shots @CourtneyKP  , I love that one of Mew making sure Kitty's keeping clean.  Very sweet.   The intense look on Kitty's face looking down from the top bunk is great too.  They are getting really big and grown up!

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LoL, nice shots @CourtneyKP
 , I love that one of Mew making sure Kitty's keeping clean.  Very sweet.   The intense look on Kitty's face looking down from the top bunk is great too.  They are getting really big and grown up!
It's so strange looking at older pictures of them! Even ones from just a few weeks ago, and it's such a big difference! My babies are growing up on me! Kitty will be 2 very soon, and Mew is about 3 months! :rub:

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even in just the 2 months we have had her, Xena has already grown!! My baby precious girl is growing up :(

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ What a cute kitty. Blue colored cats are so regal, and it's not just their coats. They seem to have a different personality than other cats. Maybe I'm just biased...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, she's really pretty @Cassiopea  .  I agree with @bigperm20  that a lot of grey cats do seem to have a very gentle temperament.  I'd say 'quiet' too but Mouse is only quiet when he wants to be - like sneaking up on me, and thunders about like a one cat herd of elephants the rest of the time, and he does like to play a lot!  Perhaps it's her mum being a blue / grey cat that leads to Morgana's love of getting a little grubby from time to time. 

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, my gray Maltese, Toogie, had a smooth tongue also. 

I never thought anything about it.  He lived to about 18 years of age, and never showed any distress from water issues.  He always drank water and I thought nothing further about it.  He started to have symptoms of non-insulin supported diabetes in his last year or so.  When it got to the point I was taking him to the vet to have fluid drawn out of his abdominal cavity twice a week, that is when I asked the vet to put him down.

Last edited:

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss it's especially hard when you've had a cat that long.

My Chancy was 17 when she had to be put down (stomach cancer). She was suffering Si it had to be done. That was 12 years ago, and I still mourn her at times.

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
^ What a cute kitty. Blue colored cats are so regal, and it's not just their coats. They seem to have a different personality than other cats. Maybe I'm just biased...
I always describe Kitty as regal! She just looks and acts like royalty! Probably just a blue cat thing :D
Stark contrast to my mischievous little Mew! :lol3:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@AngelinaCat  Toogie looks fabulous in that photograph, what a wonderful expression!  My two tabby girls' father was a splendid looking grey and white long hair cat like Toogie and he was adorable - he was one of my oldest friend's cat when she lived at home with her parents.  A big cat, and it looks like Toogie was too. 

@CourtneyKP   how can you say your little Mew does not look like a princess?!  Of course she does, a very cheeky and precocious one!

Mouse definitely has a regal look about him though it took him about a year to refine it.  Until then he had a very wise expression I would say, and very cheeky, but not refined enough to be regal.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Darren (dh) has 2 "blue kitty slippers" on. He his laying on the bed...Wally on one foot, Ana on the other.
I have Ms. Tuxie Cat, Elsie warming my legs. Lol. Woops... here comes Ms Snooty, Mew. *Plop*

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

@AngelinaCat  Toogie looks fabulous in that photograph, what a wonderful expression!  My two tabby girls' father was a splendid looking grey and white long hair cat like Toogie and he was adorable - he was one of my oldest friend's cat when she lived at home with her parents.  A big cat, and it looks like Toogie was too. 
Thank yo for the nice compliment.   
Toogie was probably on the large size of 'Medium'.   I have had a couple of cats that were larger.  In this picture, his companion, Angel, was a tiny petite little slip of a girl with a huge heart.

Interestingly Toogie had this same pose and expression when he glared at my mother's brother when he came to visit her when she was in her sickbed.  The brother was highly offended at the idea of a cat on her bed.  I said that the cat was guarding his mother....

Last edited:

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for steering me to the Maltese album. It's such a treat to see all these cats who look like my Bertha and Mr. Grimsby. I've attached their photos here. Bertha is the bear (in fact, we thought about calling her Brunhilda). She's a real sweetie, but not the brightest cat ever ;-) Mr. Grimsby is the thin, elegant gentleman, who is much smarter than his "sister".

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@PHarber-Murphy  Bertha and Mr Grimsby fit right in here!  Very handsome blue cats.  
  Poor Bertha the bear, are you suggesting that she is a little round in the middle and her kitty IQ is not at genius level?  Poor girl.   They both look adorable to me.