Post op issues

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have anemia because she is bleeding somewhere. I would take those pictures to the vet to show them. Blood in the stool is usually tarry black. Internal bleeding could cause anemia. It could also be caused by something they gave her at the ER. You might call them and ask if that is normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, she is passing blood? She just came out of surgery a week ago. She was admitted to ER the day after discharge due to hemorrhage.

They want to do another exploratory surgery. No way, I’m putting her through 3 surgeries in one month. First. Endoscopy lapredoctmy, second, abdominal surgery, third, no way

is this it? Currently, weak but eating small amounts and pooping dark diarrhea.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Get a second opinion for a vet in an entirely different practice - get a copy of all her records to share with that vet. Perhaps, they can do an ultrasound or a CT scan to determine the cause before anyone puts her through another surgery without looking into her issues further. The odds are she is still bleeding somewhere, but it might be best if another vet group is the one who addresses what to do next.

I would NOT waste anytime in following up on this, or it could 'be it'. Friends/family members/neighbors/co-workers would be ideal sources for a recommendation on other vets. Maybe one of them can help you expedite a visit with their vet.