Possibly pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you meant x-ray. An x-ray would show how many kittens and how far along they are developmentally. A small litter does not necessarily mean the kittens will be bigger than normal newborns.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And I realize an Xray would show how many and how far along..it just wasn't done because she was so scared. He didn't say for sure the kittens would grow larger than normal. He said it's a possibility..something he has seen a few times in his 40 years as a veterinarian.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Right! You mentioned that the vet may do the x-ray in April if she has not had her kittens by then. I was just saying that if he does it, you'll know even more. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking that she possibly got pregnant the 2nd time she got out. It was about 10 days after the first time. She was only out of my sight for about 10 mins that time so I didn't even consider that it could have been then. It that case her due date would be the 21st of April instead of the 11th. Just hope everything goes well because I don't want to have to take her to the vet again. It stressed her so much

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand. It only takes a minute or less for cats to mate. And I know it's hard not knowing which time it occurred.

If you do need to take her to the vet again, buy Feliway calming spray, and spray it all inside her carrier. The pheromones in the spray will help to calm her.

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok..thank you. I have never heard of that. I will get it today while I'm out in case I need it :)

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have to be out of town for 5 days when she is due..sure hope she waits for me to get home :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Will someone be there with her? Can you let this person know about this site and your thread in case they have questions?

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes..my son is going to stay. I will let him know..good idea!!

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Charley is 62 days tomorrow. She has been licking her bottom a lot today and not eating as much as she has been. She threw up once today. Keeps getting on the kitchen counter and knocking things off. Do you think it's time or a few more days?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she's getting very close. She will probably go into labor in the next few days.

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was back to normal today..eating,playing and terrorizing the dogs. I guess it will be a few more days

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Need advice..Charley is 67 days now. Last Friday she was licking her bottom a lot and had slowed down on eating. Her appetite came back for a few days and now she has slowed down again. She is just wandering around the house house today like she is restless.and kind of skittish.not eating much and acting very aloof with me. She was very affectionate until last night. Also trying to escape the house..we have to be VERY careful. Vet says there is only 1 kitten. I can't really feel it but her lower tummy feels pretty full. No contractions but she gets these ripples occasionly. She is not panting but when you look at her side's her breathing seems deeper and faster than usual. No milk at all yet. Wondering if I should take her to the vet but I don't want to stress her. Inam probably being paranoid but this is my first pregnant cat and I'm so nervous. I could REALLY use some advice

Last edited:

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please..someone reply and ease my mind..lol

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she could be close! It doesn't seem like anything that you should be panicking over!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has she had the kitten yet? Those ripples are contractions, but stage one labor can last up to 24 hours.

Sorry for delayed response during the platform change.

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No kitten yet sarthur2. I think I am going to take her to the vet this morning. Feb 4th is when she got out so today is 68 days. She is a little wild this morning..but still kind of ignoring me unless she wants to eat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some cats will go to 70 days. It sounds like her hormones are in high gear!

Call and see if the vet wants you to wait or not. Please keep us posted.