Possibly pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do they pee more when pregnant? I have noticed when cleaning the litter box the past couple of days that she seems to be peeing a lot more. Can't wait until the 22nd so I can take her to the vet and hopefully know for sure

Last edited:

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I know I did..lol. Wish I had experience with pregnant cats.I'm almost obsessed with her every move.

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Advice please...I don't know if I am feeding her enough. I am now sure she is pregnant but I don't think she is that big for 44 days. I leave dry food out all day and she eats about 1 1/2 cup. It's not her favorite..she prefers wet. I have been giving her about 3 tbls of wet every day. Seems every time I go to the fridge she is there looking at me. I don't want to over feed her. Should I feed her more?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, feed her as much wet food as she wants. Wet food is much better for cats. The dry kitten chow is for extra nutrition between wet food meals. She needs 2-3 cans of wet food a day depending on the size of the cans. She needs to eat 2-3 times what she ate before she became pregnant. She's hungry!

Last edited:

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg!!!! I feel horrible..i thought because she wasn't eating all the dry that she was getting enough. My poor baby..i just thought she was being a piggy because she loves the canned food

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats begin to shed in the spring. It could also be her hormones stimulating shedding and new hair growth.

Is she eating more wet food now? It will make her coat healthy and lustrous.

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is eating a lot more wet food! She won't even touch the dry food now

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Worried about her nipples..she is losing SOME hair around them but they are so teeny. They are pink and erect..bigger than they used to be..but teeny. She has about 3 weeks left.

donnak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't worry about the hair loss. It happens but it will soon grow back after the babies stop suckling. I'm not sure about the nipples being tiny. I'm guessing it's cos this is her first pregnancy. But I really wouldn't worry. Im sure her milk will come in when it's time and she will feed her babes just fine.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will lick away the fur, and the babies suckling will keep it away. It will grow back after she stops nursing. Her milk will come in around the time of delivery. Try not to worry! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really do try not to worry but it seems something comes up every day that makes me paranoid [emoji]128516[/emoji]

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she does! Mine is very small anyway. I am thinking she is only going to have 1 or 2. She has blossomed some this week. There is a possibility I am 10 days off on the date. She got out twice but the 2nd time was only for about 15 mins. If it wasn't for the changed behaviour I wouldn't have even suspected she was pregnant.

lozzenga

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My girls last litter was 3 and she was this size, so possibly 1 or 2 more this time, considering she still has over 2 weeks to get bigger :)

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Watching Charley sit in the window tonight and I keep seeing her back rippling and sometimes she shifts around like she's trying to get more comfortable. Earlier today something made her jump a little and she turned to look behind her like someone had poked her..lol. then chased her tail for a minute. Is all of this because she is feeling the babies moving? She won't let me touch her tummy at all anymore

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's most likely the kittens moving around, though you'll also see her tummy rippling when she is having contractions during labor.

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Took Charley to the vet today and she is for sure preggers but only with 1 or 2 kittens. The vet Saud there is a concern with that because they could grow to be very big. As long as everything seems fine with her we just wait. If she hasnt given birth by april 10 they will do an stay. He didn't do one today because she was very freaked out just being there.