Possibly pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So the vet said she is not pregnant and the kitten his partner felt 3 weeks ago probably died and her body reabsorbed. I am even more confused now because she shows all signs of being pregnant. She's not that big but I was told there was only 1 kitten so I assumed that was why she wasn't very big. Do you think she is acting like she is going into labor because her hormones are messed up? I was basically dismissed by this vet. He told me he has been a vet for 45 years and she isn't pregnant she is just probably in heat and not to worry about it. I have an appointment to get her spayed in 2 weeks ( with the other vet ). Even more confused than i was before the appointment.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I really think you should get an x-ray or ultrasound to confirm if there is or is not a pregnancy.

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I may tale her to another vet tomorrow. I swear I can feel a kitten very low in her belly. And if she lost it shouldn't they spay her NOW instead of waiting?? I'm afraid she will get sick. If the other vet felt a kitten 2 weeks ago wouldn't it be too big for her body to reabsorb?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with you on all points. See another vet tomorrow and ask for a scan. It's important to know what's going on - even if it is a deceased kitten inside of her.

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's just so frustrating and worrisome. She acts like a pregnant cat going into labor and the vet was so flippant about it all. I made an appointment with another vet for tomorrow

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good! You'll feel better after seeing another vet. Please let us know what they say. Will you be asking for a scan?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she had any discharge? I would think if she lost that kitten and reabsorbed it (if it was even small enough) there would still be some kind of discharge...

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Went to the vet yesterday for a scan. There was 1 kitten..not alive. She was spayed yesterday afternoon. I am.feeling pretty sad about the kitten bit very thankful my baby is ok. Thank you everyone for all the advice.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, that explains the pregnancy hormones. It's good the deceased kitten is no longer inside as that is unhealthy. She will recover soon and be back to her normal, happy self. I'm glad we could help you out. All the best!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about the kitten! Glad you were able to get her to the vet before things got worse <3