Possible New Kitty?? :)

georgespal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After having to put down our beloved George back in April 2012, my fiancee and I have begun the search to find a new furry friend. We have been checking out various shelters and rescue groups in our area, and after much searching we have applied to adopt a cat named Jupiter! Here is his photo and description from the rescue group:

"Jupiter is a friendly, lively, very talkative kitty! He will make a great addition to your home, the perfect feline companion!

He loves to sit and lay in high places, curious about anything and everything that crinkles, jingles, rattles, sparkles, and is shiny!

Jupiter wakes early for feeding and playtime, but sleeps and or relaxes most of the day. By afternoon he is awake and ready for playtime again!! He loves to chase rolling toys, especially loves when you toss them so he can go on an adventure! Jupiter’s favourite place is beside a window where he can watch the world outside, listen to the rain, and feel the wind in his fur.

During late evening and just before you go to sleep, Jupiter loves to find a space to cuddle up next to you, purring all the while. Tell him about your day, and Jupiter will tell you about his too!

Mostly White with Caramel ring markings on his tail, Caramel coloured points on his head and ears, and the most beautiful Yellow-Amber-Green eyes you’ve ever seen!! Jupiter needs to be seen in person to know how gorgeous and loveable he really is! By the sound of his sweet “meow” and his out of this world personality, Jupiter is likely a mix between faithful companionship of a Flame-Point Siamese and an adventurous Tabby. You couldn’t ask for a more lively, friendly mix!

He is very clean and tidy with his litter and while eating. He doesn’t bother too much with his scratching post, but likes to know it’s there. The occasional treat or catnip toy is a nice reward Jupiter looks forward to.

Jupiter is received Revolution and Strongid. All of his Vaccinations are up to date; he has tested Negative for feline leukemia. Jupiter is also micro-chipped."

So from all of that, he sounds like a great fit for us! I've seen Jupiter - although he was in a cage -  at our local pet store when he was on display to attact potential adopters. I had a big phone interview with the rescue agency the other day, and we are going to his foster mom's house on the weekend together to meet him in person. I really hope it works out and that he can come home with us - I'm getting that "heart-tug" feeling that I'm sure many here are familiar with......I think Jupiter may be the one!!!

*crossing my fingers*

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He sounds like a great cat. Of course, he undoubtedly has his quirks. Every time I meet an adult cat at the shelter, I wonder where some of those little oddities came from. I always consider those the things that make them what they are. Why does our Punkin want to lead me to his food bowl every time I get up from my desk? Why does Flambe want to play so much he will pull any trick to get me chasing him? Why does Sterling want to stick his nose in my nose when I pick him up?

Jupiter looks like a handsome guy.

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A new cat....what a happy occasion.  I love his eyes.  Keep us updated. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgespal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good news everyone! It's "Gotcha Day" for Jupiter!!! We brought him home this evening, and he's been wandering around all night getting used to his new digs. Eventually we'll have some new pictures to share with you all. He's currently having a bath on the footstool next to me so I think he's making himself at home already! Hurray!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'll have to tell us all about him, especially his little quirks and habits.

georgespal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright! I finally got around to taking some proper pictures of Jupiter, so here we go! (probably going to end up being a bit pic heavy, but I can't help it, I'm a proud meowmy already 

Finally home after the long car ride, and he did amazingly well the whole time! Not a peep out of him! "Can I come out yet?"

"OMG FREEDOM!!! Hey, what's over there?"

He promptly took over George's old brushing arch, and made it his own. I'm glad it's still getting use! I was concerned he might not be impressed with the smell of another cat, but it doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Getting comfy in my new home!

He enjoys batting around this toy (the mouse has a jingle bell inside it), but his absolute favourite toy is a wand one that has a long piece of furry material and feathers attached to it. I've never experienced myself being bored with playing before the cat is! 

"I'm up to something and I'm not going to tell you what it is!!!"

"This show is sooooooooo boring, I'm falling asleep! Change the channel please!!!"

georgespal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You'll have to tell us all about him, especially his little quirks and habits.

Yes, we have discovered a couple of cute little quirks! He is very chatty when he wants to be fed - of course! We keep him out of our bedroom at night while we sleep (which he's really good at respecting, amazingly), and as soon as we open the door in the morning, he bounds up the stairs to say hello and chat with us. And he likes to go for piggyback rides! If we pick him up and put him near our shoulders, he will crawl up and drape himself over the back of our neck, and let us walk around with him there while he gets a bird's eye view of everything. 

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww!  I love the remote control photo.  My theory is that sometimes when a cat smells another cat on something, that makes them even more eager to add their own smell to the mix.  It looks like he loves his new home!  (And we are also bedroom door shut at night folks.  Our three cats have always done a great job respecting that.)

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's so beautiful and and already seems to be feeling comfortable in his new home.  Did the rescue group have an idea of what his age is?