Possible New Kitty?? :)

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
looks like a real sweetheart.

Warms my heat that you found each other.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SOOOOOO handsome!!!!! He looks like he is happy and relaxed already! :clap::clap::clap: Congrats on your new baby :rub: :heart3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgespal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's so beautiful and and already seems to be feeling comfortable in his new home.  Did the rescue group have an idea of what his age is?
They don't know his exact birthday, but estimate him to be 10-11 months old. This is the youngest cat we've ever had, so it's a bit of a learning curve for us too, as he is a lot more playful and vocal than George was. But then again George was 2 years old when we got him, and of course all cats are different.

We're learning how to play with him in bursts so he doesn't get too hyper and start panting a lot, because he will play with us and his wand toys "until he's blue in the face"! (not actually blue in the face - just a figure of speech of course 
) He's learning to scratch on his various scratching furniture, not the couch. He's also (slowly) learning not to jump on the kitchen counter......it's funny because I can tell he knows he's not supposed to be up there, but once in awhile he likes to test me to see if I've changed my mind on the issue!

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...We're learning how to play with him in bursts so he doesn't get too hyper and start panting a lot, because he will play with us and his wand toys "until he's blue in the face"! (not actually blue in the face - just a figure of speech of course 
)...
  When we first got Ninotchka (Nina) she was about 16 weeks old, I was playing with a wand toy with her; you know, feathers on a string. Well, we were playing for about 20 minutes and then she just plopped down on her side and stopped breathing. I scooped her up and gave her a couple of rescue breaths; just enough to expand her chest a bit. She started breathing again but she was convulsing as well. To make a long story short, we took her to the vet and she's just fine, but the point of the story is that we think her issue was caused by too much "hyper" play and she may have become hypo-glycymic(sp?). I always stop play if I see them huffing and puffing too much.