Poor Pengy thread is gone

francoise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Michele, I can't even believe what I am reading! Our Pengy sleeping on your bed the whole night, close to you! I so much admire your patience and love. Pengy is blessed to have you, and you are blessed to have her, too!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG
that's amazing!! What would we do without little miss Pengy anymore? Michele she loves you so much, you know this, don't you? You're her human and she missed you.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Michele, how wonderful!
Yay Pengy!
This truly is a Christmas miracle!
Thank you so much for your amazing update!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazing that dear little Pengy is coming for cuddles. There is no feeling like when a scared little kitty finally breaks down the guard and comes to you. You have done such a fine job, and shown endless patience with her. You deserve many pats on the back for bringing her out.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hooray for Pengy!

What a fantastic Christmas present for you! You're girl missed you!

Wow!

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do think she missed me, as strange as that seems to me. And while strange, it's absolutely wonderful, too...

She did it again last night. Apparently, it's going to become a nightly thing, her sleeping with me. She came up right after I got into bed. There she came, and she plunked herself right on down in what seems to be "her" spot...and how glorious that was. She didn't flinch when I moved, and stayed put when I rolled over. And again, this morning, she was there. I don't think she stays there all night, but still...for her to be there when I fall asleep and also there when I wake is enormous...simply enormous.

I can't describe the feeling of awe I have for this cat; she's been through so much, and has come so very far...and now to have her be one of the first things I see when I wake up is amazing...this cat, who lived under the bed for so long, is now sleeping on the bed, with me and the other cats.

How simply amazing...and glorious.

Best-
Michele

ruthiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How full your heart must be! I can relate to the elation you must feel at something you only hoped would happen. May the New Year bring even more special moments!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Michelle, I am speechless (almost). What a wonderful Christmas present. I can only imagine how full of joy your heart must be right now because all of us are sharing that joy with you.

I too am waiting until you can touch her and have the feel of her lovely fur under your fingers.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<-- this is me sitting here reading about Pengy and Michele's Christmas miracle. They are good tears, of course.

Michele, I cannot tell you how heartwarming it is to read about this breakthrough of Pengy's. I've been pretty sad lately and this uplifting news came at such a perfect time.
Hooray for courageous Pengy! Hooray for her loving and patient mother, Michele!

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Miss Pengy is just so cute....

She's been hanging out on the bed constantly...whether I'm there or not. She's even been there when I get into bed, and not left...which is, when you stop and think about it, absolutely amazing.

However, I had to share this little moment with you all...

I just took a load of folded laundry into my bedroom. Miss Pengy was laying there, in some scrunched blankets that resemble a nest (yes, I leave my bed unmade...). To get to the dresser I have to pass the foot of the bed, which is where she is laying. And so I do, not really talking to her; I acknowledge her presence, but not much else. I look farther onto the bed, and see Simon, Charlotte, and Abby are *all* sharing the bed with her; the only ones missing are Esse (in the living room) and Pie (in her basket).

This cat. She is amazing...for her to not only share the bed with everyone and not be at all concerned, but allowing me to put the laundry away and NOT get frightened and leave is just another demonstration that her comfort level has increased so far that it just touches my heart...she's learning to love again, to trust again, and isn't that a glorious thing?

Just thought I'd let you Penguin Fans know the latest...

Best-
Michele

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First a Simon story, and then a Pengy story??? It's been a good couple of days.

What a sweet and special girl Pengy is! May she continue to amaze you!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Michelle, you got that right - we are all Pengy fans. She is amazing but so are you. Every post from you is excitement for me. The headbutts are not far away now!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HA!
I won't say what I want to say right now. But I am smiling and nodding to myself.
This thread has been dormant for so long, but I never lost the hope that Pengy would come to understand that she was in a good place and you were trying to break through. Although that final wall has crumbled Michelle, be prepared for a few bricks to hit you in the head every now and again. Slowly, even after setbacks, she will come to understand that nothing is expected of her, except simply to be. Thank you for listening to all the advice, removing your expectations and allowing this to happen. Savor the moment- when they come, they are simply incredible to describe.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Every time I read about precious little Pengy, I am reminded of why cats are such special beings. One truly builds a relationship with these creatures and if one has the patience you have, Michele, then you are truly rewarded. I would not be surprised that in the next year, you may have a cold nose sniffing yours in the middle of the night.

Thank you so much for sharing with us.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poo on you, Michele for being so darn modest! You are both wonderful and amazing, as is Pengy! I'm sure you know I haven't been able to visit TCS much for sooooo (too) long - and WHAT WONDERFUL WONDERFUL news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to jump straight to the end of the thread, but I didn't let myself. I started where I left off, and BOY was it worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt that thrill of surprise and at the same time felt that "I KNEW it would happen, I KNEW it!!!!!!!"

"Glorious" is SUCH a good word for it!

You GO girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hissy, you're right; despite it being a great deal harder than I thought I could do, I have managed to get out of her way.

And the blossoming of Pengy continues. I've long suspected a panty theif among my cats; but was never sure who grabbed them and took them out of the laundry pile. And then yesterday, as I had sorted laundry and was getting ready to run some, guess who I saw rooting through the delicate pile? Miss Pengy herself. Astounded, I just stood there and watched out of the corner of my eye...sure enough, she grabbed a pair and took it away, dragging it between her front legs like it was prey. I laughed 'til I cried...and let her have that pair. And later, she decided she needed to roll in my bra for a while, and got herself all wrapped up in it. She untangled herself, and laid there, licking and rubbing her cheek on it. Just too cute, and absolutely dear.

And two other things while I'm at it. Apparently, as long as I'm sleeping on my belly, Pengy has the confidence to walk up on me and sit on my bum. I was laying there the other night, and felt this tottering, unsteady gait walk up one leg, reach my bum, and sit there...for a good five minutes. It wasn't any of the others - I could tell by the walk. It was the Penguin kitty. I know she comes up to my face in the middle of the night; and I'd bet a dollar that she headbutts my hand while I'm asleep.

And the second thing is that my roomie told me that Penguin had gotten into my computer chair while I was out yesterday, and stayed there the whole time I was gone, leaving only when I came in the back door. I believed her, sort of...not that she'd lie, but Penguin in my chair when there are other easier chairs to get into just seemed unlikely. And then today, as I came out of the bedroom, guess who was sitting in my chair? Yup, Miss Thang herself.

She is really making her self known. It's fascinating to watch her play, to bat around the milk ring, to play with the turbo racer, to chase a small soft ball...and when another cat fusses, she runs over to see if they're all right. No one pushes her around, and if she wants the basket, everyone else gets out and gives it to her. It's apparent to me that everyone understands her, respects her, and allows her free reign in the household...almost like she was not in the heirarchy whatsoever. Indeed very intriguing. Even when strangers come over, she comes out to see who they are. Never close, but she comes into the room to check things out.

And again, while there hasn't been a headbutt (that I'm aware of), I suspect it will happen shortly...sometime this year, at least, and likely sooner rather than later.

She's really become such a dear one, and such an outgoing cat. I never would've believed it at the beginning...and thank all of you for being there with me all the way. The journey's not over, but it's well begun and when I look back at who she was then, and who she is now, I simply can't believe how far she's been willing to journey. And that you all have been on that journey with me has made it bearable.

Thanks, everyone. I really do appreciate each and every post cheering her and I on...it matters.

Best-
Michele

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so lovely Michele -- and you know, this is a journey that will never be over. She has come so far -- as have you -- on her own terms, in her own way, as her own person -- and she will continue to surprise and delight you in ways that no other cat, before or since, ever could. What a completely delightful individual, and though few of us could have walked this road with her as you have, I suspect that many people covet that experience -- I know I do. I can't wait for that headbutt -- it will come!