POLL: HOW OLD IS "YOUR" MUSIC

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zoe'n'MissKitty

I am a child of the early 90's "grunge" movement.
Most of my faves were born out of the flannel, combat boots, and baggy ripped jeans of rebellion against over-done 80's hair metal.
My little sister shocked me a few months ago when she called my music old!! Of course, she IS 13....
HAHA that's pretty much exactly what I was going to say!! I listen to music from all era's but my music is definitely the 90s grunge thing!!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy and amazed at the amount of metal fans here!

There must be something similar about growling men and cute little kittens

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I have a question! WHY do all the singers nowdays sound as if they are TONGUE TIED. I mean they sound as if their tongue is stuck to their bottom teeth! Hillary Duff and Brittany Spears and even older singers all sound just the same! Sheesh! Even some country artists are starting to!

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Hehe people have mocked my favourite music (rap, R&B,R&G) so I guess I can say I hate that crap they call heavy metal! Hate it!!
Hey now, everyone can hate on rap, but no one is allowed to hate on metal!

I am, of course, kidding. There is some good R&B and rap out there (even if, IMO, it is few and far between).

You are right on some of the "crap they call heavy metal". A good bit of it these days IS crap!! (And this is coming from someone who likes the genre....)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was kind of joking. I'm the type of person that gets offended quite easily!

I do like some Heavy Metal, but the majority of it no.

It always comes down to, wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same things!

surrender

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hmmm... well, i don't like the rap and metal that are out there now. Rap/r&b/hiphop all sound the same now. And most metal bands are just people trying to scream... though i do enjoy a few

yup yup.

antares

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My music is mixed. Sometimes classic, sometimes Glenn Miller or Django Reinhardt, Beach Boys, German interpreter, and, sure, the 70th and 80th. Some years I worked as DJ. Was a great time :-) Someone remember Barry White, or the Carpenters, or CCR, or Peter, Paul and Mary, or ....

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Rock & Roll Friend!!!
....I envy you!!!!
I've been to a lot of metal shows... Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Sepultura, Voivoid, Overkill, In Flames, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Danzig, Morbid Angel, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Killswitch Engage, Nevermore, Type O Negative, Opeth, Black Label Society, Superjoint Ritual, Dimmu Borgir, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Marilyn Manson, Shadows Fall, Deicide, Nile, Queensryche, Dream Theater, Helloween, Nuclear Assault....

just to name a few.

You need to come to America, Rigel! I can take you to a lot of great shows!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just had to vote for every single era, I don't judge music by style, but by quality. I listen music from Motown and classic jazz to HC punk and classic rock. Traditional classical music is also nice, hence "other".

If I have to name a few faves: Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Mozart, early Oasis, Billie Holiday, the list goes on. I usually like individual songs, not artists.

What I really hate is this modern unbelievebly unimaginative pop "Rn'B"(I personally would not dignify it with that name), that has no other ambition than to make as sexy music videos as possible. I stopped watching MTV long ago.