Please send vibes for Rambo...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vibes are continuing for sweet Rambo.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Sending Get Well Soon vibes to little Rambo ... hopefully he will continue to improve and can come home with you soon!
& that's coming from another who's worrying over a furbaby
i'm also praying for you & Rambo.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope Rambo is feeling better and at home again soon! Poor guy!

Could it be a hairball? One time Prego had a hairball and threw it up, but then kept throwing up bile again and again. My vet did x-rays and couldn't find anything, so they gave him pepcid and special stomach food, and he was fine. My vet said the hairball must've irritated his tummy.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates? I hope sweet Rambo is doing better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: I picked Rambo up at the vet. He kept all his food down at the vet no problem...acting like he was feeling fine there. I brought him home, gave him some medication to relax his tummy, waited the 30 minutes and fed him again a bit. I went out for dinner, came back and he had vomited at least twice more. She doesn't think it's a hairball, she also doesn't think he's obstructed, but he's inflammed his intestine enough that he's vomiting bile. I'll have to call the vet again in the morning. He's now following me around wanting to snuggle. I think his tummy is hurting him alot.

If I could beg for the vibes to continue...my poor sensitive baby.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww poor Baby I will continue to keep that sweetpea in my thoughts and prayers. Many vibes headed to you .........

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rambo...

what is the matter little one?

More vibes are on the way.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I just got the mess cleaned up (found 5 separate messes from him). I gave him some valium to relax him so he would get some rest and we'll try again with some bland food tomorrow. I think I may try feeding him his wet separately tomorrow, and in small amounts and see what happens. I'm going to put some electrolytes in their water too...i'm worried he'll get dehydrated.

I'm not sure what else to do....any ideas anyone?
Any thoughts on getting bile out of white carpet either??

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, hope Rambo feels better soon and you can find out the cause of this problem

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed for him, it is so awful when they dont do the same at the vets as they do at home!!

penny v.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor wee chap! Could he have been chewing on a plant, maybe? Some of them can cause problems... I'm thinking of him and sending good thoughts, anyway.

Penny

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Penny V.

Poor wee chap! Could he have been chewing on a plant, maybe? Some of them can cause problems... I'm thinking of him and sending good thoughts, anyway.

Penny
That's a good thought...but I got rid of all my plants a long time ago because Rambo enjoyed the game of knocking them off the shelves!
I'm still thinking it must have been something on the surface of the wrapping paper?! No idea...

Update: he did throw up again about 4 times last night....and he hasn't eaten much this morning. I'll call the vet and update and see what she suggests as a next step if anything.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Rambo is back to normal this morining....
that would be great news.

If Rambo is still vomiting this morning,
a re-check is definitely in order...
vomiting that many times, over more than one day...

Personally, I would be very concerned that something was missed in this diagnoses if you boy is still ill this morning.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When i left this morning he hadn't thrown up, but he also hadn't eaten much of his food.

The vet and I decided since she couldn't automatically diagnose what had triggered this to try the mild approach. Last summer Rambo was ill with an allergic reaction (didn't know this at the time) and he was x-rayed about 5 times, barium treatment, blood work etc and spent about 4 nights at the vet. This time since I'm in a bit of a bind financially, the vet thought we should start with some medication to settle his tummy since his blood values were all normal and go from there. If he continues to be sick she said the next step was a barium & x-ray to see if he's ingested something.

I just called the vet and left the update...hopefully she'll get back to me with more information. I think it's going to be another long day.

Thank you again everyone for your support....

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I'm going to put some electrolytes in their water too...i'm worried he'll get dehydrated.
when Mouse was doing this, the vet had me give her the unflavored Pedialyte instead of water to help with her dehydration.

continued vibes & prayers here, too!