Please send us some good thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am crying as I read this post. So truly sorry for all of you, kitties included. Boo is so loved and he knows it. My heart goes out to you and Rick. I, along with so many others here, will be thinking of your whole family today. Good-bye sweet Boo! You are so very loved and will be so terribly missed!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
May the Cat Goddess hold you and keep you, Boo. Give our love to all the cats over at the Bridge who will give you a warm and loving welcome. 

Much love to Pam, Rick and the rest of the crew. We are all with you this morning. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mega :hugs: Having the vet come to help Boo cross over in his own home is really the best thing you can do, and the thought of him being reunited with Banshee will a comfort.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mom's cat died at 20. She deteriorated in a week's time, and was euthanized. The hardest decision any pet parent has to make is to prolong a life where the quality is deteriorating or non-existent, or loving that life enough to let him go when the time comes. I took in a lot of senior cats and dogs, and those who were sick, because they were high on the euthanasia list, and their chances of adoption were zero. I have had to euthanize a lot of my senior kids. No matter how many times I've held them as they left this world, it is never easy to say, "Until we meet again." When you adopt a pet, you know two things: (1) it is a lifetime commitment; and (2) their lives are shorter than ours. We may not think about that when they are puppies or kittens, but as time passes and they get older, we are reminded of them. The fact that you wish Boo would pass in his sleep is not evil or mean, and you will not be punished for it. But it is also indicative of your desire to see Boo's suffering end. Another shot for pain is postponing the inevitable. Do not be selfish and keep him alive just because you cannot part with him. My mother did that with a German Shepherd, Bobby, who was old and diabetic. It took 45 minutes to euthanize him because his veins were shot from the insulin shots. I was furious at my mom for making him suffer all those months, and then at the vet's for the euthanasia. This was cruel and selfish in the extreme, but she was stubborn, and refused to listen to the vet's advice when she said it was time to consider euthanasia because Bobby was deteriorating, and there wasn't much else that could be done for him. But my mother has always been selfish and stubborn, so I wasn't too surprised. Really think about what is best for Boo. He is old, and he is suffering. He is ready to cast off his old and sick body. Return the unconditional love he has given you for 20 years, and do the right thing for him. You will be relieved, and Boo will thank you for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
BooBoo crossed the Bridge this morning around 10:00. He's gone. I'm really praying that Banshee was there to meet him and that they're fighting now. And that he's happy and healthy again. 

The vet came here to euthanize him. It took some time because his veins were in such bad shape. We just got back from taking his body down to be cremated. We'll pick up his ashes and Rick agrees with me that Boo belongs with Banshee.

I'll post something in the Bridge forum, but I can't right now.

Thank you for being there. 

Our hearts are just broken right now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo is so handsome! Yes, he belongs with Banshee...

Banshee did meet him at the Bridge. They are now carefree and playing.. There is a Mega Sized Treat Ball in the Bridge which has Boo's name on it... Boo is giving all the treats away to the other cats up there....

My heart is breaking for you, Rick and the family...

You did the right thing..Boo is no longer in pain. He is free from it. His soul will forever be with you..

(((hugs)))

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo is beautiful. Hold him close in your hearts and memories, and may God grant you peace and comfort.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry, he was such a handsome guy.  He is free of his failing body now.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Boo and Banshee are together now. She was waiting when he crossed the Bridge, and then swatted him, for old times' sake. She also confessed that she really knew how to spin the treat wheel, but it was easier for Boo to do it, and wait for the treats to come down.

Boo is relieved to have shed his old and sick body, and so are you. His suffering is over. He will never be sick or old again. There are many TCS kitties in heaven, so he already has lots of friends.

I've said this many times on this site, and I'll say it again: Boo is one of the lucky ones. He had a loving home, and he died surrounded by his family. Think of the nunber of cats who have no homes, receive no veterinary care, and suffer until they die, with no loved ones around. This includes those who die at the shelters.

Make a donation to a cat rescue in his memory. The money will be deeply appreciated. I posted a thread here about an anonymous donor who dropped $8,000 in cash in the cat donation box at the Pasadena Humane Society on Wednesday. The PHS serves only two cities, but takes in 12,000 animals per year. Pasadena is in eastern Los Angeles County, and is the site of the Rose Parade on New Year's Day.

God bless you during this difficult. Know that Boo is happy and healthy.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. All of us that have pets that we love know that such a day is going to come but we are never ready for it. You and your family gave done a selfless act today even though you knew how much pain it was going to cause you. Take some positivity knowing that Boo is free of pain and you gave him the best of life.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just wanted to send you hugs. You did the right thing. You guys surrounded him with your love and you did the last loving thing and letting him go. I know how hard this is for you guys. It will take some adjustment. Be good to yourself and don't be overly critical at yourself for having tears and sadness. You know there is no timeline for grief. Allow yourself the time to grieve. I think you did the right thing in having your husband make the decision. Don't forget that men grieve differently. At least in my experience. They seem to go off by themselves and do whatever they do..mine likes to break things or go walk in the woods and throw rocks etc. It's the hardest thing in the world to let our loved ones go.

Boo is running free at the Bridge and gets to eat all the treats out of the gumball machine. I absolutely loved that story. It makes him seem real to me as real as he is to you. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts during this journey. Sending you many hugs  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All the love and :hugs: in the world, Pam - to you, Rick and the furkids. You are in my thoughts - and Boo will never be forgotten :heart3:

:rbheart: Run free BooBoo, and rest in peace sweet boy :rbheart:
:angel::heart3::purple Butterfly::heart2::Teal Dragonfly::heart3::paw::rbheart::paw::heart3::Teal Dragonfly::heart2::purple Butterfly::heart3::angel:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever LOVED, sweet Boo!  No more pain, no more suffering -- only wellness, freedom, and Perfect Love eternally! with your beloved ones who are there with you.  Watch over your loved ones here below until you are reunited in due time, never to part again.  The soul is eternal and there is no "death" -- it is just like passing through a veil into a place so much better than we could ever imagine, filled with a Love that is immeasurable. 

Our thoughts and *PRAYERS* are with you and your family.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo is so handsome! Yes, he belongs with Banshee...

Banshee did meet him at the Bridge. They are now carefree and playing.. There is a Mega Sized Treat Ball in the Bridge which has Boo's name on it... Boo is giving all the treats away to the other cats up there....

My heart is breaking for you, Rick and the family...

You did the right thing..Boo is no longer in pain. He is free from it. His soul will forever be with you..

(((hugs)))

:yeah: I've been thinking of you guys all day. :rbheart::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.