Please Send Mega Vibes For My S/O - He's In the Hospital

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! Glad to hear that it is just ulcers....maybe he will learn this time!!!

I hope you can go see him!!! Many to the both of you!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness it was the ulcer. Give him a good smack on the head when he gets home.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm so relieved it's ulcers! Ultimately treatable! And unlike Gary, I hope your hubby listens to the Docs and changes his habits. Men - SO STUBBORN!

I also hope you find a safe way to visit.

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Thank goodness it was the ulcer. Give him a good smack on the head when he gets home.
I'll give him a few days to recover - then there will be some
- and then a smack upside the head!

I finally got a chance to talk to him, and he's understandably tired, but alert. He's in his own room now which is good, b/c at least now I can talk to him.
He doesn't know when they'll release him, but hopefully it should be within the next few days.
And I found someone who will take me up there to get him when he's able to leave.

I apologize for not being around much today, but between making & receiving phone calls, and trying to take a few catnaps (I'm tired myself from lack of sleep due to worrying) I haven't had much time to go online.

So that's the latest. Thanks again peeps for being there.

~KK~

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Men - SO STUBBORN!
At least it was just an ulcer and something that he can easily remedy by not eating those pills like candy! I'd give him a timer if he thinks he needs those pills one after another.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I hope your hubby listens to the Docs and changes his habits.
I ain't gonna hold my breath for THAT to happen!

Men - SO STUBBORN!
Men - stubborn?

If you look up the word 'stubborn' in the dictionary, it would be spelled M-E-N!!

If I EVER catch him trying to sneak another BC powder or aspirin again after this, he's gonna find out the real meaning of the work B
! He'll wish he was
&

~KK~

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear he's doing ok! Hospital is such a horrible place, I imagine going through all that gave him a fright. I hope he recovers fast, and is home soon.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

What's "BC Powder"?
I didn't know what it was either- it's a pain relief powder:

www.bcpowder.com

I'm so glad it was an ulcer and not something life-threatening, not that those are to be taken lightly! I hope he gets out soon.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear its nothing too serious!
for his continued improvement, and even more that he learns from the experience!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I didn't know what it was either- it's a pain relief powder:

www.bcpowder.com

I didn't know what they were, either, till after I moved to Texas and someone at my former workplace suggested taking them for my back pain. They shouldn't be taken on a regular basis, though, b/c they're extremely hard on the stomach and can cause serious problems - such as contributing to having ulcers. My s/o is a good example of that....

Anyway, I talked to my s/o this morning, and he thinks he should be able to come home tomorrow.
He's waiting for the doctor to give him the thumbs up..

He sounds much better today and is in better spirits, and is even getting back his "cocky attitude". He's anxious to come back home (not that I blame him any for that!) and already complaining about hospital food and wanting a good home-cooked meal (don't blame him for that, either!).

I'm waiting for him to call to let me know what's up..

~KK~

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG!! Tiff, I am so sorry, this is the first I have read of this and I am so sorry I haven't been there for your support!!!
I am glad he is coming home soon! Hope he makes a full recovery! I saw where he had been taking BC powders, I had a friend that would eat it like candy all the time, and she even knew that it was bad for ya and she didn't care! she just kept on I can't believe the same hasn't happened to her! We haven't been friends in a couple of yrs, so it might have caught up with her too! Anyway, Ya'll are both in my thoughts and prayers!
Love ya!
Monique

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

how can loss this thread before...

for you and your son.......
Just an FYI, Coolcat: my s/o is my boyfriend - not my son.
But I appreciate your warm wishes.

My s/o was released today, and our friend & I went to pick him up.
He's doing really well, but is on a bunch of meds for the healing process and other things (I'm not sure exactly what, since I'm not a medical person..
).

However, he has to go back in about a week for more tests to be taken. Apparently, they found something in his stomach that didn't look right, and they think it may be cancer.
So he's not entirely out of the woods yet it would appear..
I'm obviously hoping & praying that it's not anything serious..

We'll know more in about a week or so. But at least he's home for now, and doing well.

Thanks again everyone for all your concern, and get-well wishes. It means a lot to us!

~KK~