Please say a prayer fo my dog "Toby"

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for Toby's update! You must be so happy to finally have your baby back home with you. I know Toby's happy to be with you too! You are wonderful comfort to him as he makes this adjustment. May 20th will be here before you know it and I certainly expect another good report!

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Something else to think about, and a great big spot of hope.

Anyone who has ever had eye surgery can tell you that it takes a while for their vision to return to what it was.

I know most people who have laser surgery, continue to see significant improvement over the first 3-6 months...sometimes even beyond.

Since you know there is a chance that Toby's eye will be able to heal, then I would expect to see some impressive improvement over the next few months. Remember that on May 20th he will still be healing and will be getting used to seeing again...but I'm sure that he will do fine.

Give him a pat on the head for me, and tell him I said to get better ASAP.

Spotz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the encouraging words ( I know my spelling is off , sorry ) . You all have no clue , unless you went through something yourself , how much you all help me to deal with that sitiuation

Toby is still bumping in every thing
. But it seems to get better , I guesss he is starting to adjust slowly . It seems to me he is doing better out in the back yard walking around then he is in the house . Hmmm , kind of funny

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toby is doing very well
and the last couple of days he can see . I think he is using the eye where the lids are sewn together and peek out lol . How ever , today in the afternoon I go to let his stitches being removed . I guess then I know for sure . Sorry I up date so late , got cought up with PD Girl and the work and all .

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well , I got good news and bad news

The good news is that his eye is healing good

The bad news is that Toby has rub his eye and now got a ulcer in that eye
I had to keep him at the vet so they will re stitch his eye again for 2 weeks it has to be like that and he also will get a colar around his neck so he can not rub it again . Tommorow I will pick him up again
poor baby . Then I have to lead him around again since he will not be able to see with his bad eye
. Toby was so depressed in the beginning and may be again when I pick him up at the vet

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the Update Heidi...

Toby will get through this...hang in there.

Spotz

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hedi, Toby will adjust, whatever the outcome. We had a dog who went completely blind by age 8 (she had glaucoma: grüner Star) - and she lived till she was 14. We didn't rearrange the furniture, and made sure nothing was lying around that she could injure herself on. She managed perfectly in the house and yard. Dogs have such acute hearing and a phenomenal sense of smell that they usually don't have a major problem with poor eyesight or blindness. I do hope it won't come to that with Toby.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the setback Hedi. Poor little Toby, he is really going through it. I would think that with his e-collar things will begin to improve quicker now. Loads of good vibes going to you and Toby.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry to hear things aren't going so well for Toby, but I know he will be back to his old self in no time, he will get along fine with the collar once he gets used to it, I'm sure. Keep us posted! *hugs*

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Toby now why did you go and rub your eye? Yeah I know baby it was bugging you. Hedi I am sorry to hear that he has a small set back, he will be fine thou. Still keeping him and you in my thoughts and prayers

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry your Toby is having to spend another night at the vet. You must miss him so much!
He will heal quickly, and whatever the outcome, he will adjust well as long as your at his side! You and Toby remain in my thoughts.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Toby has an ulcer and has to wait another couple of weeks before the eye can be left open...tell him wearing the "evil space cone" as we call it, may mean he gets to be hand-fed treats
and that he'll get through this.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all soooooooo much
, you all are wonderful people
. I don't know what I would do with out all your great suport

3blackcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hedi, I am so sorry to hear about Toby's setback.

Sending you and Toby mega (((HUGS)))

Get well soon Toby and don't scratch that eye

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much

Toby seem to do really good having his eyelid sewn together , he is not depresed
I did not mention it in the other post , but they did not give him that color around his neck . I just hope I don't have to go through this again with him after the 2 weeks is over . This time they sew it a lot better together though
, so maybe that helps . It looks like that outside he can see a little better and is not bumping into everything , but in the house he is . Kind of funny , hmmmmm ? Maybe daylight ? But Toby is doing good and act like he is a happy dog