Please say a prayer fo my dog "Toby"

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Toby will be alright! Sending him mega healing vibes and no loss of sight.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Toby is so adorable! What an adorable little dog!!! I am still praying for him...I am thinking the best for him...I will check in to see how he is as soon as I can, but it may be a couple days before I can get back online...I wish I had your phone number to call you....just know my prayers are with Toby and with you. And if by some chance, (God forbid) he is blind, look at it that he is still alive and with you. I would kill to have Merlin back, even blind, just to still be with me. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Debby

Oh, Toby is so adorable! What an adorable little dog!!! I am still praying for him...I am thinking the best for him...I will check in to see how he is as soon as I can, but it may be a couple days before I can get back online...I wish I had your phone number to call you....just know my prayers are with Toby and with you. And if by some chance, (God forbid) he is blind, look at it that he is still alive and with you. I would kill to have Merlin back, even blind, just to still be with me. My thoughts are with you, my friend.
Aaaww Debby
bless you
. Again I am sorry about Merlin
. Be sure I know how it is to loos some one special in your life

Thank you both baileyswild and Loubelia

I will keep Toby till monday evening at the vet . My husband made plans for a long weekend camping/fishing trip
. So Toby is saver there then going with us and he sure don't need any confusion with only one eye where he only can see maybe shades

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hedi,

Toby is beautiful...looks to be a Boston? I have a friend who has Boston's, they are quite the characters...one of hers lost an eye, hasn't slowed him down *one bit*!

I know that given a choice, Toby just wants to continue being loved by you and a part of your family. Whatever happens, you will help Toby learn to compensate. I just want to hear he's home with you and doing well.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hedi
I am so sorry to hear that Toby has been injured. Please don't blame yourself. Even if Toby can't see anymore he will be able to adjust to that and live a happy life with the people he loves. Hang in there I am putting you and Toby in my thoughts and prayers, we are here for you my friend

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the encouraging words for me

Don't worry Pat , Toby will be back with me again on Monday . I just don't want to take him with us in the woods camping where he don't know where he is . I don't want to comfuse him more and also don't want any thing happen to his eye out there to get a infection in his eye . I made the decition for his best interest . I think at the vets he has more care and savety then being in the woods with us . I am comming back and forth from camping , I got to take care of my other baby's
. I am leaving this afternoon when my son come home from school and Sunday afternoon I come home for good , I have to work Monday . When Monday Mike come to pick me up from work I will drive to pick up Toby
. I do miss him very much

BTW , I will keep Toby no matter with eye sight or with out eye sight . Toby is my baby and I would never get rid of any animals b/c of a sickness . I know there are peple out there who just put a animal down for that b/c it would be to much on them to deal with it . I just wanted to say this to every body I keep my dog .

Animals are know to deal better with sickness then humans and I am sure Toby will ajust in time and will have a good quality of life . He may don't have the plessure to chase after squerrels any more in the back yard . But I am sure he will be able to walk around by himself again and sniff all he wants and still can be a happy dog .

I forgot to tell you that his eye need to be close for 10 - 14 days in order to heal by itself . I guess after open the stiches from the eyelid we will know if Toby will be able to see something at all . I still have hope that Toby is gaining some eye sight back . The vet said it is posible he gain some eye sight back since I brought him to the vet quickly . So there is hope .

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope all goes well for Toby, he is in my prayers. Hedi if only we all had a crystal ball eh? You weren't to know what would happen. He will soon be home now.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cilla

Hope all goes well for Toby, he is in my prayers. Hedi if only we all had a crystal ball eh? You weren't to know what would happen. He will soon be home now.
Thank you Cilla

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOOOHHH, Toby is such a cutie pie! He looks like the dog on the Zyrtec commercial. Is he a terrier? I hope he will be able to see, but either way, he is sooo lucky to have you in his life, vice versa!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hedi, Toby is just as cute as he can be!
He remains in my prayers that he will keep his eyesight. I don't feel that anyone would ever doubt your intentions to keep your sweet Toby. I hope you are able to enjoy your camping trip as you look forward to seeing your baby on Monday!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much

I am back from my camping trip and it was very nice . My first time going camping btw
Yes , Toby is a Boston Terrier . I did call on Friday at the vet and was told that Toby is doing fine
I was happy to hear that . Tommorow after my work at 4pm I drive to pick Toby up and sure can't wait to see him again . I hope he has some what ajusted to almost no eyesight , poor baby
. I sure will let you all know how Toby is doing when I am back .

Thank you all again for all the prayers , thoughts and vibes
It sure means a lot to me
I am sure for Toby too

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Debby

I picked Toby up today after work , boy was he happy to smell us
and so are we happy to see him . I am so glad Toby is back with me and I sure missed him big time . If I have not said it befor now I will , Toby is my baby
. That poor dog did not move an inch the hole 30 minutes drive to go home
. I don't know why , maybe he was scared to move and can't see a lick that's what I think . I did let him out in the back yard after getting the other 2 dogs in the front for the night , to make sure Toby will not get bothered in any way . Toby were running into everything
. But I notice not in all things , so I think he do see shades in the one eye who was stoned by children . He also were feeling comfi to walk around in the yard , I guess he know's where he is walking some what . In the house Toby is still careful walking around not to bump into anything and he still does
. It looks like he is in no pain though
, I am so happy for that . He is on Amoxi Caplets 250 mg ( antibiotics ) every 12 hours for 7 more days . On the 20 of May I will have to go to the vet with Toby for his stitches to get out . I hope then I will find out more about his eye sight . I can't belive how much I love that dog , just as much like one of my cats

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Oh Heidi, You do have my heartfelt hopes and prayers for Toby. A friend of mine has a 13 yr old dog with diabetes, he was diagnosed about 2 yrs ago.I diagnosed him before the vet...she initially said no way! Harrison is essentially blind except for shadows and does beautifully..you should see him run up onto the couch for his shots! You know I believe animals adapt so much better than humans when it comes to losing a sense, like sight, hearing or a limb. Humans tend to attach emotions to these things, animals don't. We say, "Oh how will I read?" or "How can I listen to music?" Sometimes we overly bury ourselves in self-pity, which is easy to do. Animals just get on with it. Toby will be fine, especially with your loving care and guidance.