Please pray for the baby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We thought he'd be all right. He started vomiting and choking and couldn't breathe. He was life flighted with a doctor and 3 emt's to Children's Hosp. last night. Billy said his mommy was suctioning him, but he'd start to breathe and then stop. That went on until the ambulance arrived. I wondered why they didn't give him mouth to mouth, but he said Taylor would breathe sporadically, and then choke again. You can't give mouth to mouth when the patient is breathing. I taught school for children with CP, and accoding to my training, they were right, but it is still frightening. Please pray. We're back to step one. He seems to do well for a few days and then regress.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeanie

I am praying for you and I'm so sorry your poor family is having to go through this hell. God bless you and the little one.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Continuing to pray.....I pray they can find out what is really wrong with the little guy this time and do something about it!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!!!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I was so hoping he was getting better and stronger. Of course you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they discover what is wrong with him and he gets better soon!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jeannie, I don't know how I missed this. This must be so difficult for you all. I'm sooooo sorry to hear about little Taylor. Sending hugs and prayers. Lots of prayers. Pleas, actually. No one should have to suffer through this. Poor little guy.

Please know you are in my prayers.

Laurie

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jeanie, you and your family are in my thoughts. Please let us know when you hear something. It just isn't fair that someone that little should have to go through all that.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh Jeanie, I just read this.

Sending big bear hugs and super strength your way. Taylor will be fine and so will you. Be strong and stay positive.

Sending prayers out your way.

bengal cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jeanie I missed all of this being gone at the cat show and everything else that is going on here. I am so sorry and I too will pray for the baby. I how how hard it can be to wait to know what is going on. I will pray for the Taylor John and your family.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taylor has been diagnosed with a weak esophagus and milk and possibly soy allergies. The flap to the windpipe does not close as fast as necessary, and if he cannot hold down his food-for whatever reason, he aspirates the fluid. That's why he couldn't breathe. His parents will be trained in CPR, and he will be put on a sleep apnea monitor, which will awaken them if he stops breathing. He will be in the hospital until the doctors are sure they have covered all the bases. I fear this will be an on-going problem. Please remember him in your prayers. Thank all of you for your care.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keeping little Taylor in our prayers. It does sound like it's going to be work for all, but love will see this through! We know someone a duodenum that doesn't work. They were able to correct that problem with surgery. It sounds like something that might fix itself as he grows, or once he's larger surgery might be an option. Either way, he's a special little guy with lots of people who love him and many people praying for him! :tounge2:

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeanie with people around the world praying for him, he just has to be alright!

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that little Taylor isn't doing good again. I will say a prayer for him that he recovers soon.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your prayers and kindness are really appreciated. Thank you so much.

the dreaded tum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jeanie: I'm so sorry to hear that Taylor has had a relapse... sending prayers your way and extra ones for you and your family to give you the stamina to deal with all the stress!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe with a diagnosis, the doctors will be able to help Taylor get better soon.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Taylor has been diagnosed and his parents have had a bit of training in CPR, the baby is being sent home with the Apnea Monitor, and his parents are supposed to take the full course in CPR. The doctor said it will probably happen again, but they will have the training to deal with it and save his life. It's not very reassuring, but he can't stay in the hospital until he grows out of it, if he does, or until he gets surgery if he doesn't. It's frightening, but the hospital can't justify keeping him now that the test results are back. I thank all of you for your prayers and your kindness. It's been a rough time, and most of the people at the Site have been so supportive and kind. Believe me, I appreciate it, and so do his parents. We won't forget! Remember him in your prayers, please.