Please Help :(

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you are doing a great job and Dipper is doing well.Adding the KMR is excellent. You could look into adding probiotics.
My daughter's kittens are the same age as my ferals but they are sleeker, larger, with shinier coats. Her kittens get Purina O.N.E. kitten and my kittens at Dennys get Purina Kitten Chow now. It is hard for me to credit the food, though, because the kittens at Dennys were sick plus they live outside - both huge factors in health and development.
I hope we get to see updated pics of Dipper:camera:

Cielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this is a little late and I haven't read all the replies, but how close to New Orleans are you? I would offer to take the baby off your hands but I just lost a kitten to panleukopenia and won't be taking little ones anytime soon, however, my little guy had ringworm as well and I have some solution left to make a lime sulphur dip, it lasts a long time and was really effective for my baby. His case was really bad and it took about a month to clear up completely, but there was visible improvement after every dip. I have antifungal shampoo as well. Also I can't recommend out vet enough, the low cost animal medical center in New Orleans is the only reason I was able to take care of my Cakepop as long as I could.

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I have created a GoFundMe to try to pay my baby's vet bills. The GoFundMe page includes the whole story if you don't already know it. I will post the link here for anyone who may want to donate. Thanks in advance for donations and support, feel free to share the link and situation if you feel led to. God bless each and every one of you on this site, you have been a huge help just in the short time I've been here! Dipper and I are thankful for any aid. :grouphug: Click here to support HELP GET MY KITTY HEALTHY organized by Kyrstin LeBouef
Is James Carnline your vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uhmkyrstin

Mama to a Purrfect Kitten
Young Cat
Purraise
Is James Carnline your vet?
James is my boyfriend, under the GoFundMe it asked me for a second creator, so we put him down and it sorta shifted the campaign over to his name and I didn’t know how to change it back.. Thank you for asking though, I know that probably seemed confusing if you read it. :hearthrob::redheartpump:

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
I know this is a little late and I haven't read all the replies, but how close to New Orleans are you? I would offer to take the baby off your hands but I just lost a kitten to panleukopenia and won't be taking little ones anytime soon, however, my little guy had ringworm as well and I have some solution left to make a lime sulphur dip, it lasts a long time and was really effective for my baby. His case was really bad and it took about a month to clear up completely, but there was visible improvement after every dip. I have antifungal shampoo as well. Also I can't recommend out vet enough, the low cost animal medical center in New Orleans is the only reason I was able to take care of my Cakepop as long as I could.
I’m so sorry I never replied to you, I’m just seeing your comment! Thank you so much, you’re so sweet for offering and recommending. I am about 45 minutes from New Orleans. Also, I eventually got my Dipper to a vet near me, it was difficult because of the costs but I found one that would work with us. Dipper ended up not even having ringworm, and I had been freaking out and bathing him with antifungal shampoo for weeks... :cringe: I found out that he just had ear mites, which I didn’t know about.. and he was allergic to fleas. (I knew he had those and I would comb him every night as well.) Apparently his skin was really sensitive to flea saliva and bites and that caused him to lose his hair. They prescribed him some medication and I put it on him.... the next day, his fur was back in most places. I was shocked. So many people had told me ringworm, especially the people in my life that had veterinary backgrounds. But I feel silly for so heavily self diagnosing him. Next month he goes back to get more meds and another check up. But he is doing better than ever right now.

Attachments

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update! Happy to hear he's doing better. He looks so cute...he's all ears!
Thank you, he’s definitely a lot happier now that he’s feeling better. :cloud9: And yes, his ears are definitely a feature you can’t miss! I love them, when there’s a noise he turns and his ears twitch in the cutest way. :lovecat3:

HopScotchFreda

Dutiful Servant to Socks, Boots, Fig and Kadota
Kitten
Purraise
I have created a GoFundMe to try to pay my baby's vet bills. The GoFundMe page includes the whole story if you don't already know it. I will post the link here for anyone who may want to donate. Thanks in advance for donations and support, feel free to share the link and situation if you feel led to. God bless each and every one of you on this site, you have been a huge help just in the short time I've been here! Dipper and I are thankful for any aid. :grouphug: Click here to support HELP GET MY KITTY HEALTHY organized by Kyrstin LeBouef
Just sent you a little - not much, but hope it will help. I've recently been there, and had kind souls help me out, so I'm paying it forward :). Btw, is there a low cost shelter/vet in your area? May be listed as a spay/neuter clinic? You don't actually get to see the vet, at least not at the one I used, but in a pinch they can be a lifesaver. The one I used is S.P.O.T - it was $180.00 to spay/neuter, rabies/feline distemper(?) vaccine, microchip, and nail trim two polydactyl cats. Also try your local SPCA or Humane Society - not to adopt your furbie, but for treatments/spay/neuter. The ones in my area offer low-cost services - maybe the ones in your area do too? Hugs from me and my furbies to you and yours!

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
Just sent you a little - not much, but hope it will help. I've recently been there, and had kind souls help me out, so I'm paying it forward :). Btw, is there a low cost shelter/vet in your area? May be listed as a spay/neuter clinic? You don't actually get to see the vet, at least not at the one I used, but in a pinch they can be a lifesaver. The one I used is S.P.O.T - it was $180.00 to spay/neuter, rabies/feline distemper(?) vaccine, microchip, and nail trim two polydactyl cats. Also try your local SPCA or Humane Society - not to adopt your furbie, but for treatments/spay/neuter. The ones in my area offer low-cost services - maybe the ones in your area do too? Hugs from me and my furbies to you and yours!
You are SO kind!! :angel:Such a blessing and I cannot thank you enough. I had taken him to the cheapest vet I could find, and the bill was still.. hefty. I have to pay more next month, and possibly the next if he still needs treatment after. (I believe in the thread I was saying that he had ringworm.. well, I was wrong. He was having an allergic reaction and had ear mites.. so meds came HEAVILY into play :( ) Then he still needs shots, etc. So your kindness is going to help us more than I can even explain in words. With the troubles my family is going through, sometimes it’s hard to have hope! But I want you to know that you help give me some faith back! God bless you ALWAYS! :grouphug:

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
I left a bit for you, as well.
Thank you SO much! I don’t know if you receive the thank yous I send on the app, so I want to make sure you know how appreciated you are. God bless, God bless! :touched::redheartpump: