Please Help :(

uhmkyrstin

Mama to a Purrfect Kitten
Young Cat
Purraise
Well guys, I have to give some depressing news. Due to family problems, I can't keep my Dipper... We're having financial problems and housing issues and I just can't afford his vet bill of $100-$200 for everything he needs and I can't put him inside my house with his ringworm, I have dogs and puppies right now and I definitely cannot afford a ringworm outbreak. (He stays in a camper with sufficient temps and blankets and nothing to hurt himself, and I stay in there with him during the day.) The ideal situation would be to have someone foster him until my situation improves.. So my question. Does anyone know someone in Louisiana, southern Louisiana, who could foster my baby..? He would need the vet, but I would gladly reimburse all bills when I can take him back. If not, can anyone please give me advice on what to do, I'm heartbroken and haven't stopped crying. I'm scared a shelter will euthanasize him.. :bawling2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
Hang in there, we'll get the crew to work on this!
I'm trying so hard myself to do what I can, I called a shelter nearby and they immediately told me they would
certainly euthanize him and that he would have no chance there.. I love my baby and I've done so much for him, I just need someone to take him while I'm having problems..

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there other shelters in you area to call? Or rescue groups? You may have to call the nearest large city if you're in a small town.

You can keep him if you just get ringworm treatment paid for, or do you need more?

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
Are there other shelters in you area to call? Or rescue groups? You may have to call the nearest large city if you're in a small town.

You can keep him if you just get ringworm treatment paid for, or do you need more?
I called some other shelters but they say that they can't guarantee that I would be able to adopt him back when the time comes that I'm able. I would've liked a foster family to take him but the shelter said that they have over packed fosters bc they've gotten over 2,000 kittens this year. He still needs vaccinations and he MAY have a respiratory infection, I'm not positive though bc he only sneezes sometimes when it's humid out. But then, there's also housing problems for while his ringworm is clearing up because of my other pets.. :(

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you have to do what is best for the cat. You might run a post on Craigslist to find a temporary foster. If you don't have any luck fairly quickly, then getting the cat medicines for ringworm and URI should be the priority...even if you have to give up custody to a no-kill shelter. I hope you find a way to keep him in the long run, but do what's in the best interest of the cat first, and yours second. :alright:

I'm sending good vibes your way that someone will step up to foster him temporarily and you get him back when you're able. :vibes:

Can you call around to veterinarians offices for medicines? Some generous vet might help you out without a huge expense if you just call and ask.

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
Well, you have to do what is best for the cat. You might run a post on Craigslist to find a temporary foster. If you don't have any luck fairly quickly, then getting the cat medicines for ringworm and URI should be the priority...even if you have to give up custody to a no-kill shelter. I hope you find a way to keep him in the long run, but do what's in the best interest of the cat first, and yours second. :alright:

I'm sending good vibes your way that someone will step up to foster him temporarily and you get him back when you're able. :vibes:

Can you call around to veterinarians offices for medicines? Some generous vet might help you out without a huge expense if you just call and ask.
Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it! I'm planning on trying to get him into a temp home this weekend, but if I can't by Monday, I have found a shelter that will take him and give him the treatment he needs, for the very reason you just mentioned: so that my poor baby will have a chance at the best life possible, even if it's without me. I am hoping that if I have to surrender him, I can find a way to possibly adopt him back in a few weeks- a month, but only time will tell..

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would hope that most shelters would prefer to reunite a pet with a previous, caring owner than try to find a new home for the cat. :crossfingers:

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
I would hope that most shelters would prefer to reunite a pet with a previous, caring owner than try to find a new home for the cat. :crossfingers:
They say that they can't guarantee, which to me, I don't understand because either way someone's going to adopt my Dipper anyway. But I suppose they have to do what runs smoothly for them, so I understand.

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
Well guys, I have to give some depressing news. Due to family problems, I can't keep my Dipper... We're having financial problems and housing issues and I just can't afford his vet bill of $100-$200 for everything he needs and I can't put him inside my house with his ringworm, I have dogs and puppies right now and I definitely cannot afford a ringworm outbreak. (He stays in a camper with sufficient temps and blankets and nothing to hurt himself, and I stay in there with him during the day.) The ideal situation would be to have someone foster him until my situation improves.. So my question. Does anyone know someone in Louisiana, southern Louisiana, who could foster my baby..? He would need the vet, but I would gladly reimburse all bills when I can take him back. If not, can anyone please give me advice on what to do, I'm heartbroken and haven't stopped crying. I'm scared a shelter will euthanasize him.. :bawling2:
UPDATE GUYS!!!

I have found a few outdoor structures suitable for my kitty to live in, so things are looking up!! All I need now is to find funds for his vet visit!

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
I have created a GoFundMe to try to pay my baby's vet bills. The GoFundMe page includes the whole story if you don't already know it. I will post the link here for anyone who may want to donate. Thanks in advance for donations and support, feel free to share the link and situation if you feel led to. God bless each and every one of you on this site, you have been a huge help just in the short time I've been here! Dipper and I are thankful for any aid. :grouphug: Click here to support HELP GET MY KITTY HEALTHY organized by Kyrstin LeBouef

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, check with your vet about iodine. I have dealt with ringworm on several occasions with my horses and once with my son (given as a gift to him from a kid on the school bus). Each time I used iodine on a q-tip or cotton ball to clear it up. Within days it was gone. Call a vet and find out what they think.

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
Also, check with your vet about iodine. I have dealt with ringworm on several occasions with my horses and once with my son (given as a gift to him from a kid on the school bus). Each time I used iodine on a q-tip or cotton ball to clear it up. Within days it was gone. Call a vet and find out what they think.
thank you! i definitely will, everything else claims that it takes weeks to clear so a few days sounds like a dream.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
Just sent you a tiny bit on your GoFundMe page, and shared it on my FB.
Thank you SO much, oh my. I appreciate your kindness so very much, and Dipper will be able to be a healthy kitty so much sooner because of the sweet hearts of people like you. It's so hard to even find words to express how greatful I am. :cloud9: May God bless you always!!! :hugs:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant do anything but share your gofundme plus send prayers :vibes::vibes::vibes:
Bless you for rescuing little Dipper. I wanted to mention that giving him a good food without a corn base is a good idea. In the summer, I take over feeding a feral colony and this year, the babies were dying from URI, ad - I switched them from the walmart corn based food that they were getting to Cat&Co kitten blended with Purina O.N.E. kitten and the whole colony got healthy again.
Thank you for being the hero in one little kitten's life :rock:

uhmkyrstin

Young Cat
Purraise
I cant do anything but share your gofundme plus send prayers :vibes::vibes::vibes:
Bless you for rescuing little Dipper. I wanted to mention that giving him a good food without a corn base is a good idea. In the summer, I take over feeding a feral colony and this year, the babies were dying from URI, ad - I switched them from the walmart corn based food that they were getting to Cat&Co kitten blended with Purina O.N.E. kitten and the whole colony got healthy again.
Thank you for being the hero in one little kitten's life :rock:
Right now he’s eating Purina Kitten Chow, which I bought because a friend of mine with near 20 kitties has always fed hers Purina and suggested it to me. The only other thing he gets is some wet kitten food sometimes + I still mix the KMR kitten milk I fed him when I first found him with his dry food every few feedings. (I also read that tuna is good in moderation so I give him a small pinch as a little treat after baths). Do you recommend I change any of these habits? I’m learning just by research, the only other kittens I’ve had in my life were cared for by their mama and just ate the same cat food as her when they were older, and none of them had any health problems the entire time we had them besides a few flea issues.