Super Cat
Purraise
Aw thnx bby chula lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Both of your cats will be fine. Vets perform hundreds of spays and neuters annually, and it is routine surgery for them. A neuter, in particular, is literally a 5-10 minute procedure. I suggest asking for pain meds for the first 3 days for a spay, as the incision site is sore, but most cats recover nicely and quickly.

Most vets, when asked, will call you after the cats wake up from surgery to give you an update. Mine always have! But the cats will be groggy the rest of the day, and will mostly sleep, so being at work to keep your mind busy may be the best choice.
That is so going to be me. I'm probably gnna be the one calling every 5 mins for an update before they even call to give me the update. I guess it's just an overprotective cat mom thing.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with calling for an update and nothing wrong with being an overprotective cat mom!  That is how Anubis got nursed back to health, with your great care and concern.  I have no doubt that you will make sure they have a great recuperation.  Speedy and I send all good wishes to you and Anubis and Princess.  
  You are a wonderful cat mom!!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK.  I figured I must have gotten something mixed up there somewhere.  I will have to go back and re-read.  Thanks MServant for setting that straight for me. .

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I guess we have to wait until Lallorona is able to update us.  Hopefully all is well and no news yet.  

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey so I called my friend and he said that this week they have been bringing in the dogs so theid surgery had to be moved. He said he was going to let me know, most likely next week because next week it's the cats' turn. I told him I don't plan on waiting that long if he can't get my cats in to their schedule next week and if anything I'm just going to take them to another vet and pay the $30 for each to Get them fixed. I'm most likely going to have to ask for 2 days off depending if they release my female the next day.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got off the phone with him again. He told me next week they will come pick them up
For sure after I come home from work and they will return them to me the next day at 2-3 pm. They were unable to this week because he had forgotten that this week they would bring in the dogs. Id also like to meet with some of the people he works with. I'm not saying I don't trust them even if they deal with animals everyday but I first want to know who is going to be around my babies while I'm not there. I hope I didn't sound rude when I asked him that. He had no problem with it & even told me there's no need for me to call off work but I'm still going to.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He's right. There's no need to call off work. You're better off to stay occupied. It's nice they will pick them up and bring them home to you! And the cats will forget about the whole thing in no time at all. Glad to hear it's actually happening next week! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
If it were me, I would take the day off from work, but try to keep myself occupied. Doing something which did not require a lot of concentration,. Personally, I would do some heavy cleaning..meaning that I would be in the house, for a phone call, and I could just take my time doing things I want to do...and getting something accomplished..having a sense of something to occupy my time, while I was waiting for news...

I would not go in to meet the other people. lalorona, you have been through so much with your baby. I know your are so worried, but sometimes you do have to let go and trust others....these are caring people. They will take good care of you babies. You trust your friend, so have some faith.. I know it is hard to do, but things do happen for reasons..perhaps this situation was presented to you at the right time, with the right people...think of it that way...karma, or what ever you believe in...

Anubis and Princess will be fine...be kind to yourself...please do not upset yourself even more.. it is not good for you...and the kitties sense your distress...(((hugs))))

We will all be waiting for updates....

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Im actually starting to get excited about this :) but I know when the day comes I'm going to be very nervous. If I go to work I'm gonna ask my mom for her cell phone so I can call her during my two breaks and lunch on the house phone to see if there's any news or if they're home already . And I'll call him too for an update on my babies. So ready for this! I really hope they can provide pain meds in liquid form because my female turns into a savage ! Lol

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
My friend said he was going to come over with one of his partners so I can meet and talk with her. I know, I know I probably shouldn't and they probably think I'm overexaggerating lol but I wanna ask questions so it can put my mind at ease.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend said he was going to come over with one of his partners so I can meet and talk with her. I know, I know I probably shouldn't and they probably think I'm overexaggerating lol but I wanna ask questions so it can put my mind at ease.
That is definitely a sign of a very good, kind-hearted person!! and his partner also....

See---Good things are happening for a reason---YOU are a Great Person......like they say, "What goes around, comes around"....it is coming round to you now.....

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Borrowing the cell phone and going to work is a great idea.  You should let your boss know what is going on.  I'm sure everyone at work has heard all about your kitties and this way if you are off a little that day, they will be aware of the reason.