PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did the vet tell you how old she thinks he is?

Did you get a weight?

I'm glad he is getting the treatment he deserves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm already setting timers for his next medications. I have high hopes he will recover and grow in to a beautiful boy :) prayers for Anubis plz! :)

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Did the vet tell you how old she thinks he is?

Did you get a weight?

I'm glad he is getting the treatment he deserves.
His chart says 6 weeks old. So I was right about the estimate

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
His chart says 6 weeks old. So I was right about the estimate
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 oh and he weight 1.15 lbs. his heart rate was a little slow and his gums were pale but The rest of his vitals were normal.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok, great. I'll feel better when I know he is eating. He'll need lots of wet food and kitten chow to grow on. Hopefully his appetite will return once he feels better. Has he eaten anything at all yet?

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, great. I'll feel better when I know he is eating. He'll need lots of wet food and kitten chow to grow on. Hopefully his appetite will return once he feels better. Has he eaten anything at all yet?
Not yet, my doctor adviced me to give him viralys in the mean time to encourage appetite until clinical signs resolve. It also says on the at home treatment plan that it is an autoimmune supportive medication. Then I will introduce wet food. She recommended tuna.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Follow your vet's advice!

Are your parents letting you keep him for now?

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Follow your vet's advice!

Are your parents letting you keep him for now?
Until he recovers, but I'm hoping we can keep him in the end. It would be so hard to grow a bond with him and then let him go..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it would. I hope you can keep him. In the meantime, I'm glad he is with you. We need to get him healthy and eating soon.

Your vet probably suggested tuna initially to get him eating. He will be needing moistened dry food and wet food real soon though, so be sure you get some.

How is he tonight? Any better?

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, it would. I hope you can keep him. In the meantime, I'm glad he is with you. We need to get him healthy and eating soon.

Your vet probably suggested tuna initially to get him eating. He will be needing moistened dry food and wet food real soon though, so be sure you get some.

How is he tonight? Any better?
He is sleeping right now. No signs of recovery yet. I gave him his antibiotic, his nasal drops, and his eye ointment. I have a problem. I was given a srynge the measures up to 1.0 ml and I'm supposed to give Anubis 0.65 ml of the autoimmune supportive medication gel. I don't know how much to give him when all I have is the srynge that only measures up to 1.0 ml

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It will be approximately 2/3's (two-thirds) of one mL, so eyeball it. It will be fine.

Did you say he's getting Nutrical as well?

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
It will be approximately 2/3's (two-thirds) of one mL, so eyeball it. It will be fine.

Did you say he's getting Nutrical as well?
I was mistaken. It was viralys, which is the autoimmune supportive system medication that comes in a gel. The doctor recommended I take him in the shower (but not in the shower) when we bathe because it will help. Right now I'm going in the shower and bringing him with me.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Go Anubis! What a lucky kitty! Great job! Looking forward to the updates! ((Hugs))

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Go Anubis! What a lucky kitty! Great job! Looking forward to the updates! ((Hugs))
Thank you!! And yes there will definitely be updates. Once (hopefully) he recovers I will also do a before and after photo collage to show you guys!! :)

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 should I still keep giving him pedialyte? My vet didn't tell me anything about it so I'm unsure and I don't want to wait until they open to call and ask because what if it's something very crucial that can't wait. Or should I start giving him water since he had his sub-q fluids? His skin snaps back a little faster now so I'm guessing that's a good sign.

Last edited: