Please Help

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is Pikey eating the Iams food on his own? If so, I'm not sure continuing to force feed him is necessary.

You have certainly gone above and beyond with your baby.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read through this thread, something unusual for me because I have so little advice to offer, and we have so many knowledgeable people.
I just wanted to say that I think it amazing how you have hung in there and taken care of Pikey so well. You are truly his angel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roby22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone! Pikey ate a good deal this morning of the IAMS kitten food, Not as much as pre-health problems, but I consider it substantial. I am probably still gonna force-feed Pikey until I talk to the vet tomorrow. She seemed to imply that that particular formula of cat food was important. I'm only force-feeding him half a can a day now of that and then force-feeding him turkey baby food at night when I get home from work and in addition, he eats the IAMS kitten food which was recommended by someone on this site (I'm sorry, but I forget who).
Johnny

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i can't believe he is eating so much! This is such GREAT news! Don't expect his bloodwork to be perfect though. And I would keep force feeding him until he is either eating like normal, or gained back most of his weight, hopefully you either have a scale to weigh him or the vets have been! If he is gaining weight then you are heading towards the clear!!!

I am so so happy for you!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for good news when you can post next. And, how are you doing yourself? Getting any sleep and food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roby22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I worked a double shift yesterday and couldn't post. The trip to the vet was not too good and she sort of scared me, but when she called me Friday with the new blood test results, everything came back within the normal range. Thursday, Pikey started eating pretty normally and when I spoke to the vet Friday, she said to stop force-feeding him. I am giving Pikey IAMS kitten food as he still won't touch his regular cat food which is IAMS dry for indoor cats.
Anyway, thanks to all for all the tips and support. We (Pikey and I) couldn't have made it through all this without all your help. This includes the people who were critical of me. I thank you all. I'll post more as Pikey hopefully progresses.
Johnny

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! congratulations Johnny!! Great job! This is wonderful news!
Please stick around - this is a great community for cat lovers!!
continued vibes for both of you

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news. Not many owners would go to the efforts you have to save their cat's life.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I was so happy to read this - and I really hope to see continued good updates about you and Pikey (and maybe a picture?). I hope now you both can relax and continue your journey to good health - and it sounds like this vet is a winner for you both.

People like you restore my faith in humankind. Thank you.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is some of the best news I have heard in a long time.

Johnny, you have done an amazing thing...Thank you for that, and for continuing to post and update us. This thread certainly is educational and quite motivational.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is fantastic news!! You did what you had to do and you saved your kitties life

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by roby22

Hi! I worked a double shift yesterday and couldn't post. The trip to the vet was not too good and she sort of scared me, but when she called me Friday with the new blood test results, everything came back within the normal range. Thursday, Pikey started eating pretty normally and when I spoke to the vet Friday, she said to stop force-feeding him. I am giving Pikey IAMS kitten food as he still won't touch his regular cat food which is IAMS dry for indoor cats.
Anyway, thanks to all for all the tips and support. We (Pikey and I) couldn't have made it through all this without all your help. This includes the people who were critical of me. I thank you all. I'll post more as Pikey hopefully progresses.
Johnny
this is so so great, it's actually making me cry a bit! Can you post a picture of him???