PLEASE HELP - Violent Twitching

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Any sensation can bring on an epileptic seizure in animals or humans with epilepsy. Sounds, lights, stress/excitement, smells (this is why perfumes are more dangerous than people realize), touch/sensation, etc. Lack of sleep, dietary triggers, and sometimes no identifiable trigger at all can cause them. Some of these are a little less common in cats, but not completely impossible.
Thank you. I'm much more in tune to epilepsy in humans but have never heard of the sound/light etc. triggers. Makes perfect sense.

aunty ehm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been quite a long time since the original poster posted the question. I was hoping to see the video but it's now been removed.  My 13 y/o foster cat was just started on prednisone for IBD (found during an ultrasound while trying to find the reason he has diabetes insipitus symptoms). He's only been on it 3 days now, and when I play this bubble popper game on my laptop, or make kissing smacking sounds, he'll twitch strongly, only in response to those noises. It's quite odd.  His blood work was done recently and like the original poster is normal. Blood glucose is normal. Blood pressure is normal. Thyroid is normal. Has a history of bladder stones with the need to remove the penis and reattach the urethra to his bowels. But, no UTI's or crystal since that time (he was put on a urinary tract health diet). But, he lost significant weight over several years, and now (even though he's a BIG boned boy and has a significantly large skeletal frame structure), he weighs only 8.6lbs.  He's significantly underweight. I've tried EVERYTHING to get weight on him - all kinds of food.  He drinks copious amounts of water, urinates copious amounts, has dilute urine when tested at the vet's office, and stays dehydrated. (kidney function tests are normal).  No vomiting on a regular basis, only slightly sporadically. I'm a nurse practitioner, so I have medical knowledge many would not, but I simply cannot figure this out.  Am simply posting just to add to the body of knowledge (or rather questions) out there in hopes that someone someday in Vet research can look into these things.