Please Help. Persian kitten has problem in New home ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 He is eating half a can every time and still use litter box. but his feet is swelling and he sleeps all day long.
You can always try massage, both over the whole body and on these poor feets. Use a teethbrush, it feels almost as mommas tongue.

And pray. How much prays helps for real, may be discussed. But if nothing else, it helps YOU to endure....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m not surprised he is sleeping all day. The pain killer is making him sleepy. That is the effect of the opioid. That is why I suggested pulling back to every 12 hours with the pain killer.

It’s good he is eating. Perhaps the antibiotic will help.

I think you will need to take things day by day for now. This illness is very puzzling with the swollen feet. My other thought is to seek a second opinion from another vet to see what they might think.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sometimes it takes about 3 days for an illness to respond to meds and turn the corner for better. Let’s hope and pray your kitten begins to improve soon. We are with you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bobak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Guys thank you so much for your support. I see the signs of improvement. This morning he was awake, he started to walk around and ask for food. He also started to drink 3 times from his water bowl and he went directly to his litter.
I gave him his morning dose of antibiotic and he is now sleeping in my couch and purring beside me. His feet is still swelling but he place it a bit on the ground when he wants to eat or drink.
I am happy that he is drinking by his own now.
His feet is still inflated but I will keep u uptodate.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its not uncommon seemingly healthy kittens / cats get a sleeping infection burst open when they come to their new home. Its the stress of changing milieu, etc, which pulls off the trigger.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bobak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2
Dear Sarthur, I just came back from another vet clinic, His feet was ok but his constipation remained. I brought him to a professional vet and they diagnosed him with colon blockage debases. They told me that he will die soon and there is a operation but success rate is very low. The vet suggested a euthanasia .
So we had to let him go. our cute kitten is passed away today and we are feeling terrible.
Thank you for all your supports as love. You are really nice people. Do what you are doing and help these little creatures. Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I can not stop my emotions while I write this. You are really a great person. Thank you for all what you have done.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am so sorry that it came to this, but your beautiful kitten knew all the love and care in his short time with you. You truly did absolutely everything possible for him, and by letting him go he is now pain-free and in peace. RIP, sweet boy! :angel::redheartpump:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry B bobak

Saffron was a beautiful kitten, it's very sad that he was taken from you so soon. We always lock the threads when a cat or kitten passes away as a sign of respect.

When you feel ready it might help you to start a thread in Saffron's memory in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in peace little one, You were loved and you will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.