Please Help, Need Advice/consolation...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words. Losing Tank was by far the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Lauren...my heart goes out to you. Losing one was so devastating. I admire your strength more than I could ever say. Jenny, I pray so hard that your baby does not have FIP. It does seem so cruel. I would like to offer you some consolation to your fears of your others getting sick, though (IF she does have FIP)...Tank had a sister, same litter, that we adopted at the same time. They were extremely affectionate all the time, always slept together, played together, best friends. She never fell ill. I have put hours of research in on FIP, and found myself more frustrated than ever the more I read. The only thing all the research seems to agree upon is that it's fatal and they don't know what exactly causes it. Anything else is seldom agreed upon. My heart aches for all that have been touched by this awful disease. It is so poorly understood, and that only adds to the confusion.
Please do let us know what happens tomorrow, Jenny. If it does come to be that you must say goodbye, please try to do so knowing that you are giving the greatest gift of love if your baby is that sick. It hurts so bad, but it's selfish to consider keeping her alive just for your own sake. I pray that it is something else that is being confused for FIP and that she heals. How long has she been sick? What are her symptoms? What has the vet ruled out already? Please do keep in mind that FIP mimicks many many other diseases, and so there is hope that it could be something less harmful. Please know my thoughts are with you during this scary and confusing time. If you ever need someone to chat with, I am here. You are always welcome to drop me a line.
That goes for you, as well, Lauren. I'm here for you every step of the way. I hope that you were still able to find joy in your holidays in light of this gray time for you. Bless you and keep strong!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read this thread and although I didn't offer support for you when it was first written, I just want you to know that Tank is a happy baby up at the RB.
I know how hard it is to loose a kitty.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jenny! Not Persil! Please keep us updated, if not here, then in a separate thread. I've been a Persil fan since I first started following the "premature kitten" thread, and you were posting over there. Both you and Persil are in my thoughts tonight.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your thoughts. I am posting regularly on her progress in H&N forum, under 'parasites' because that is what we first thought it was. She will go for blood testing and X rays on Wed, though I also have been reading up on FIP and it does seem very confusing. On Saturday she was so sick and listless that I really convinced myself that no matter what she had I must let her go, but this morning she is much better, though still not eating. She even played a minute with Ellie. So I am putting all my hopes and prayers on good results on Wed, and meanwhile keeping her strength up with lots of milk, egg and soup by syringe.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bossinova, I was so new here when you were going through this. I am sorry for never posting here before. I am also sorry for the loss and the pain and sadness you faced. While this was going on. we were nearing the end of Rage's 'pregnancy' so I had blinders on. I remember always seeing your siggy with Tank's name in it, and I've alwas felt bad for your loss, you obviously loved him a lot.
Thankyou for all the help you have been for me when my Myth was missing. You alone made a HUGE difference in my outlook. Reading about your Girl. Thankyou.

jennyranson, I hope your baby is okay, but if it does turn out to be this, we will all be here for you while it is happening. At least this time I'm not expecting kittens
Good luck.