TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And this after that.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The second pic looks like normal urine, so maybe he's getting better. If he has crystals, he needs a lot of water, so feed him wet food. Take him into the vet tomorrow anyway. They can test for crystals. He also needs some pain meds. He's in a lot of pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, vet said she would be at work after noon, so Im still waiting. We have a big cattle herd so I am away from home now cause I have daily chores in the farm, and I am worried so much. Hope he gets better soon.
What do you think about the thinning stools?

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And right after the second pic came this:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We really can't give you any more advice than take him to the vet as soon as you can.

Blood in the urine is a bad sign, UTI's can be fatal and they are always very painful. He needs proper medical care and painkillers.

Just take him to the vet and show the pictures to them. They will be able to tell you what might be causing the loose stools too.

Good luck, I hope he'll be OK.

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will take him at noon but she didnt even perform any urinalysis or something alike, so i am afraid of being missing something, this is why i am asking here.
The big hospital we have is too far from me but if that continues, I will definitely carry him there. I have nobody to come with me wish me luck please. Thank you all so very much...

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor baby! He must be in so much pain. I reiterate what everyone else says: he needs medical attention right now. You said there's two vets in the area. Have you tried calling the other one? I honestly think you need to take him in as soon as possible. Or please take him to the big hospital you mentioned, even if it's far away. It is an emergency situation. As others have pointed out, you might lose your cat if you do not take him in to get treatment.

I know it can be scary and difficult to go alone, and it must be so scary to see him in pain and peeing blood like this, but we will definitely wish you luck and keep checking on you two while you're at the hospital! I hope he gets to the vet and feels better soon!

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope so, in about 3 hours time I will be going, thank you all so much. Hope to be here with great news.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Make sure that the vet does a full exam and takes blood work and a urine sample. The vet can take urine directly from the the bladder through a procedure called cystocensis. Insist on having those done if needed. Some vets just give a cats a look and give a diagnosis based on that :rolleyes:

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! I am back from the vet, she didnt take any urine sample again, attempted to but didnt. My son peed a little bit on the counter when having subcutaneous fluid and the vet saw it first hand. She injected another antibiotic combo and told me to come back again tomorrow for another shot.
My precious kitty is sleeping right now, havent eaten anything, by the way, the doc said I should stick with the struvite management dry food instead of canned ones at the moment.
I said I was making a soup for him to drink some extra, but she insisted on avoiding it.
Your comments are so precious, thank you so much and please wish us luck..
Love you all.. :)

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What was the vet's diagnosis? If she injected antibiotics she must suspect an infection; did she mention an infection?

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She didnt have a proper diagnosis, in our country they just look and tell and we have no better option. I hate that but thats it. She said it could be cystitis caused by stress, I had to be away from home during daytime for about a week, because we keep a large sheep herd and I had to say there like a caretaker and it was the first time that my son stayed alone in the house.
He urinated just once since we came from the vet. Any other ideas for me to try?

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...Any other ideas for me to try?
Yes! Try another vet or else you may lose him soon! What country is this? It sure sounds like your cat has a urinary blockage and that time may be running out. You need a diagnosis from a competent veterinarian and he needs to be treated without delay.

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! I have an update. We finally have clear urine with no blood in it and I will stick with a prescription diet for urinary tract issues, can you recommend me any good ones please?
Thank you all so very much..

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Did your vet suggest a prescription diet for him? If your vet recommended a specific one it would be better to stick with that. If the vet thinks his problems can be cured with a diet change you need to feed him the diet they recommend. If that works and he doesn't have anymore bladder issues, great! If not, the vet will have to try something else. But they won't know if a prescription diet was what he needed if you don't feed him that one for at least a few weeks and monitor any changes.