Please Help, My Son Is Peeing Blood

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I would like to get some help because my un-neutered 3 year old male cat has been peeing blood since the last two days. I took him straight to the vet as soon as I discovered blood and she gave him some antibiotic shots and sent us home.
But he didnt get better, and just a while ago he peed something brownish and has something like a pus in it. I can take pictures if you dont get irritated here. I am incerdibly concerned and alert, what can I do till the morning?
He also seems disturbed and is meowing constantly. Can you please help us? Thank you all..

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Urinary Tract Infection.
Interstitial Cystitis.
These could be two problems he might have. Of course he may or may not have have this. I would take him to the vet again. I hope he gets better very soon and also someone else with better answers will answer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, He tries to pee at every second possible. I hope he will be well..

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It sounds like he needs to see a vet now. I know how hard it is to take them back right away but something is very wrong and he may need more then just an antibiotic at this point. I would ask for a different vet and/or go to a cat friendly practice.

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He needs to go back to the vet asap. Emergency vet even. I don't know if I would want to wait until morning.
I have no other option than to wait. I am so sorry and
It sounds like he needs to see a vet now. I know how hard it is to take them back right away but something is very wrong and he may need more then just an antibiotic at this point. I would ask for a different vet and/or go to a cat friendly practice.
I wish I could but I cant, I'm so sorry. What should I want from the vet in the morning? What could cause this? This is so sudden, everything was extremely fine and this happened.

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why can’t you bring him to the vet? I am sorry to say this, but his life could be in danger.

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the last urine he made.

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its almost midnight here and there are only two vets here in thia area abd both are closed now. He is now sleeping, is this a good sign?

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG that looks terrible! Bring him in the morning then if they are closed now.

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Watch for any signs of lethargy. Does he have an appetite?

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I called the big hospital in our city, the doc was busy, I will call her back and ask if there is anything I can do now. What could it be? Have you ever heard of something like this before?
He is eating not lethargic, I bought him some new food called struvite management.

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is he having trouble urinating...or does he need to urinate often?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please get your son to a vet ASAP. Is he peeing at all? If he is not able to pee you may be dealing with a blockage. This is not something that can wait for treatment. I almost lost my Sonny due to a UTI that caused a partial blockage in less than 24 hours. My baby was peeing small amounts, crying from pain in the litter box, leaving spots of blood on my floor. He was also lethargic and would not eat. He had to be hospitalized for three days and have a catheter to get rid of the blockage. His kidneys almost shut down. He did make a full recovery after treatment. He was not having any pee accidents at all which is usually the first sign of a UTI. I am not trying to scare you but I am sharing my experience to help you understand what you could be dealing with. I am not a vet and am only sharing my experience. My vet did not treat this issue correctly. A 2nd opinion and hospitalization saved my cat’s life.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Special urinary food won't help the issue right now. It's only for maintenance after the current issue has been addressed and properly treated.

The after hours voice mail message for your vet will tell you who to call for emergencies. Call that number and speak with whoever answers the phone. Make it clear that your cat is peeing blood and needs to be seen ASAP.

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I talked to the doctor and she said it could be due to struvite crystals. He tries to urinate so often, sometimes the urine comes out in bigger amounts and some blood at the end, sometimes he just droppes tiny spots here and there. Doesnt crt while urinating. What kind of food should I buy for him today?

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mean tiny spot of bright red bloody urine.

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also his stools got thinner after parasitic vaccination. Is this a concern?

gulbeseker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a moment ago, he made this. Can it be blockage? The vet says the bladder feels empty whenever she checks.