Please HELP! My kitten has a strange skin problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dpkml

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi all. Sorry for the long absence. Laptop hard disk issues.
I got good news. Shadow is getting more muscular(doesnt look that lean anymore). He'll look great in a month,I hope.  

And his fur-shedding has reduced considerably.
Best part is that his legs and paws are fully covered with fur :D
The neck region and top of the head , which were bald from a very long time have a stubble of tiny greyish hair(I think thats the undercoat) coming up. 
The base of the tail is still a bit bald , but I am sure that it will soon be okay.
He is not a fussy eater at all and eats his food in a jiffy.

All of you helped me in making him a healthy and happy kitten. Owe it to your helpful advice and concern. 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi all. Sorry for the long absence. Laptop hard disk issues.

I got good news. Shadow is getting more muscular(doesnt look that lean anymore). He'll look great in a month,I hope.  :blobgreen

And his fur-shedding has reduced considerably.

Best part is that his legs and paws are fully covered with fur :D

The neck region and top of the head , which were bald from a very long time have a stubble of tiny greyish hair(I think thats the undercoat) coming up. 

The base of the tail is still a bit bald , but I am sure that it will soon be okay.

He is not a fussy eater at all and eats his food in a jiffy.:clap:

All of you helped me in making him a healthy and happy kitten. Owe it to your helpful advice and concern. :dance:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::woohoo:

dpkml

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey. I fed him a wet food for sometime and am slowly shifting him back to a balanced raw diet. 
I worked out all the ingredients and found a meat shop where the guy was really nice and he arranged lots of hygienic meat and most the parts that I wanted.

Besides, I was so silly that I didnt read the label of a diet supplement for cats called "Nutri-coat" that I had bought months ago,just because they had not mentioned any Omega-3 or 6 fatty acid on its nutritional composition. It just had Lenoic acid and Lenolenic acid and other stuff. 
But when I googled their chemical names , I found out that 

Lenoic acid=Omega 3
Lenolenic acid= Omega 6    

Anyways, I have been giving him this supplement mixed with food and it is making a big difference

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey. I fed him a wet food for sometime and am slowly shifting him back to a balanced raw diet. 

I worked out all the ingredients and found a meat shop where the guy was really nice and he arranged lots of hygienic meat and most the parts that I wanted.:jump:

Besides, I was so silly that I didnt read the label of a diet supplement for cats called "Nutri-coat" that I had bought months ago,just because they had not mentioned any Omega-3 or 6 fatty acid on its nutritional composition. It just had Lenoic acid and Lenolenic acid and other stuff. 

But when I googled their chemical names , I found out that 

Lenoic acid=Omega 3

Lenolenic acid= Omega 6    :doh3:

Anyways, I have been giving him this supplement mixed with food and it is making a big difference

GREAT job Deep!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
So great to hear!! :bigthumb: I hope to see you at the raw forum... Let us know if there is anything we can help with your diet - keep up the good work! :clap::clap::clap:

dpkml

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all.
Its been 3 weeks since I asked for your help. I followed your advice and I was able to help my kitten. He is still recovering but there is an enormous change in his health .
I will post more pics as soon as he gets healthier. These are his today's pics.
As you can see, all of his hair are back and I have come to know that he is a "MELANISTIC BENGAL CAT"(not very common,i think). His spots are becoming visible day by day and he is happier than ever.
Thank you all. and God bless you.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:thud:
:woohoo: Holly Molly Deep! That's not even the same cat!
Omg! That's the most impressive change I have ever seen! Beautiful, beautiful! Congratulations!

Last edited:

ilovemia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful!!!!! Such a change in him. you have done great!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:thud:
:woohoo: Holly Molly Deep! That's not even the same cat!
Omg! That's the most impressive change I have ever seen! Beautiful, beautiful! Congratulations!
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: Deep - he is GORGEOUS! Oh I can't get over it! :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :woohoo:

WHAT a wonderful job you've done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dpkml

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
M glad you like it  
. Its such a happy feeling
. But I owe it all to you.

I got caught up with relocating,so I couldn't  come here as often, but I had noted down whatever you had advised in this thread. And that did the job pretty well.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Deep, what have you been feeding him? This is truly remarkable! :thud:
I just can't get over it - can't stop going back and forth the first pictures and these latest ones..... Amazing! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

dpkml

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Deep, what have you been feeding him? This is truly remarkable!

I just can't get over it - can't stop going back and forth the first pictures and these latest ones..... Amazing!
haha. thanks.
I have been feeding him chicken and mutton. I found a REALLY clean meat-shop in a mall, where they give me everything I want(all the organs and stuff). Ever Sunday,I make small portions using the muscle:eek:rgan:bone ratio that you had suggested(only after briefly immersing it in boiling water). Then I wrap each portion in aluminium foil,so its easy to defrost/thaw it in a bowl of water.
Then there is egg two times a week, and a little yogurt at times.
A coconut oil massage on alternate days.
I had an omega-3 & 6 supplement(which had fish oil).
Also, a small dose of liver supplement and vitamins on a regular basis.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha. thanks.

I have been feeding him chicken and mutton. I found a REALLY clean meat-shop in a mall, where they give me everything I want(all the organs and stuff). Ever Sunday,I make small portions using the muscle:eek:rgan:bone ratio that you had suggested(only after briefly immersing it in boiling water). Then I wrap each portion in aluminium foil,so its easy to defrost/thaw it in a bowl of water.

Then there is egg two times a week, and a little yogurt at times.

A coconut oil massage on alternate days.

I had an omega-3 & 6 supplement(which had fish oil).

Also, a small dose of liver supplement and vitamins on a regular basis.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:woohoo:
I am SO glad you found a source of meat you can trust Deep!
:wow: :wow: :wow:
Unreal what a good raw diet can do!!!! Just unreal!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
The yoghurt, you should give everyday - it will help keeping his gut flora healthy - it is very good for him :nod:

How much bone are you feeding him exactly - how are you figuring the bone % out?
Have you gotten a scale so you can weigh the meat and liver? He can't have too much liver - it should only be 5% of his diet. It can be 10% if he doesn't eat the other organ.... What other organ are you feeding?
Do you want to open a thread in the raw forum to work on your diet?
Do it, do it!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

dpkml

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I am SO glad you found a source of meat you can trust Deep!

Unreal what a good raw diet can do!!!! Just unreal!!!!!

The yoghurt, you should give everyday - it will help keeping his gut flora healthy - it is very good for him

How much bone are you feeding him exactly - how are you figuring the bone % out?
Have you gotten a scale so you can weigh the meat and liver? He can't have too much liver - it should only be 5% of his diet. It can be 10% if he doesn't eat the other organ.... What other organ are you feeding?
Do you want to open a thread in the raw forum to work on your diet?
Do it, do it!!
Ok.. then I'll give him yogurt daily.
I dont have the weighing scale. But I buy 1 kg  of meat everytime. 
I tell the guy to put in 800 gms of muscle(400 chicken and 400 mutton) meat,100 gms of neck and soft parts of wings,50 gms of liver and 50 gms of heart/pancreas. 
Then I come home and divide it in small portions wrapped in aluminium foil. 
I am now settled in the new place. Will start a thread in the raw forum today :)