Please help me decide

millcats66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your Milo. We just recently had to make the same decision for one of our own. As sad as it may seem take heart to know, their existence in our lives are not one of quantity (though we prefer long relationships) but of quality. Milo appears to have lived a quality life because of you and I am sure he has left you with some outstanding memories. Decisions like these are very hard to make and when we do find ourselves making them they seem to become a point of self suffering for us. There is nothing wrong with that. We loved them dearly and letting them go is oh so hard. I have found that these following words help me through the tough times of mourning:

When it comes to our cherished companions, we live to love them, to cherish them and to ensure they live an exceptional life no matter how short or long that may be, but more importantly, we must do what's right by them as we are their advocates in this life they live. That's what love looks like through the eyes of your companion, pure, unadulterated love and companionship, and being with them when they make that final journey so they don't leave alone and scared. We may suffer once they're gone, but we know we did all we could for them while they were here.

RIP Milo. May your excellent journey continue on in the next life.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
millcats66 millcats66
Your words are so true. I had to PTS my Kiki just 2 days ago. Quality of life required me to let her go for love's sake.
M milosmamma This is such a hard decision to make, and I understand the pain you feel. Please remember the good times and the love you shared.