PLEASE HELP I NEED SOME ADVICE

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. Kittens can continue to nurse for a long while, as long as mom will allow. She should be eating almost entirely kitten food by now though. Mom should also be spayed at this point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We scheduled an appointment last week for thursday of next week, it was the only available spot for a while so i think i got lucky. Her top two nipples closest to her arm pits are raw so thats why i asked if she should be off, she has finally realized what the litter box was

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can put some olive oil on her nipples to help soothe them. Baby's teeth are probably irritating.

Are you also taking the baby in for shots?

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will be soon, i have to find out pricing then get the money, will she be okay for a week or two?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should do her first shots as soon as possible. A week or two should be ok.

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is she normally supposed to bite and chew on her mother... she seems to love biting her ears and tail, and when my brothers male cats over, which is like every other day, he seems to hover over her (hes the father) and earlier i saw him try to pick her up... idk what to do or say about that...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do not let the male cat mess with the kitten in any way! Is he fixed?

Babies will chew on their mamas. She'll let him know if she's not happy about it!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! Do not let the male cat come visit right now! Did he get neutered?

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is fixed, hes been fixed for like 5 or 6 weeks, he has been really good with her until then, he doesnt try to hurt her or act agressive towards he, he just does a lot of watching and following