PLEASE HELP I NEED SOME ADVICE

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can use water but KMR tastes a bit like mom's milk and with help with the transition.  It also has more nutrients.  Goats milk will work as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Time to get some kmr in the morning, im gonna try her on it and if she doesnt take to it ill wait til next week

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I made two different batches,i made one with kmr and one with water and a little kmr, she took a few little bites of the one with more kmr, but took a lot more of the one with more water, i think im gonna try the one with the water tomorrow and see if she will eat more

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there anything i can do for fleas when it becomes that kind of year.... my dog always brings them into the house and we always have to bathe the cats and dogs and spray down the house, with the kitten, is there anything i can use on her that wony hurt her

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wont not wony

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, there is something. In fact you need to use something on all of your animals in advance of flea season so that everyone suffers less! Advantage II is great. It comes in a tube and is dosed for different sized cats and dogs. You put it in the scruff of the neck once a month to repel fleas. Your vet should sell it, and it can also be ordered online through Amazon at reduced prices. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I buy them flea collars and i usually try something my local pet store has because my vets prices are outrageous. But what about the kitten, is that safe for her aswell?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Flea collars are not safe for kittens. Pet store products - especially Hartz and Sergeant's - can burn the skin. I would suggest ordering some Advantage online where it's cheaper.

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Id the advantage safe for the kitten at a young age... or do i have to wait until shes a certain age

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As I said, Advantage for kittens is for 2-5 pounds. Two pounds is usually achieved at about 8 weeks old. It's a very small dose. Or, you can put 2-3 drops from an adult tube on her neck. Look it up online and you can see/read about Advantage! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive been noticing that she has been eating less of the mushy food and more of the hard, should I take her away from it or should i let her just keep eating, i can break the hard food with my finger so its not really too hard

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let her eat whatever she will eat. She may be ready to eat wet food that is not mushy. Try giving her some wet food that is not mixed with anything. She may like it better. Let us know! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It might to be time for some new pillows and for me to litter box train the kitten, ive just watched squat and start peeing on my pillow, luckily i got her off before she finished and got her to the litter box, is 5 weeks too young for litter box training? But now i have to either was that pillow or buy a new one... how do you train a kitten to use the litter box, ive never had to do it. I'm only home a little during the day im at school for 8+ hours and get 0 help taking care of her

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Five weeks is a good time to litter train. You put her in the litter box, and take a little paw and show her how to "dig". If she poops outside the box, put it in the box so she can smell it. You need a kitten-sized box with non-clumping litter while she's little. Disposable aluminum pans work well. Put her in the litter pan frequently. She'll catch on quickly! They learn well between 6-8 weeks. Let us know how it goes! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I already have 3 litter boxes, ones disposable and the other two have very short walls at both ends, something she can climb in and out of with no problem. But how would i know when to put her in there, should i just randomly pick times after she eats? And i havent seen her go poop yet, ill be on the look out for it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, just put her in often, in particular before and after meals, when you get up, when you get home, etc. She may jump out, or she may "play" in the litter, but eventually she'll learn to use it. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, thanks all shes done is jump out so im thinking she didn't need to go

thomase

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kitten should be completely off mommas mill by 8 weeks right?