Please help!! Finding dried up worms in MY BED

Ceel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so my 2 ½ month old kitten has worms. We have been to the vet twice and have completed 2 rounds of the dewormer.
She sometimes sleeps in my bed, and today I found a dried up roundworm in my bed. There is no sign of any throw up anywhere, how does this happen?
Anyway, I proceeded to remove and wash all my sheets, blankets, and pillowcases. Upon doing so, I found what appeared to be more worms(photo attached.) At first I thought it was dried up cheese but we do not eat in the bed. Please help, is there anything specific I need to do to disinfect? Could there be eggs in my bed??
Also I'm sorry if this in in the wrong section, it seemed to be what fit best.
20210713_141043.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't tell how long they are in that pic, but those kind of looks like tapeworm segments. Do you see anything that looks like little rice grains around the kitty's butt? De-wormers that are commonly given for roundworms usually don't kill tapeworms, so you should ask the vet for one that covers tapeworms specifically.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't tell how long they are in that pic, but those kind of looks like tapeworm segments. Do you see anything that looks like little rice grains around the kitty's butt? De-wormers that are commonly given for roundworms usually don't kill tapeworms, so you should ask the vet for one that covers tapeworms specifically.
They are longer than what I've seen tapeworm segments to be. These were about an inch long. When I looked up different types it kind of seemed similar to hookworms. I could be wrong. Would the vet really only give a dewormer for one type of worm?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If the pic is in perspective, they look too long to be tapeworms. If the vet used something like Drontal Broad Spectrum it would kill roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms. If it was not broad spectrum, it won't take care of the tapeworms as was stated. Ask the vet what he used and show/tell him what you are seeing. Since you had an appointment, maybe he would accept an email with the photo