Please Help A Heartbroken Mom

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay this is what you need to do!
1) Call the SPCA and explain to them the entire situation. If they do not take action ASAP call the police.
2) I KNOW there is some organization in place to protect the rights of disabled people to make sure they're not threatned or pushed into do things. I have no idea what that organization would be called, but perhaps talk to your case manager/advocate to find out? The leasing manager could get into a LOT of trouble for unfair actions. She cannot say "oh well if you give my friend the cat then we won't charge you a pet deposit, if you don't give her back you have to pay money we know you don't have or get kicked out." That is not legal!
3) Make a file of all the pictures, vet records, even food receipts if you have them. Anything that shows you cared for this cat for the last 6 months.

Good luck!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good to see that you've pictures proving the abusive CS!

Hope to see you and Ms Kit together again. =)

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job getting those pictures.. that's so terrible!
I'd definitely report her.

I hope you get your Ms Kit back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been so depressed and sad. It's hard to do anything at all! I also, just before all of this happened, had taken in a woman who was homeless....and well, she's not sticking to her promises, (agreements we made prior to her moving in) and it's affecting me big-time!

Anyway, the Catsnatcher came by yesterday....she wanted to borrow something from me, and when I asked to visit MsKit, she said no! WHAT TOTAL GALL!

I'm trying to be nice so that I can see MsKit, but it's hard!!!!

I'm also exhausted! BabyGirl requires round the clock feeding and she only eats 1-2 tbsp at a time! She won't lap it up from a lid or eat softened kitty food. Pnut is starting to nurture her more & more, but I don't know how much playing is too much....she nips and taps at her. BabyGirl will cry out once in a while,but I am right here and I've never heard cry out in any pain or distress. She does, however, do her best to give it right back! You should see this tiny baby flailing her paws and bunny legs back at this giant kitty cat!!! I can't imagine CS nurturing this baby! I've seen them together and she thinks nothing of hitting her on the paws or nose if she grabs on with her little paws or baby teeth too hard! I try to keep her safe and out of sight when this woman is around!

I HAVE to help MsKit quickly!
Thank you all so much for your support...I desperately need it! I was reading some of my first posts here and am so amazed at how far MsKit has come!

rickyd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
from what i can make out this poor kitty was in a bad state when she turned up at your door,i take it you took her to the vet,i would ask the vet to write a letter stating the condition the cat was in on her first visit,whatever happend to possession is nine tenths of the law? Its a pity you didn't get her micro chipped when you got her but as you say you never saw it coming.

I take it this woman lives near you,if so if she lost the cat many months ago why didn't she advertise her as missing if she loved the kitty that much she would have done,as for you getting evicted well that's just stupid as she doesn't have any proof the cat is hers either.

good luck hope you get her back and in a better condition than before

Ps this woman doesn't deserve to keep animals if she ill treats them

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by scarecrow2007

Anyway, the Catsnatcher came by yesterday....she wanted to borrow something from me, and when I asked to visit MsKit, she said no! WHAT TOTAL GALL!

I'm trying to be nice so that I can see MsKit, but it's hard!!!!

I've seen them together and she thinks nothing of hitting her on the paws or nose if she grabs on with her little paws or baby teeth too hard! I try to keep her safe and out of sight when this woman is around![/color][/size][/font]
i'm really confused. why is this woman coming to your apartment and why is she anywhere near the kitten?

i realise it's a difficult situation but you need to get your cat away from her now. i would make up any excuse and then just pick her up and go. if she's prepared to hit her with a fly swat infront of you then goodness only knows what goes on behind closed doors.

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any updates on the situation??

I'm just waiting and hoping to hear that you have her and all is well!!!

Praying for you!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm looking forward to an update, too. Hopefully a positive one.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please, do NOT allow this woman into your home anymore! I understand wanting to play nice with her until you can get Ms.Kit back but you have to draw the line somewhere. If she wants to borrow something she can wait outside your LOCKED door for you to get it.

cat_lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i'm saying this while cuddleing my cat: don't let her be taken away. i love my oreo and i would stand up,lie, and strait up die for my cat. shes my bestfriend/dauther!
. NOTHING IN THIS UNIVERSE CAN TEAR US APART!

good vibes

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

Do you have any updates for us yet??

Hi all, first of all I want to apologize for taking so long to post. Your messages meant so much when I was finally able to see them!

So much has happened and I've been unable to post…I became very ill…my illness worsened which it does from time to time. Which then necessitates adjustments in my life to deal with the changes. I went through a severe depression and at the same time had to deal with all of life's problems, issues and situations. "Opportunities for growth!"

Then for a while I didn't have internet….I also couldn't get on to the site for a while. I finally figured it out with the help of another mom who helped me get to the bottom of the problem. Thank you so much!

My little family has grown. Peanut is getting bigger and is the sweetest girl. She helped nurture Tippy primarily by taking over the bum licking job, thus relieving me of that chore.
P'nut moved in with me when she was a few months old. Totally her choice…she was feral and has adapted superbly! Her sister is out there and is totally feral. She had kittens and when I feed them, she hisses, spits and tries to scratch and bite me, even while I'm trying to put the food out!

Then Tippy, who was given to me by the catsnatcher, was about 3 weeks old when I got her. About a month after Tippy, I found a little bundle of fur on my doorstep who was Lilbit who turned out to be 1-2 weeks old. Eyes barely open, kinda just scootin around. Then a few weeks ago Catsnatcher once again visited me with a little boy. He seems to be just a little older than Tippy, and was terrified of me. He pretty much stayed hidden until he saw the girls getting all this lovin and sugar, so he decided to check it out. Well, the young lad was STARVED for affection! He can't get enough! He is just the sweetest little guy I've ever seen. Whenever the CS comes by, he hides under my bed until well after she is gone. She decided at one point she wanted him back, but I put a quick HALT to that! She'll never, ever get a cat from me! I still kick myself for giving up my MsKit so easily! I should have stood my ground and refused to give her up! I was so intimidated by the complex management and the police who had no business getting involved in this! I know better now!

Which brings us back to Ms Kit. I was never able to get any help to get her back. My only hope is if she ever gets out and runs away again. She is back to her old behavior of biting and scratching again. It breaks my heart and there isn't anything I can do about it! I can't stand to see her…it hurts my heart all over again every time I do. I think she remembers me. I can't get there too often..I have trouble walking that far.

My babies are so loving! They all sleep attached to me. Tippy thinks she is MY baby and she & Lilbit both think I'm their personal pacifier. I've never seen anything like it! My boy's temporary name is "Bubba". I need help naming him!

I'm so glad to be back. So many times a question would come up and I'd want so bad to ask here! Like why doesn't Lilbit show any interest in food? She's at least 8 weeks old. She has no desire to eat whatsoever. She's healthy, growing, curious, playful. Just won't eat food!! Tippy is on the slender side. I don't know if her leanness and lankiness is normal or not.

For the last day & a half, Tippy has not been feeling well. No fever but extremely lethargic. I have to place her in the litterbox…she won't walk over to it. She just stays curled up in my arms or right beside me on the bed. She has no appetite…she actually looks gaunt. She may have lost weight, even. I try to give her fluids, but she fights it and barely takes sips. When Lilbit came, Tippy began to want to nurse on the bottle again, so I've taken advantage of that and try to give her fluids through the bottle.

I have no money for the vet, right now, but I'm so worried about her. I also now have 3 fertile females and a male! When does he start to procreate? It took forever to save enough to get Ms Kitty fixed! Now I have 4….

I thank you all so much for your concern, help, advice, support, and just being here for me. It meant so much to me!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
if you can't afford to neuter them all at once, i'd do the girls first. they can start heats as early as 4 months, altho that's a bit unusual. my last one had her 1st heat # about 5 months.
the only drawback to waiting for the boy is that he may start spraying [
]... but he can stay fertile for up to 2 months after the neuter, so that's why i suggested girls first.
check out this site to find a low-cost spay/neuter clinic in your area: spayusa
that's where i took my last one & she did just fine.
be aware [you probably are] that once they reach sexual maturity, they'll be interested in going out, so you'll have to be vigilant if they're not done ahead of that time... not to mention, you'll end up w/kittens if either the boy or the girls aren't fixed by then.
glad to hear you can get back here - we've missed you! sorry about MsKit, but maybe she'll make it back to you someday.

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG...Peanut is already fertile..she's run out a few times while in heat. I'm surprised she isn't pregnant. Her sister is feral and already has a litter. Tippy is next..she approx 9 weeks old; give or take.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know. I'm kittened out for now. God seems to bring them to me...I certainly didn't go get them! I love them all dearly, but it's a lot of work and I can't even financially handle the ones I have!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by scarecrow2007

OMG...Peanut is already fertile..she's run out a few times while in heat. I'm surprised she isn't pregnant. Her sister is feral and already has a litter. Tippy is next..she approx 9 weeks old; give or take.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know. I'm kittened out for now. God seems to bring them to me...I certainly didn't go get them! I love them all dearly, but it's a lot of work and I can't even financially handle the ones I have!
There are places that can help. I would look into the Feral coalition in your area. Sometimes there are vets that will give you a cheap price or rescue groups sometimes give vouchers to use.