Please Help A Heartbroken Mom

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, depending on where you live. If you have a stray cat living at your house for 5 business days here, legally they are yours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/sleepyscarecrow/040108080-1

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48
/sleepyscarecrow/SCREENSAVER-01jpg-04-1.jpg

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure that I fully understand. Does she actually have the cat? You said that she was zipped into a carrier, then said that the leasing office told you to turn her over to the woman today or be evicted in 5 days.

If she doesn't have the cat, she needs to provide the proof that this is actually her cat. There are a lot of white cats in the world, and who is to say that this one is hers?

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did she know that you had what she SAYS is her cat?
If she truly cared for the cat she'd have gone looking for it long ago, not wait for 6 months.

As others have said, if she had no proof...like Vet records or pictures I'd have slammed the door in her face.
Again as others have said, how can the Apartment complex threaten to evict you on this persons word alone...again, where is her proof?

God help anyone who comes along and tells me that Elliott is their white cat.
I have all his Vet records and where it says owner on his neuter papers my name is there.
Since you had her spayed don't you have a paper saying that she's been spayed and listing you as the owner?
The way I see it, if you have paper work from a Vet and she doesn't the cat is yours and I'd get the cops and go to her house and get my cat back.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats are gorgeous.
I think this woman saw her in a window and wanted her.
If she had been missing a cat would she not have made posters in the complex? Would she not have gone to door to door?
Call the cops and get the cat back...period.
She has admitted to abusing the cat and obviously the cat was in no hurry to get back to her if that is the case.
Something very fishy about it.
Please don't let her bully you into giving up your cat.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The others are right that it is a civil matter and that unless there are court orders from a judge ordering you to relinquish the cat, then the cops aren't going to make you give up the cat - there's been no authority assigned to anyone.
But, I do know how overwhelmed that you must have felt, dealing with the leasing agency and then being threatened with the police
Perhaps your state has a housing agency that could give you some advice!! And small claims court would be another good option - get a judgment and then offer to settle for the return of Ms. Kitty! have you tried calling the SPCA or even your social worker - maybe they have violated some other law by taking advantage of a disabled person.
Whatever course of action you take, or don't take, I'm sending prayers and vibes that Ms.Kitty is okay, and that you get divine guidance how to proceed, and that the new baby is doing well in your home.....Such a sad, upsetting situation!!! Susan

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, that's really sad. I agree, if she has no proof that the cat really belonged to her, then she can't just come over and take her away. And if she really wanted her, why did she wait so long to look for her?? I think you should fight to get her back, I definitely would if it was one of my cats. Some people are so ridiculous!

Good luck.

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With this situation with Ms Kitty, the leasing office is giving me an eviction notice because I had an unauthorized pet here for 6 mos. I have to pay them a $300.00 deposit and back rent for the 6 mos she was here. I was absolutely appalled that they would strike such a low blow and said as much to her. I have to speak to the manager tomorrow. How cruel is that?

I simply do not have that kind of money, with Uncle Sam taking such a huge chunk and no health insurance and all the other bills my limited disability check has to cover. The only way out of having to pay it is if Ms Kitty was my companion pet and necessary for my depression. As a matter of fact, with her gone, I am amazed at just how much she meant to me and how therapeutic she was for me.

She was such a major presence in my life that the hole left by her is HUGE! When I couldn't even get up and take a bath or take care of myself, I had to take care of her. She was so damaged when she adopted me that many people tried to tell me I needed to get rid of her or relinquish her, but I couldn't do it. The way she appeared at my door and the timing of it convinced me It was Divine intervention and she was meant to be here. I had even been praying about having a cat cuz I was so lonely and so ALONE! We had such a rough start and went through so much together. I was ecstatic when she started coming up to me and nuzzling me and actually giving me Kitty kisses! She stopped biting and scratching me and stopped the "drive-by" attacks on me.

Her and Peanut were getting along great and made such great companions for each other. As a matter of fact, Peanut is lost without her, walks around looking for her, and cries much of the time. She tries to get me to pay attention to her constantly. She misses her so much!

Ms Kit followed me wherever I went…to the bathroom, in the kitchen, sat at the window when I went outside and was ALWAYS in the window when I got home. She slept beside me, sat on the back of the chair and sofa when I was out there. She was finally enjoying playing with the feather toys and loved the laser light. The woman who took her from me told me that she had kept her tied up outside and that is so cruel to Ms Kit….She LOVED climbing. She loved the to shelf of the bookcase and the closet and even liked sitting on the rooftop at night and checking everything out. She never, ever strayed far from home and never tried to get away. Even when she was in those ferocious heats, she never tried to get away to mate. She was finally happy and content.

I love her so much!
She finally became very affectionate to me. She filled a need in me and kept me from that horrible loneliness that has plagued me for so long. I simply don't know how I'm going to make it without her! P'nut is sweet and precious, but it's not the same. Now I have Baby Girl (unnamed, yet) who is only 3 weeks old and has to learn to drink from a bottle, bathe herself and everything else she needs to know to be a cat. She needs to be bottle fed every 2-3 hours around the clock.

I have to get some kind of letter so I don't have to pay all that money and it certainly doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how important they are for my depression and how much their presence has motivated me. Especially now with the loss of Ms Kit. If they weren't here, I don't know what I'd do.

I have to take the baby with me all the time, because she has to be fed so frequently and she is so tiny (6 oz.) I don't want to leave her alone here. I was tossed out of Wal-Mart a few days ago because she was with me. I carry her in a decorative carrier that doesn't even look like one. Someone heard her little cries when she was hungry!

The point I'm trying to make is that I asked Barbara to help me with this and she said that her supervisor won't permit anyone to write a letter because they do not know me and did not know me 6 mos ago. I pointed out (very nicely, I might add) that I was transferring to a closer facility with the same provider I've been going to not an entirely different company. The medical record should be able to provide any information about me that she needs, unless Norita didn't bother to keep thorough notes. I suspect that may be a factor, because if she questioned why I missed appointments, then all the phone calls I made trying to reach Norita were probably not documented. Which probably means that all the unreturned calls I made to Norita were probably left out, as well. My conversations with Lori (?) may have been, but nothing improved, even though she promised it would! She promised that my needs and most of my wants would be met. That, of course, as you know did not happen. Not much happened until you took over my case.

While Barbara was telling me all the things the letter would not say, I finally asked her what it WOULD say! Her response was that she did not know. So I simply stopped trying to stand up for myself and asked her to do the best she could for me. So much for being my "Advocate".

Well apparently, the CatNabber uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................. .....................................................................8888

[

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How terrible! I'm so sorry you and Ms Kit have to go through this. I hope everything works out and you two will be together again. Perhaps you can work something out with the leasing office... like make small payments?

Wishing you and Ms Kit all the best,
Naia

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm confused... won't the apartment people charge you the same $300 for the kitten as for Ms. Kit?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i'm confused... won't the apartment people charge you the same $300 for the kitten as for Ms. Kit?
Yes, it sounds like the situation is getting very complicated. How scary and sad and stressful for you!
Sending you prayers and vibes for calming and encouragement!
Can you call mental health and/or call your local United Methodist Church and ask if they have some Timotheans to come visit you and give you encouragment & comfort? They might also have some ideas on how you can fight this!
Because in my heart of hearts, I know that Ms. Kit might get out and return to you and I want her to be able to stay with you when she does

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't quite follow... the neighbor didn't pay the living expenses for her cat and you let her into your home to take the cat back? I wouldn't let anyone in my apartment to take anything... not even the leasing office. They have no right to come in to your home and take things without your permission.

I would pursue legal action against them. Also, if it really were the womans cat, then the financial responsibility would be hers and not yours...

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG, I don't know how that post ended up here! It was part of an email I wrotr to my former case manager for my mental health center....TALK ABOUT TOO MUCH INFO, huh??!!!

I couldn't find the "edit" button. I must have had an attack writing it because of the runaway letters!

Well , apparently, this women seems to be friends with this leasing agent cuz she was all about sticking up for her and talking out both sides of her mouth about her whole situation. One minute she said she had posted signs, the next she was saying signs weren't allowed. She lives right down about 6-7 houses from me and I never heard about a lost white cat…I even asked several people and someone from the office. This Cat Snatcher even got another white cat so she could mate my Ms Kit with him…..Boy, is she pissed to find out she's been spayed! She actually seems to collect white cats, her other cat is an all white male and she didn't want BabyGirl. (grey & white)

I just came back from going over to visit Ms Kit and I'm sickened by what I found out! MsKit is extremely nervous, not relaxed at all! She is going backward and I know she's hurting her! She's not allowed to sit in the window and she loves to do that!

I brought P'nut with me and she got out of the carrier. I couldn't get her to come out of hiding so I went back to my apartment to get a red laser light. When I got back, the Cat Snatcher was going after MsKit with a fly swatter! I heard her make contact and Ms kit let out the most horrendous cry! She was growling as well! I am just sick about this. I have no clue how to proceed! CS (cat snatcher) has not come up with the vet papers as promised and the office refuses to show me anything. They're going to be held liable as well whenever I do proceed!

I NEVER SHOULD HAVE GIVEN IN TO THE PRESSURE!!!

Pnut was terrified! I'll bet while I was gone, she hurt her!!!!! I caught art of her with my camera, so I have proof!
When I cropped and zoomed the shot, you can barely see the white fluff of Ms Kit who is hiding in the corner and the green swatter and CS's fat azzzz. I'll try to add the pictures.

Thank God for you guys and all the support you've given me. I don't know what I'd do without you. Typing is hard for me, but I had to come right here and share with peeps :-) like me who would "get it"

BABY GIRL CLEANING RIGHT PAW. ONLY PART OF HER BOD SHE CLEANS SO FAR!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/sleepyscarecrow/DSCN1532-1.jpg MSKIT CLIMBED INTO HER CARRIER AT THE CS HOUSE AS IF TO SAY.."OK MOM, LET'S GO HOME!"

SISTERS PLAYING FEATHERS WITH MOM (MS KIT & PNUT)

THE CS GOING AT MS KIT WITH THE SWATTER...MS KIT IS THE WHITE BALL OF FLUFF IN THE CORNER

HUNGRY BABY GIRL

CS HITTING MS KIT WITH SWATTER!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, you need to report this woman!
if i'd been you, i'd've taken Ms. Kit home w/me, & told the CS to call the police if she wanted her back [specially since you have pix!].

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
THANK YOU! I'M planning on doing something this weekend...steealing her back!

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does this equal proof of animal cruelty? Most states have laws protecting animals. Good luck to you and prayers you have your fur family back together as soon as possible.