kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

There's always Buck.
Short for Buckminster, of course.
Yes Jan.

I did try calling Runner, "buck", for a few days, but he either ignored me or gave me the evil eye. So he stayed Runner.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

She's certainly not the prettiest queen we have, but she makes some awesome kittens.
She's still got a nice belly on her, so I know she is pounding that food down.
Just to be sure... you know not to say this about a human female who's just had babies don't you???

They kittens are gorgeous! Look forward to seeing more pics of them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, since we are keeping at least 3 out of this litter, I've compiled a short list of names I might use. Variations, other names and suggestions from you folks will be considered with my gratitude. I know you all are a creative bunch.
Pics of the keepers are below.

The candidates are Bebe, a brown rosetted female. Bogey, a brown rosetted male. Bayli a silver rosetted female.

Since Loki Locomotive is the sire, I came up with 2 train related names:

Meridian Orient Express and Meridian Flying Scotsman

In addition I came up with the following:

Meridian Slipstream
Meridian Light Speed
Meridian Johnnie Walker Gold Label
Meridian Johnnie Walker Blue Label
Meridian Magic Marker
Meridian Ethereal Deity
Meridian Formal Attire

Feedback please!!! Thanks!

BOGEY

BEBE

BAYLI

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you should call one of them, maybe a silver one, Meridian STARCHILD. It will give him the EXTRA boost to be spectacular.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Meridian Flying Scotsman, Meridian Light Speed and Meridian Magic Marker

I love Bogey's black black spots (that will rosetta out) and his face, fantastic markings, they are all stunning. Bayli has a gorgeous typey head as well.

Bebe looks like she'll rufous nicely in addition to her fab pattern and type, which is something I'm partial too in bengals.. no connection at all to having a very heavily rufoused bengal myself *cough cough*

by the way one thing I've been meaning to ask you. Do you screen your cats for HCM? I know it's been increasing as a problem in the UK bengals anyway. It seems as if a few winning studs were HCM positive and now it's spread all over the place.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Lightspeed, Formal Attire, and Flying Scotsman (I'm Scottish, LOL)

Those kittens are REALLY BIG!!! After a few weeks, Platinum is looking less pleased and a little bit more, "WHEN do these guys start eating hard food!?"

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Buck...Buck...I seem to be missing something here...
I'm teasing Nial. He wanted a short name for the maine coon and I suggested Buck. I've been suggesting the name ever since.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

by the way one thing I've been meaning to ask you. Do you screen your cats for HCM? I know it's been increasing as a problem in the UK bengals anyway. It seems as if a few winning studs were HCM positive and now it's spread all over the place.
Yep we screen for HCM. One of the problems with HCM is that it can show up late, years after a breeding cat is already retired. So screening is useful in finding early cases, but it's effectiveness is limited.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to stay away from this topic! I am really wanting another baby Bengal!! They are so CUTE!!!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having 2 Bengal's, I am curious as to what HCM is. I don't know if Simba was ever screened for it. I would imagine Angel was, because I got her from you, Nial. I've never heard of it.

By the way, I didn't know you were going for a "Train Theme" in naming your new kittens. So, you probably wouldn't want to name any of these kittens Starchild. But I do think Starchild would be a wonderful and honourable name for any future kittens you have. If I had a cattery, I would definately name my most perfect kitten Starchild, however, I know I'll never have a cattery.

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the name 'Meridian Orient Express' - for one of the girls - it brings up so much exotic imagery!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial, you're right with it showing up later as well but I guess that screening is better than not screening in any case since you may catch some cats then even if you're not guaranteed. Here's hoping they'll figure out a genetic test for it at some point.

Hope - HCM is a genetic heart disease. It leads to a thicker heart if I remember correctly and often a heart murmur etc. Cats can live a long time with it especially with medication, one of the worst thing about it though is that it can lead to blood clots which can then make a young cat drop dead seemingly out of nowhere. I think usually that if a cat shows no signs by the time they're 3-4 years old they'll probably be fine.

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So pretty...*drool* I'm still an avid Oci lover, but wow...Bengals might be rising in my "favourite cat breeds" list. =3

Such cute faces...I have a powerful love for spotty/stripeys, I just love that face. <3