Plastic bags gone???

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the main reason I turned to shopping on line for things like deodorant, dental floss, supplements and granola bars, and canned cat food is availability. I can't find the things I use locally. Amazon and the on line pet supply stores have them, so they get my business. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, me too. Availability and price. Can't get anything around here. But if you were going primarily by environmental impact. . .I bet store shopping is better.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's an enviro puzzler for you.

It's been said that just inflating our tires to the right pressure would be a great fuel saver.  I know that if you check 100 tires in a parking lot, you'd be lucky to find 10 at the proper pressure, and probably 20 or less within 10% of proper inflation.

So...how do we solve the problem?  I once suggested that each Walmart get a service truck that would go up and down the aisles in the parking lot, checking tires as a courtesy, and inflating them to the proper pressure.  This would hit most of the cars in most localities.  But...would the service trucks burn enough gas with their engine and air compressor to negate the gain?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Newer cars come with sensors that tell you when the air is low in the tire. I wonder how many people ignore that little beep and light. :)