Pirates of the Carribean - At world's end

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahhhhhh I found out something interesting!!!!!! For those actually looking forward to a 4th pirates movie...A lil birdie friend of mine doing an internship out in big ole hollywood passed on a tidbit of info. There is going to be a 4th. However its not sure where the 4th is going to take them...More than likely its going to follow Orlando and Kieras characters...Im psyched, but its going to be a couple of yrs before it even hits theaters. My friend thinks that they are trying to give the main charactors a break in the scheduling so they can get into some other films before jumping right back into this. So who knows...hopefully my friend is right and there is going to be a 4th cuz Im ready for it!!!

*Since when was "so" with multiple o's at the end censored?????

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why sooooo is censored, but what I want to know is why do we have to choose BETWEEN Orlando and Johnny??? I have space in my life for both... no need to choose.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL....Ive been a Depp fan for too long...Since 21 Jump St...LOL..Plus I think Orlando looks too much like a guy that lives near me and hes just creepy...One of those guys you just wanna tattoo "creepy" to his forehead!!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

OMG! Please tell me you all noticed towards the end when he was on the "last ship" (I'll call the last ship for no spoilers), and he changed into a different kind of pirate. omg....I swear that was love. He turned GORGEOUS! Aaaa! Seriously, maybe it was the bandana, but man oh man. wowsers.
Now, I'm not a crazy teeny fangirl. I swear, I'm not. In fact, I normally think the only thing Orlando has going for him in terms of looks are his eyes (I'm a sucker for good eyes) and I totally missed his appeal when everyone was swooning over LoTR (heck, I missed the whole appeal of LoTR
). But in that last scene....WOW. I was SHOCKED at how attractive he was looking! I think I jumped! I mean, Johnny Depp is ALWAYS proof that god loves me and wants to me to be happy, but OB wasn't looking too shabby!

Best quote in the whole movie is near the end: "Listen to me. Yes, I lied to you. No, I don't love you. Of course it makes you look fat. I've never been to Brussels. It is pronounced "egregious". By the way, no, I've never met Pizzaro but I love his pies. And all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my ship is once again gone. Savvy?"

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

BTW its a little GIRL with her at the end - not a little boy

I'd take Depp over Orlando if I had to choose. hmmmm I should get DH to do some role-playing sometime soon
It's a boy...the actor's name is Dominic Scott Key.

And, I'm pretty sure they had time to consummate their marriage on that island. Hence the kind putting his boots back on. And I think the crossed swords were supposed to be symbolic

And...sorry, I forgot who responded to my post about the ending....those are all good theories, but they don't complete the plot arc, IMO. Remember, DJ didn't cut his heart out until AFTER he was snubbed by Calypso, and that he was ultimately made Capn of the FD so he could be with this immortal, form-chaning goddess. She snubbed him, he cut his heart out ("I wonder after which time you cut your heart out?"), and started a curse. So the completeion of that arc would mean that there was some way to break it. And sure, the FD ALWAYS has to have a captain, but it doesn't have to be the same person...despite the whole stabbing the heart thing. But, my understanding is that although not in human form Calypso is still around and has demonstrated that she can do..um, basically whatever she wants in the name of the plot! And, personally, although there is nothing to support this but my gut, that Jack wouldn't leave them sort o hanging out to dry and had a plan (he always seems to, or maybe it works out that way!)...hence the fountain of youth thing at the end

Also, my understanding was also that the whole "part of the crew, part of the ship" thing happened because he was neglecting his duty, not because they were living underwater, since the longer they stayed there, they more they became the ship. But that was unclear. I might have to re-watch DMC, since I'm sure they would clear the fog a little bit. Suffice it to say that my searching reveals that the PoTC fanworld is totally divided on this issue of Will's fate, in a kind of rabid, crazy way, and there's plenty of evidence and speculation these people are digging up to support either theory. Both seem plausible enough, but I love my Disney endings, so I'm on the "broken curse" side of the fence!

Ultimately, the ending was the way it was so they could leave room open for a fourth (and if they do one, I sincerely hope it's a little less operatic...maybe it's because I spend a lot of time around opera, but I seriously thought Will was going to start singing an aria after DJ...well, you know...at the end). OR...they sort of leave it open-ended in that way.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm..I think Orlando looked hubba yumma once he became capatin LOL...

But yup its a little boy they kept long hair on men back then..lol

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Now, I'm not a crazy teeny fangirl. I swear, I'm not. In fact, I normally think the only thing Orlando has going for him in terms of looks are his eyes (I'm a sucker for good eyes) and I totally missed his appeal when everyone was swooning over LoTR (heck, I missed the whole appeal of LoTR
). But in that last scene....WOW. I was SHOCKED at how attractive he was looking! I think I jumped! I mean, Johnny Depp is ALWAYS proof that god loves me and wants to me to be happy, but OB wasn't looking too shabby!
I wasn't that into OB when he did LOTR, although, I'm a huge LOTR fan.. in that one.. Viggo... phew!!!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Well if its a boy, he sure looks like a girl. I could have sworn that he had a dress on like his mother!
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

hmm..I think Orlando looked hubba yumma once he became capatin LOL...

But yup its a little boy they kept long hair on men back then..lol
MMhmm, definitely yummy...

And I could have sworn the kid was wearing a dress too.. although I definitely noticed the long hair.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

And I could have sworn the kid was wearing a dress too.. although I definitely noticed the long hair.
Hey, I'm just going with what IMDB and the kind people on the Hide the Rum forums (like us, but with pirates instead of cats...and I'm lurking with great abandon. kind of amusing.) have said. He is cast as "William Turner III" and he's supposed to look a little over 9 years old, so that answers the sex question as well

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm not disputing it, but the dress was the reason I thought he was a girl... at least I thought it was a dress. Perhaps it was a long tunic or something, or it just looked like a dress to me because the grass was high or something... I'll have to watch it again when it comes out on dvd.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

were there a couple versions of the movie?
i definitely saw a little boy with long hair.
i saw the boy with long hair too. but i sincerely doubt that there is two versions. and this series is different, it isn't so much a traditional disney movie with the happy ending but more into the leaving things wrapped up but not happily ever after. and the curse may not have started till after but it is still going strong. usually with curses and breaking them that is at least a minor part of the plot and i usually pointed out as a goal or reason for what happens in the movie. in this one there was absolutely no mention of the curse being broken.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little girl/little boy are the same "person"... just some of us swear we saw a girl when it was actually a boy.