Pirates of the Carribean - At world's end

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont worry, you're not the only one with the 'there are people better looking than Johnny and Orlando you know' gene

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

there are people better looking than Johnny
oh, now that's just not true.

i'll admit, i've had a crush on johnny depp since he was on 21 jump street.

i liked the way they played elizabeth's character in this movie. i didn't like the betrayal on the 2nd film. but overall they seemed to write it pretty well. i was entertained.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

oh, now that's just not true.

i'll admit, i've had a crush on johnny depp since he was on 21 jump street.

i liked the way they played elizabeth's character in this movie. i didn't like the betrayal on the 2nd film. but overall they seemed to write it pretty well. i was entertained.
i like older more refined wines, like Alan Rickman *drool* please ignore that he is about 38 years older than me *winks*

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dont worry, you're not the only one with the 'there are people better looking than Johnny and Orlando you know' gene
Blasphemy!!!!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Say it ain't so!

Ok, I'll agree with you on Orlando. I'll give you that. But Johnny Depp?! So much hotness. And he's twice my age (22 years older).

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i like older more refined wines, like Alan Rickman *drool* please ignore that he is about 38 years older than me *winks*
oh he's not bad either.
i really liked him in robin hood: prince of thieves.
i think i've watched that movie at least 100 times. i know the lines just about by heart.
doesn't he have a new movie coming out? i thought i saw something about that on nbc's today one morning...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

oh he's not bad either.
i think i've watched that movie at least 100 times. i know the lines just about by heart.
doesn't he have a new movie coming out? i thought i saw something about that on nbc's today one morning...
yes HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!! oh that big nose, that shiny black hair...that cape! :p

and those big hands..*winkwink*

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

oh he's not bad either.
I'm going to cut your heart out with a spoon.

Why a spoon.

Cause its dull it will hurt more you twit..

one of my all time fav lines

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man. I was stoked to go see POTC 3 this Saturday! But now I've got a foster kitten & I hate to leave him. Hey....I bet nobody would notice if I smuggled him into the theater....

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, guys. I saw it again (I won't say how, but it didn't involve leaving the comforts of my own home....pays to know people!
) and I have a question, having heard about that one cut scene...

It's in white, and contains a spoiler, so don't highlight the question below unless you have seen the movie and want to offer your opinion:

Ok, so the flash of green light across the horizon signals a soul returning to earth from the land of the dead, n'est-ce pas? And most people go full lifetimes without seeing it...no? Ok, we get to see it 3 times in the movie, 1 of which is wildly inconsistent with the other 2. The first time we see it is when Jack and the Pearl are brought back from the locker and the whole operation is literally turned upside down. The second time we see it is the end, as Will leaves that island to attend to the Dutchman. The final time we see it is when Will sails up in that scene after the credits.

The inconsistent time is when the Dutchman DISAPPEARS with Will on it...who exactly is returning from the dead? was that just a goof? We certainly don't see that flash every time the Dutchman surfaces (which is frequently in these movies), and we also don't see it every time the Dutchman goes back under.

This, I think, confirms that Will actually does get to "come back" permanently. Because if he's still beholden to the Dutchman, why do we need to actually raise him from the dead. Also, Calypso can pretty much do whatever she wants and while she DID say she wouldn't take pity on the pirate lords, she also remained quite sympathetic to the whole "lovers" idea.

EIther way, if that stupid green flash, which isn't even consistent, is all we have to go on...then I think we can decidedly say that leaving the cut scene out was DUMB. They cut 20 minutes of film, and they choose THAT scene? As much as I love my Cap'n Jack, I could have lived with slightly less Johnny-in-the-desert to have a concrete ending. Plus, this leaves Cap'n Jack decidedly single and on a small boat with rum. I will volunteer to join him!

My final question is thusly...does Elizabeth have to STAY on the island the whole time, or can she leave? Who exactly brings supplies and clothing and whatnot?! And how did she manage to give birth all alone on an island?!

That is all. Any thoughts are welcome.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Ok, guys. I saw it again (I won't say how, but it didn't involve leaving the comforts of my own home....pays to know people!
) and I have a question, having heard about that one cut scene...
I think the second time... at least what I thought at the time, was when original captain was released from duty. It was my impression that he was freed, not killed, but.. I don't know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got to see it today and I really enjoyed it!
To say the least it was a lot better than the second one (I liked all the action scenes and all the plotting), but still think the first one is the best.
Thanks to all of you guys, I stayed for the end of the credits and am glad I did. I had a feeling that was what they were going to show.
I think that there will be a fourth movie. There are too many loose ends to tie up. We all know that Jack will not stay in that small boat! He will go after the pearl again. Then there is also the issue of the company and who will take that over.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just saw it last night and I have to admit I had a tough time following it till about 1/2 way through the movie.

I still can't decide if it was good or not

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We saw it yesterday afternoon (Saturday). We loved it. At times it was a bit confusing, but not bad. I loved the "multiple" Jacks......
In our opinion, its was awesome, especially the special effects. Those guys did it again!

Oh yeah, I mentioned to DH about staying after the credits. He said "oh those guys just wanted us to sit here and have to look at all of the credits". We were the only ones in the theatre when the scene came on. But who was the little girl? Those two never had a chance to have sex before he died.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think the implication is that it's his... he and she had that last scene for his "one day" ashore before he had to go ferry souls. They looked pretty, um... romantic to me, hehe.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Ok, so the flash of green light across the horizon signals a soul returning to earth from the land of the dead, n'est-ce pas? And most people go full lifetimes without seeing it...no? Ok, we get to see it 3 times in the movie, 1 of which is wildly inconsistent with the other 2. The first time we see it is when Jack and the Pearl are brought back from the locker and the whole operation is literally turned upside down. The second time we see it is the end, as Will leaves that island to attend to the Dutchman. The final time we see it is when Will sails up in that scene after the credits.

The inconsistent time is when the Dutchman DISAPPEARS with Will on it...who exactly is returning from the dead? was that just a goof? We certainly don't see that flash every time the Dutchman surfaces (which is frequently in these movies), and we also don't see it every time the Dutchman goes back under.

This, I think, confirms that Will actually does get to "come back" permanently. Because if he's still beholden to the Dutchman, why do we need to actually raise him from the dead. Also, Calypso can pretty much do whatever she wants and while she DID say she wouldn't take pity on the pirate lords, she also remained quite sympathetic to the whole "lovers" idea.

My final question is thusly...does Elizabeth have to STAY on the island the whole time, or can she leave? Who exactly brings supplies and clothing and whatnot?! And how did she manage to give birth all alone on an island?!
When the Dutchman goes under it isn't returning to the world of the dead. it is just resurfacing or submerging, not going to the locker. i don't think it actually left the world of the living under Davy Jones, it just went underwater. hence the crew going all fishy.

And when the ship disappears Will is being brought back to life as Captain of the Flying Dutchman, so someone is being brought back to life technically. and i don't think that the crew of the Dutchman is truly alive, not in the traditional sense, and that includes the Captain.

i think that when the green light flashes it has a dual meaning of "brought back from the dead" and/or just "brought back from the land of the dead". it could also be that everything that brings about the phenomena is just under the heading of "brought back from the dead" because it is basically the same thing, just minor details differing. and keep in mind it is pirate legend and they like to keep things simple or they might have forgotten other things.

And, yes, Will is beholden(i like the use of that word by the way, i'm not making fun or mocking you) to the Flying Dutchman for ETERNITY. It is stated many times in the movie, Captain Jack has a particular fascination with the word when thinking of becoming the new Captain of the Dutchman.

I think when Calypso said that she wouldn't take pity on the pirate lords that it didn't necessarily mean at that particular moment. Remember, she is a heathen goddess and she has eternity to get revenge on the pirate lords.

I imagine that King Turner either lives somewhere else but meets Will on that island or lives on the island and probably has pirates or someone bring her supplies. And she probably had the little boy on the mainland.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

But who was the little boy? Those two never had a chance to have sex before he died.
He had a day on land before he had to leave. I imagine they had quite a bit of sex since she wasn't to see him for 10 years.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have heard that unless the pirates make, like, millions upon millions then this is the end of the story. i don't know about the others but depp is open to it but he still sounded like he wanted a break.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. I'm dissappointed that some of you disliked the movie so much. My SO and I went this last Saturday night, and when we were leaving (I didnt stay to see the ending credit thing, because I didnt know, and now I'm pretty mad about that), I said "That was the BEST movie I have ever seen!"
And it was. I surely loved it. I cried my eyes out, laughed my booty off, got scared, and surprised, and fell in love with Orlando Bloom all over again.

OMG! Please tell me you all noticed towards the end when he was on the "last ship" (I'll call the last ship for no spoilers), and he changed into a different kind of pirate. omg....I swear that was love. He turned GORGEOUS! Aaaa! Seriously, maybe it was the bandana, but man oh man. wowsers.

I really loved that movie. It was great. The only wierd thing was that there was this group of pirates IN the theater. They werent obviously real, but they were sure roleplaying, and sword fighting, and drinking thier ale. They even had reserved seating. It was strange. But then again, I did just move to Florida...Its to be expected 'round here.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BTW its a little GIRL with her at the end - not a little boy

I'd take Depp over Orlando if I had to choose. hmmmm I should get DH to do some role-playing sometime soon

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Depp Anytime! Bloom just looks like a girl! although i did love him as legolas...
What do you mean she gives birth??? I have to see it again for the scene at the end?? hmm...3hours of Depp... oh such a shame i have to sit through that again

I also find alan rickman ... and snape... disturbingly attractive