Pilling success! My new trick!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a look around here.  Carolina recommended a piller that she says works well.  I bought two of them, but I haven't had to use them yet.  It's by Kruuse.  It has two sections.  In the top part, it holds water.  In the tip, it has a rubber holder for the pill.  You put the fill the top with water, put the pill in the bottom, get it in the cat's mouth, and push down the plunger.  The water pushes the pill farther than you can with your finger.

Here's a link to it in the UK.  I can't find the source I bought it from; maybe Carolina will see this and point it out.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/manufacturers/kruuse-35

She also has a bag that she uses, and even made a video of her giving Bugsy medication with it.

Here is a video of her pilling Bugsy with the piller.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/242917/pilling-bugsy

Here is the piller she uses:

I can't find the video of her using the bag though.

Last edited:

pilot8569

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a trick that works great for pilling a feisty cat. Go to your local Asian food store and buy seaweed paper.  (Very inexpensive) Tear it into strips about 3/8" wide and 1.5 " long. Quarter the pills to make the pieces smaller, moisten the seaweed paper and roll the pill up in the paper. feed cat a few un-plled pieces rolled up like the pilled pieces, to get her started eating. Now just slip in a pilled piece of seaweed and the cat will just gobble it down pill and all.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a trick that works great for pilling a feisty cat. Go to your local Asian food store and buy seaweed paper.  (Very inexpensive) Tear it into strips about 3/8" wide and 1.5 " long. Quarter the pills to make the pieces smaller, moisten the seaweed paper and roll the pill up in the paper. feed cat a few un-plled pieces rolled up like the pilled pieces, to get her started eating. Now just slip in a pilled piece of seaweed and the cat will just gobble it down pill and all.
Wow, what a great idea! I never thought of that. I already have some for making sushi.  I assume a little piece of seaweed is safe.  Thankfully, Angel is not being pilled for anything right now, but will have

to remember that for the future.

pilot8569

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Asian ex fed this to cats for a long time, no issues and they love it. Yes it is sushi wrap.  Another thing that will drive your cats crazy is fish paper. Also available at the Asian food store. This is dried flaked fish and my cat will do absolutely anything for this stuff. (not good for pilling, but a great treat).

pilot8569

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried the cheese idea, but the cat took one sniff and walked away. That was what prompted me to think of the seaweed paper thing. I needed something more tempting for her.

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put my cat in the window so he can't back away and open his mouth and toss it in then stand there rubbing his neck it gets the to swallow... He has spit them out at my SO but never me. He has gotten mean before... My vet suggested the method and we have been pilling twice a day for almost 2 months straight now.