Piercing and Tattoos

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmmm....well my first question for Chloe111 is why do you feel a need to take them out when you have kids? Unless you are just plain tired of them, I really don't see a need to take them out for kids (no harm meant).
As for my kid. I have a 7 year old and her mother has her 11 tatoos and piercings. When she is 17 she is more than welcome to do what she wishes with her body. If she feels strongly enough about either, I will go with her and check the place out and sign the concent. I would much prefer her coming to me first than going to a second rate place getting something like either done. My daughter will be able to what she wishes as long as it does not involve breaking any laws or causing harm to anyone.
Of course if she brings home a man 13 years older than her, I am not sure how I will take it, but I can't say no because then I would be saying it was wrong of me to marry her dad

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWRIGHT SANDIE!!!You go girl! Hey Ken, care to tell us where YOUR tats are???
Better yet, care to show us????

I've been thinking about having another tattoo done. Hey Rene, want to go together for moral support??

I love Sandie. She's my kinda girl. The amazing thing is she's the same age as my kid! But so much more mature.

Thanks for the Frooties guys.

Hugs,

Donna

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL Donna, you are welcome for the fruities, however I stopped and got them on the way out instead of carrying them all over "P" Town..hehe.
I plan to go with Rene and will get one if the $ is there. We can have a tattoo party

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!! Are you making fun of me???? If you are you forgot to mention the bazillion pound cat feeder in a box. Remember when I asked Rene to watch "it" while we were in the restaurant? That turned a few heads.

I hope you guys will wait till I get back from Michigan to have the tattoos done. I'd love to have a tattoo party. Then we can all drink to excess to kill the pain. Whattdyasay??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, a statement and a question for Sandie.

First off, I as much as anyone believe in a person's right to pierce and/or tattoo as much as he/she wants. You're absolutely right, Sandie. It's your body. I do wonder about 18-19 year olds who go to extremes with tattoos. Participation in fads like blue hair or piercings can be changed/removed if later, one decides that isn't the look desired any more. Tattoos are a one way street.

Second, if I was thinking about getting just one tattoo, as I have indicated that I have seriously considered, where (on the body) would you suggest? I, too, have to be concerned about maintaining a conservative outward appearance for the sake of my job. Teachers get held to a little bit stricter standard than the rest of the general population.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, as far as the extreme goes, yes there are some real extremes out there. Then again I guess one could say a favorite expression is live and learn. I started getting tattood at 16 and I really doubt I will ever regret or change my views on any of them. Of course this is only my view. Of course I cant imagine why anyone would want gang signs or devil warship material on them forever.
Okay, as far as the best places to conceal if need be would be first the bikini lines. This way you can always cover with underwear. However, if you are only concerned with people or kids you work with you can put one on your back below a tank top line, your outer thighs, your chest below a tank top line or your lower back. This way they will be covered with just minimum clothing like tank tops and shorts. I have them all over and I have to wear pants and a short sleve shirt to cover them all. This way if need be for a job I can hide them at all times (hopefully they would have air conditioning).
Oh...I forgot in my previous posts, This weekend I was in Province town in Mass and found a belly button ring and the ball is a very cute teal cat face....I can't beleive I found it..I just love it!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, a couple of those areas are ones I'm not overly anxious to attract attention to. Let's just say that the thighs, for example have seen thinner days. What about the upper back? At school I wear stuff that covers there. I thought about ankle, but I really just want to avoid the leg area altogether. I don't have the most stellar circulation going on in the lower legs. The only thing about the back is that I'll never see the damn thing, so what's the point?

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have both: both of my ears are pierced just once, but I rarely wear earings!!
As for tattoos, I have 3. I have a rose on each outside ankle. They are the same design, but the left ankle is a purple rose, and the right one is a blue rose. The other is on my left shoulder. It is a red heart with my husband's name in the middle; the outside has flowers.
I rarely even notice them, which is a good thing.... I didn't want a lot of attention, which is why I have them where they are at
My husband has 3 tattoos, as well. On both arms, he has The Crow logo from The Crow and The Crow Part II; he also has another tattoo above the one with a gargoyle with my name on it

At one time, I did think of getting either my nose or eyebrow pierced, but then I decided against it. My brother had a tongue ring. The funny part: my parents didn't even know he had gotten it until he blurted it out when we were with them at a restaurant for his
My mom didn't believe it, so he stuck his tongue out!!:tounge2: :eek:oh I don't think he has it in anymore, but she did tell me that he swallowed the barbell!!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not real sure on how a tattoo would effect circulation. The ankles are a great place for tattoos. I have 2 on one and 1 on the other. The only drawback would be that to hide it you have to wear socks or pants. I have one on each arm above a shirt line, but again a drawback would be no tank tops at work and such. What about your chest? You would be able to see it and cover it too.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tank tops at work are a severe no-no at school! There are some schools where you can't even wear backless shoes.

amanda

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 3 tattoos....I have a little devil on my lower abdomen...well at the top and side of my bikini line and I have a sea horse on the top of my thigh...I had that particular one done with my best friend...It just marked a time in our lives (literally) and I have a lizard at the base of my back....I think there is a photo of them some place I will have to dig them out and post them.

I have my nose pierced...just coz i like it and it suits me
and I have my tragus (sp?) pierced - that is the part of the ear which is next to your face - does that make sense I had that done because I only saw one person with it done and it looks real nice I wear a tiny gold hoop with a little gold ball. I also have my conch (sp?) peiced - tat is the inside of my ear at the top - I know that really must make no sense at all.

i did have my belly button done but I was out and a kid fell (or rather was falling) until he grabbed my shirt along with belly ring...

Donna about the nose blowing and picking - it is simple...nose studs come either hooked of thin and straight so you can put it in and bend it up so blowing and picking is no problem what so ever and when you remove a nose stud to close over there is hardly any scar what so ever

michelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ever since I read this thread, I've been thinking about what I would get if I were to get a tattoo (my mom would NEVER go for it, but it's fun to think about). I really like the idea of an angel...that's one that I don't think I would ever regret. Unless I up and become an atheist, which I don't think will be happening. I also just came up with getting a pair of toe shoes on my ankle. But I my have to put these off until after my dance career (the career I'm hoping for, anyway)...do they allow that sort of thing in profesional companies? oh well- it's a long shot anyhow. but it's fun to think about...

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I find it interesting how wwe humans can willingly poke holes in ourselves and inject foreign substances into our skin...but let us get a cut or scratch and we go banannas.
I have sat and picked a splinter from my hand and noticed all the painful expressions on anyone watching.

I'm not criticizing here folks...just commenting on the human condition.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL Kittyfoot...I am actually okay with some pain but anything that has to do with the eyes makes me cringe!! However, if I had a choice of poking more holes in my body or getting stuck with ink and needles over giving birth again...I would be getting tattoo's or piercings!!

simon's mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had my tongue, belly button and eyebrow pierced but I took them out. I had to take my belly button ring out when I had my daughter last year that is also when I took out my tongue ring. My eyebrow didn't last to long it hurt to bad when I slept. I also have my ears pierced 3 times.

I also have 3 tattoos. One on my shoulder of Tigger, one on my lower back it is trible and one on my leg of a fether, a rose, and a peace sign.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Kittyfoot :angel2:

I totally understand what you're saying. Tattoos used to scare me...but now, if someone wants to do that; it seems so "right"...or I guess I feel happy
if that's what makes that person happy. I vasillate too much on what I think I'd want...there's too many decisions! :confused3:

Sandie,:angel2:

I have no children except of course my furbabies
, however, it amazes me how women can have children because I know it's so sooooooo painful...I think Gosh, how brave!!! I really admire them. Of course the baby is wonderful and we can't replace that Gift! But, I would have to agree since you obviously know this first hand! Whew...what a choice!

Amanda My Sweet! :angel2:

OH MY LORD!!!
How in the world did you do bear the pain of that guy pulling on your belly button ring!!????

I think I would've passed out or vomitted
(s'cuse me folks) or both. You poor girl...Did it heal well??? By the way, how are you and when are you leaving for the states?

Dear Simon's Mommy :angel2:

I would get to where I'd want to remove mine too, but I'd be so stubborn no matter what the pain, because I felt that I knew if I took it out, I'd have to repierce it...YIKES so...that idea was short lived for me. I understand that some can go without their peircing for months. I can go without an earring forever, but not my bellybutton, nose or tongue. Those have to be left in or I'm asking for trouble.

Dedicated to those who love their tats

simon's mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did have my tongue redone 3 times before. However I have not had it done since the last time I took it out.

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You Cattarina,

Could you PLEASE lay off the nude pictures in your posts?? First of all your contradicting yourself with this God thing you got going on. Second and most important...they're inappropriate and...THEY'RE GETTING ON MY NERVES!!! I would appreciate it.

Peace Be With You, Hon
Donna

P.S. Where's Gayef when you need her???

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simon'sMommy

Hi, I have to admit that was the most painful peiercing of all (for me)
it wasn't the actual peircing itself, it was because of the placement and you had to eat! Thereby, irritating it! I think I lost about 5 pounds maybe more after that one! :laughing: You are one brave woman!!

Take Care

Love &,

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That pattern in the pic got me thinking...NO,not about that...!! How's about starting a new style...getting tatooed with the color patterns of your favorite cat? Just think...tiger stripes,tabby,tortie. Of course hairstyles to match. I haven't figured out tails yet.

Now if anybody makes a million with this I claim 5% right now.

(please note...I'm joking,don't hit me!!! I'll tell Mom)