Piercing and Tattoos

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How come there are no cat tattoos??
Just kidding!!

For the multiple pierced/tatooed among us I suggest the following...when people remark on your decorated state tell them "Well after the last time I tried to bathe/medicate my cat I had to do SOMETHING to cover the bites and scratches.".
:tounge2:
Kidding again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either that or have a little color added to the existing scratches and scars. Maybe you'll get a discount because the artist doesn't have to draw anything, just color.

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey KF,

I've got a kitty tattoo. And I like your suggestion to people who ask about them. Having my tattoos done was no big deal. You're basically covered except for the spot they're working on. And the people doing the tattoo have seen SO much that it doesn't phase them in the least. And...it doesn't hurt anymore than a sunburn.

As far as piercing of the tongue is concerned, people don't realize how many germs are in the human mouth.

Donna

vlinder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well Deb, I have one tattoo and a few piercings in my ears! My tat is of a closed-winged vlinder (butterfly in dutch). I got it when I moved out of my house at 18.... I am now 24 and if I'd have done it again, I probably would not have gotten it done. (My personal perspectives have modified since then). Anyway, I do like my tattoo! It is located right between my ankle and top of my foot. Originally I had wanted it on my foot, but the guy said it would be too painful. he suggested my ankle and I said, no.. too trendy. So we decided for the middle ground!!!

As for piercings, I got brave and pierced my own nose in 10th grade, only to take it out a few months later because I got tired of it! My ears have multiple piercings, although I only sport a few of them instead of all at once anymore! I have 3 lower piercings on each ear, 1 on my left cartiledge, 1 in my rook, and 1 in my tregus! A total of 9, and I wear 4 at a time! I love ear piercing as long as you don't get too gaudy with it!

BTW Deb, how is Ybor these days? Did you know I grew up there?! I went dancing there almost every night in high school ! Things have changed so much I know and they added a lot of bars, restricted parking to like, the overpass or paid parking, and there are soooooo many people there! UGH! Do I miss it?? Only going to the Castle for 80's night!!

*VLINDER*

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen guys with their nipples pierced (OUCH!!)
Everytime I see it mine hurt. And then there's the piercings of the nose, lips, eyebrows and tongue(no offense Sandie). As for the nose piercing, how do they blow their nose?? Or pick it for that matter?? And what happens when these kids get to be my age and older (say 80??) and having a gaping hole in their nose. How does Granny explain why her eyebrow is drooping with an earring in it to her grandchildren.

I don't know. I just don't get it.

Donna

michelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow, hearing about all this is putting all you guys in a whole different light! I got my ears pierced in the 4th grade, but I didn't wear earrings for like, a year, so about a month ago when I tried to put some in, I had to push one through and it went in crooked. so I think I'll leave that alone for a while. I do want my belly button peirced, but Mom will never go for that. she will barely even let me listen to good music (Blink 182, Sum 41)...peircings are not even an option. but I'll live. It kinda freaks me out that it might never close, and someday I might want it gone. but then...as for semi-permanate things...I want to put a streak of pink in my hair for a month or so. Mom actually said yes to that. I just have to find a good dye that will not kill my hair. I'm looking forward to this...

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am getting my first tattoo next week! I was at the parlor today (my daughter got her belly button pierced) and they designed it for me. Itis an Egyptian cat to be put on my wriste and paws ("Helping Paws") around my arm on either side of the cat so it looks like a bracelet! I am 50 and I figure I should do this for myself. Sandie has a lot of tattoos she gets one on each birthday! Also my older daughter had her tongue pierced four years ago - she got tired of it and took it out - she also had her belly button pierced - I just have two in one ear and one in the other - I am not big on piercing but have always wanted to be brave enough to have a tattoo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I'm getting a whole new image of Sandie here. I love this thread! Who started it?
I feel like I am getting to know people on a whole other level.

Vlinder: You wouldn't recognize Ybor! 7th Avenue is closed to traffic now, just pedestrians. Bars come and go. They just opened this new complex called CentroYbor, a little upscale with a GameWorks and some nice places to eat. Weekends are still a trip with everything imaginable walking down the street, from some of the weirdest people on the planet to grandma and grandpa taking it all in as tourists. There are police surveillance cameras up and down 7th Ave. to help cut down on problems, and just this month it was announced that the police sit around in vans surveying these live images and feeding them into some sophistocated computer system that matches the images with wanted felons.

alloweyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Piercings and tattoos... now thats my type of topic. hehehe I have three tattoos. I butterfly on my lower back, a dragonfly on my hip area, and a blue tribal heart on my... (keeping it PC) mound of love. hehehe that one hurt. I have 8 piercings. 4 in my ears, two in each... my tongue, my um... nipples and my lower area. That hurt too. I guess I'm in the teenage rebellon stage. Who knows.
Next tattoo, a cat paw opposit of the dragonfly.

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt want to respond to this thread for fear of freaking anyone out...but Thank You ALLoWeyo for opening the door for me!

I have 2 tatoos, and 5 piercings, all but 2 in the ears were symbolic of or in celebration of something.

I have 2 piercings in each ear. the first 2 were from my Mom for my 13th birthday.

Second 2 just 'cuz it was cool!

I have a small butterfly on my left ankle/lower calf thatI got on my honeymoon, that I regret...tattoo and marriage! :laughing2:

Had my right nipple pierced to celebrate my divorce!

And last, but by far my favorite...
I have a young Guardian Angel in prayer on my left shoulder/upper back.
I got her in '95 after I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, and my Fiance' had just been killed...was a bad year and thought I needed a little help.
She's looked out for me for 6 years, and I think she's doing a good job!

None of them really hurt for long, the nipple ring burned for a few hours, but nothing major. The Angel stung like the dickens when he hit my inner shoulder blade, but that was brief too.

This winter I'm having the butterfly changed to another angel, the wings will be easy to turn to Angel wings!

Hey, cant have too many Angels!

Cleo

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could not help but to pop in here. This is one of my favorite subjects. I am one very down to earth person with lot's of morals and manors. Yet I have a belly button ring, an eye brow ring and 12 tattoos. I will have lots more before I can say I am done. I love every single one of them. I prefer fantasy art and all of my tattoos have to do with wizards,faires or animals. I have a sun and a moon (the moon has a cat sitting in the crook). If I could afford it, I would have one done more than once a year.
As for pain...LOL people ask me all the time. My response is " well yes it's going to hurt". The pain depends on where you get them and your tolerance to pain. People ask about my eye ring more because they can see it. I always tell them it feels like having an ear pierced but the sound was awful. My belly button was the same way but thank goodness I didn't hear anything. I never had a problem with infection or healing. I was very good about keeping them clean and protected. I have gotten them both snagged on a few things, but in general if you keep the ring and ball tight, you dont have a problem. Well, except the time my eye ring was new and I stuck my sunglasses through the ring..LOL.
As for the job aspect. I will not put any below my shirt line, neck or face. If I have to (we all know money can be an issue) I can cover all my tattos up. I can also take my eye ring out during the day. I have been lucky and have never had to cover anything up. As for people in general. If people do not like the fact that I am this way, I dont need them in my life. I too beleive that there is such a thing as too much. However it is not my body and not my life. If someone chooses to have 15 holes in their face, it's their right. Life is to short for what if's and holding back. Tattooing and peircing is not illegal and is pretty harmless (unless you get infections or worse HIV). I would rather have a droopy wizzard or a hole in my eye browe at 90 than be sitting there thinking I should have done it when I was younger. Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
See.... Seeee......

THAT..

is exactly why I'm so in love with you........

*smiles*

jeano369

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is something I've thought about thru the years and so far have not gotten one. Just when I'd talk myself into it, someone would say something to change my mind. Anyone heard that Hitler loved to have lampshades made of human skin that was tattooed? That stopped me once. My sister has a rose on her ankle and has to "oil" it to keep it looking good, not much oil on ankle and looks dried and withered. And there isn't much flesh there, so it did hurt she said.
I've thought about back shoulder maybe. Then I broke my arm and was off work 9 months, had surgery to put it back together. Now I get shots in joints for arthritis. The whole pain thing is getting to me, maybe I have enough without signing up for more? The age thing doesn't bother me, it's the pain equation.

Enough, I probably will just be satisfied with one hole in each ear and let it go at that. Let the grandkids have the vaious other holes in their body parts.

Jeannie

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh God Cat...too funny! :laughing2:

Poor guy though, I wonder if he ever admitted the pic was him to anyone else?

When I had my nipple pierced, my boyfriend did it. His mother worked at the hospital, and had all the gear, and he had done many piercings before. So after a shot (okay 2) of Zylocaine, and a gin and tonic (okay, 3) we just did it!
Was weird, I was so numb I just watched the needle go through and giggled, no pain until the Zylocaine wore off, then it burned like h*ll for 3 or 4 hours.

Cleo

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't read if you're very conservative. I don't want to insult anyone here!

I've got a great story to tell ya about my first encounter with piercings (other than my ears of course) :laughing::laughing:

I am quite suprised I haven't seen this thread, probably to caught up in other junk...anyway, I love piercings.
My first piercing, wild piercing (in my bellybutton) was about 12 years ago! I had it done up in New Jersey at this place called Pleasurable Piercings! Me & my bud were looking at some pics and this guys..you-know-what had all these piercings in it!
The guy saw us looking and he proudly announced that that was him!
There was a large group of people around us, so they looked as well.
Well, this guys..ya know...was rather small and his other things...well, they were rather too big for his small...ya know...so, my friend being the smarta## she is, says "OH LOOK....All fruit and no stem!" I never laughed so hard in my life...this poor guys universe just fell in on him in one second:
...the other people including the other men's eyes turned into platters!!!
He slinked into some back room never to return ....Until....you guessed it...until my friend was going to get her you know what pierced!
<<<The guy Me>>>>:laughing: :LOL: :laughing::LOL: She said "no, way!
Get me someone else!
:disturbed:

So...they took care of her and she was fine.
:LOL:
Thank Goodness
Then it was my turn :disturbed: This gorgeous hunk of man
came in and said...well, you've got a great bellybutton to pierce!
I was in loveland
...go ahead wwwwooooooohoooooooo pierce away!
:laughing: He said well, hold your breath this shouldn't hurt too much. He pierces my bellybutton and I thought I was going to swallow my tongue!
:disturbed:

Needless to say...I walked away one hurtin pup
and as far as my friend goes she was too!
But who cares with memories like that!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: That's priceless!!
Oh yeah, I have my nose, tongue and bellybutton, no tats

Thinkin about getting a few more, but just in the thought stage right now

Well, take care and have a great weekend!

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Cat, stop that!

I replied to your post, then you removed it and reposted it...so now it looks like I'm a mindreader! :laughing2:

Oh well, everyone thinks I'm crazy anyway
...let Madame Cleo tell you the future! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cleo

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo

HUH?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I hit submit then quickly hit preview and it went straight to preview...so, I didn't think twice about it! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Till I saw your posting and thought....:laughing:
:laughing: Okay, let's play with Cleo today :LOL: :laughing::LOL: :laughing:

Did it trip ya up? Someone did that to me before and I was "HUH"

It's cool...we know we're all a bit eccentric around here

We have to be!
It's a cold
world out there! :laughing:

chloe111

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I have 9 piercings. I did have 10. I have 4 in my left ear, 3 in my right. I have my navel pierced and my tongue. I did get my eyebrow done but my fiance FREAKED out!! So I took it out.
I have no tatts, though. I get tired of stuff quickly so I don't want anything permanent. However, I have had my piercings for 3+ years. But still, I plan to take them out (tongue and belly button)when I have children.

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK..time to confuse the troops again by asking the conservative type question.
Given that there will be many pictures of your young selves around...what are you going to do in a few years when it's your teenagers who are wanting to do something outrageous and you are doing the Mom/Dad thing? If you say no,I'm sure someone will trot out the photos of you at that age...probably your mom and pop.:LOL:

Just wait and see what YOUR kids come up with. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son is 22, and has more tattoo's than I do! :laughing2:
He went through the piercing stage too, but has removed all of them...I hated that stage, he pierced his own lip, eyebrow, and nose...was horrible! The fact that he had them pierced wasnt so bad, but he used a DIAPER pin! Its a miracle his pierced parts didnt rot and fall off!

Cleo