Pickle's Pregnancy & Nursing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Day 65! She acted like she was uncomfortable last night and went into one of her nesting boxes. But nothing happened.
Today she's still just wanting to lay on me. Movement seems to really have slowed or they've moved where I can't feel.

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it's go time! She went into a corner in my bedroom and has been scratching around the carpet and cleaning herself like mad. I'm trying not to hover too much but she doesn't seem to mind my company.

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well guess who's still pregnant! She's had a few more times where she gets in a spot and scratches around the carpet and cleans herself. But now she's relaxing on my bed and letting me rub her belly. She has never done that before!! Here's hoping soon!

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have 3 sweet babies and a happy mama. I had to be gone most of the day so of course she had them today. My daughter got home and heard crying. She had them in one box and was moving them to another. She strained more and acted odd so I took her in for an X-ray and no more babies. I got them all to latch and mom to settle. My nerves are settled a bit.

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Babies are nursing pros. I'm assuming mamas milk is in because their little bellies are full. She's been amazing. I woke up a few times to her laying on me in the bed but the babies were all snoozing happily.
They are all 3 different. Mom is a dilute calico and I think dad was black and white. But check this little guy out. His coat is almost curly. We have a labradoodle and he looks like her!

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pickles gave birth to 3 babies yesterday. They are doing well and seem content with round bellies. I did notice that the nipples closest to her front legs are hard and lumpy. I'm assuming since she only has 3 that they haven't used them. What should I do?
I've had a foster mom with mastitis before and she was miserable and hot and the kittens cried non stop.
Is this just a natural process of some of the nipples drying up?

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to update, Pickles and babies are doing fantastic. Pickles is up and about and even letting the dogs come in the room with no issues. I was afraid she'd move the babies after that but she hasn't tried. I have a pet heat pad and I turn it on when she is eating or resting away from the babies.
The babies are all content and rarely cry out unless mama comes in and the feeding frenzy starts. They have been gaining regularly.
Olive is the white with orange one and she is 168 grams at last check.
Marston is the male apricot and is 156 at last weigh in.
Cleo is the black and white female and she's the smallest at 148 grams.

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another update. Pickles has started moving the kittens. We had really bad weather today and I honestly think that had her on edge.
Kittens are still gaining on schedule. Our chunk, Olive even gained a whopping 21 grams one day! They will be one week old tomorrow. Cords have all fell off but no sign of opening eyes yet. Here is some kitty pics!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at those cute fat bellies! They are almost pear shaped :happycat: I’m happy to hear they are doing well! Take lots of pictures, they grow up so fast! When I fostered my kittens I used a coffee mug to use as a measurement of their growth in their pictures as they aged. I would suggest weekly or monthly pictures with an object of your choosing to see how they grow.
:runningcat::climbcat::dizzycat: