Pickle's Pregnancy & Nursing

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwww!!! :happycat::wow:Are they adorable!!!

That middle kitten may lighten up as they age to 1 year or so. It will be interesting!

Be careful until around 3-4 months those cute little minions are able to squeeze under things you would never imagine! (Fridge, oven, cabinet, inside a freakin couch.) PLus they have no fear when they get older and start climbing/jumping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JennyFergX

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Kittens are now 4 weeks old. I started to introduce solids with not much luck yet. I have used baby food meats and one kitten loves it. The other two will not try. I mixed dry food with kmr and none like it. Mama ate them both.
They are also not eliminating on their own at all. Is this because they are mostly nursing?
Mama is spending more and more time away and even when she's in the room she sits where they cant get to her.
Anything I should be concerned about yet??

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gosh they are gorgeous kittens
Make sure mum's food, water and litter tray is in the same area as the kittens. They will follow her lead! You'd be surprised how much they learn from her. Kitten mousse/pate seems to work for trickier kittens but they will start eating when they get hungry and mum staying away longer will help as they won't have milk on demand! Have you tried hand feeding? I often have kittens who start off weaning from my hand and I slowly bring them towards the plate. Make sure it's a shallow bowl or plate :)

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom probably wants a break. I would not expect them to start solids solids for another week or two. I would do two things now: put in a tiny litter box with safe non clumping litter (like a shoe box lid or the box that holds wet food .... plus you can toss the whole box away when it gets smelly.) Once they are 6 weeks old I would just feed mom kitten wet food on two saucers and let them sample it if/they want. Kittens are created sometimes a week apart. So one kitten might nibble one day and three days later another kitten might try wet food.

*** do not let them try anything besides their kitten wet food because once they taste fish or fancy feast they will not go back!!!
*** take tons of pictures and videos!