Photo update of Lucas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! He is better everyday. And sooo beautiful!!! I will soon share a pic I took yesterday, he looks just sooo handsome!!!! His toe is almost healed yay!!

The only thing that worries me is that to be this healthy and beautiful I had to put him on 10mg if prednisolone, he is also on Transfer Factor. Once his toe is completely healed I will start lowering his prednisolone dose and see what is the lowest dose he can be healthy with. He had been on 5mg and he was fine, but he went to a crisis, not completely sure why, and I had to give him 10mg. I tried 5mg, 6mg, 6.5mg, etc and he didnt get better until I gave him 10.

I have to admit and super scared of tapering the dose, but it has to be done, in my opinion he can't stay on 10mg forever. He has been on 10mg for a month now. I read that once the inflamation is gone, it is safe to lower the dose. I pray to God he stays this healthy, he is super happy right now:-)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear the good news Tammy!  I can't wait to see that handsome little face!!   I will continue to keep you both in my prayers, & that you will be able to easily figure out the right dose for Lucas. 

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Take a look at my beatiful handsome guy! I sooo love him! He is doing great and his toe is almost healed, yay! I was so afraid for his toe, I thought he was going to lose it.  Maybe that is an exageration, but I always worry.  The antibiotics protected him and the toe never got infected.

Isn't he cute?

Here he was this morning all sleepy and cute. He loves that blanket, it was mine and he stole it, he always does... and he of course gets everything he wants:) Yup, spoiled rotten:)

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't been here for quite some time.. it's lovely to see Lucas looking so happy and well!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looking good, Lucas. 
    Those baby blues and that face should make any Hollywood starlet jealous. If not, phooey on them.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Here he was this morning all sleepy and cute. He loves that blanket, it was mine and he stole it, he always does... and he of course gets everything he wants:) Yup, spoiled rotten:)

LOL! I know how that one goes! Angel has one of my blankets now, I put on him when he was in his bed & it was chilly, so I covered him up w/ it. YUP, spoiled rotten! How could we not, just look at those faces!!!

Kelly I was just looking at your photobucket pics of Angel and you and I soo love them all!
Aww, Thank You! 

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is looking so good. I love the contrast of the two pictures. The first one bright, alert, wide-eyed; the second all purry and cuddly with half-slitted eyes.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! Awww Lucas sends a kiss to Maia :-) yes! He was looking at a small lizzard when I took the first pic:-)

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everybody, I have some updates about my Lucas, he is doing very well right now.  It took a long time for the toe to heal, in fact, once it healed, it started bleeding on top of the toe, it was so weird, is like the skin just opened and started bleeding, but that is also better thank God.

I was reading many articles online about his illness, pemphigus, and found that I wasn't supposed to lower his dose of prednisolone whie he still had lesions that weren't completely healed, so I kept him on 10mg and now he is almost there.  Once he has no lesions I will try to take him to a lower dose. He is just so happy and looks so healthy right now, he is soo cute.  Here are some pics:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Oh Tammy, that is such great news!  It's good to hear an update. 
   Love the pictures! What a cute little punk'n!  I love the one of him peeking out of the box like he is saying, "Peek-A-Boo Mommy!" 

..& the second, "better not try & take that remote from him, LOL!   Such a sweet boy!   

Give him lots of hugs & kisses from auntie Kelly!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've just dropped in here after a long absence and I'm just thrilled to see how good lucas is looking!

Just love the photos!.. you've captured a very content and beautiful boy in them..

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tammy, he's looking fabulous!!!!!! :heart2:

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: that it stays that way!

I'm really sorry about the toe / pemphigus. I know you worry about the prednisone - but what you thought was diabetes IS under control via diet, yes? :cross: Clearly the pred does him good. :heart2: :hugs:

Aw Lucas... what a beautiful boy!