Photo update of Lucas

konstargirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG! It doesn't look like the same cat now from when you posted his first picture back in May of 2012. He looks so good. He looks like he can be part Siamese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!! He is really doing awesome and yes Laurie, the high glucose levels are now under control because he is on canned authority which he loves. Thank God they are opening a Petco nearby and they sell other natural food so he can have more options.

It is crazy how long it took for that toe to heal, i had to buy carpets (rugs?) to put on the floor so he would't get hurt and had to clean the toe every time he used the litter box. I also washed his toe in warm epsom salt and put triple antibiotic on it. It hasn't been easy, but totally worth it. Love my guy!!!
Hugs!

Last edited:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hello everyone! wow its been a long time since I gave updates on my baby Lucas. Lucas is sick once again. It seems Lucas now requires mire than 10mg of prednisolone daily to be ok. That causes a problem because I think 15 or more mgs daily is too much, and the vets are driving me crazy telling me he is going to die with such a big dose. Right now he hasn't lost any hair, but he is miserable, his eyes are red, ears infected, he has problems swallowing, he is a mess. I'm trying to find a new vet that can help us, but I know I will end up de iding myself what to do with my boy because they won't help. All they want is to give him Atopica instead of Prednisolone, and He's been on it before and it made him vomit everyday, and the new atopica for cats is Liquid, Lucas hates liquid medicines, he spits them all and starts foaming.

I haven't guven up on Lucas, will keep looking for answers to help my boy:-)

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, he needs it a lot. Sometimes I want to go back to the beginning of this thread and get him started on Pozac again, he got better, but was not himself, the thing is he is nit as bad as he was back then. We will see what happens, have to stay positive for him:-)

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my Lucas to the vet, his leg was swollen. They took x-rays snd thank God is not broken, he has a stretched tendon, a secondary effect of taking prednisolone for so long. But the vet told me Lucas needs to be on a higher dose of prednisolone, he is miserable right now and we have to thin of quality of life so, Lucas is now on 15mg daily for a week and the next week 15mg one day and 10mg the next. We will try to go back to ten, but if we can't, he will stay on 15mg. I agree with the vet, the important thing is to krep him happy, with a lower dose of pred he is sick, so I will do whatever is needed to make him happy and not think about the secondary effects too much. I just want to find a low fat canned food for him. Taking prednisolone puts him at risk of pancreatitis. I only saw low fat Innove at petsmart. I will but a can to see if he likes it. Will post a picture of my baby kater today.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tammy, I am so glad to hear that it wasn't anything too serious w/ Lucas's leg.  I'm happy you got to discuss his prednisolone dosage w/ the vet though. The switching of the 10 & 15 mgs. every other  day

sounds like a good idea. If he doesn't do well again when you go back to the 10 mgs. after the two weeks, maybe you could try to continue the alternating w/ 10 & 15mgs. At least that way, he won't be up to 15 every day.

I hope he does well though!   

Continued vibes & prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you auntie Kelly Lucas loves you! I'm so greateful to everyone here for always caring about my baby:-) He is doing better, he is still on a high dose of prednisolone, but it is helping him a lot. His bleeding tor is healing thank God!! He is also once again eating hypoallergenic food, since he had an allergic reaction to natural choice and also authority. Here are some pics of my baby with bow ties I made for him, doesn't he look handsome? He is used to wearing collars so he didn't mind ghe bow ties. But since I didn't want him to be uncomfortable I took them off and saved them for special events:-)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, he is so handsome!!  It's great to hear that he is doing better. I was just wondering how he was. He has been in my prayers often!! 

Love the bow ties!  Give that sweet face kisses for me!!!!!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!!!!! I'm happy because he had constant ear infections and since he has been on hypoallergenic food his ears are clear. That is such a relieve because he kept scratching them and bleeding. I was going to post a picture of his toe but ai prefer not to because it could be shocking for some people, it is not pretty, the vet says that is caused by his auntoinmune disease and not by allergies. I knew that anyways, it is the pemphigus. He is under control but I don't know how he will react when I slowly lower the dose again. We will see.

hugs to you and to Angel;-)

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! Update on my baby, I finally was able to solve his toe ulcers problem, he was allergic to his litter, I bought Dr. Elsey's Hypoallergenic litter and he is finally better, here are some pics of his toes before and how they look now...
His coat is also looking beautiful after three months on hypoallergenic food, it took all this time to show results. Here are a few pucs of my baby:-) The only thing is that I haven't been able to lower the dose of prednisolone to 5mg which was my goal.

hugs, Tammy

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Tammy, that's great news! So glad it's all working, & his toes are better.  I love seeing that handsome face!  What a sweet, sweet boy!  
  Give him lot's & lot's of kisses from Auntie Kelly!!