Photo update of Lucas

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Tammy! Bugsy is doing better too! I think those topical drops do work! Meanwhile The wound on his neck is amost all healed... :cross: This is not going to be a fluke, he had a horrible time last year :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he is better Carolina, what qe wouldn't do for our babies ! There's obly ibe thing that worries me about Lucas. I live in Puerto Rico, a tropical island, so I think his allergies will last longer, so he might have to be on a higher dose of pred longer. But as long as he is ok, it won't matter.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly, thank you, yes, they sleep in the weirdest places , always makes me laugh hahah.  I wanted to share some pics of our walk today.  It rained again and since it was cloudy I was able to take him out earlier and not at night as always.  He loved it!  but sadly, he is crying at the door right now because he wants to go outside again, and it is almost 11pm, can't take him out now, I will have to find a way to distract him.  Here are a couple of pics of our little walk today:

I can't explain why, but his ears are not that bad right now, I cleaned them with a little vaseline one day, that's it.  They are still clear.  Maybe the Transfer Factor is working? ... Just look at that beautiful face!

He adores his harness, he purrs at the sight of it:)

Haven't seen his face this clear in months!

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tammy, Just a quick note. Bugsy has been on this for a week and it has been helping his allergies a LOT.
It was the vet at his dental clinic who swears by it who told me to put it on him. It is all natural: Dermoscent 6 for cats

I would NOT stop or reduce pred. But if he is still scratching, this might stop it completely :D - it did for Bugsy.
You apply just like you do with Flea meds - it smells SO good! First you do once a week, then once every two weeks.

:wavey:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both! And thank you Carolina, I will look into it. The truth is Lucas is not scratching anymore. But if it starts again, I will get it . I'm so glad it is helping Bugsy !!!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In fact, I think I will get it just in case, it is not even expensive! I think It is important to have that at hand, what I like the most is that I don't have to apply it on the wounds. Amazingggg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pictures Tammy. He looks so much better! What a sweet boy!  I love the look on his face in that last picture, it's like he's fixed on something. .......something crunchy perhaps?

Yes, Carolina, thanks for that info. I may have to look at that for Angel. He doesn't go out anymore, (Aug. will be a yr.) but he still chews at his tummy from time to time.

It's been looking so good lately, I was so proud of him, then yesterday, I noticed he had a few little scabs where he had been nibbling on it again.

I put fish oil in his food every day.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Kelly, yes he was fixed on a bird, he really wanted to eat it I think... I have to be very careful and close to him when I take him outside because when he sees something he wants to hunt, he just takes off. The harness doesn't give me complete control of him, i really don't trust it.

Yes! I think Angel can also benefit from that medicine Carolina is giving Bugsy! I will be getting it for Lucas too.

Lucas is not scratching now, but weeks ago he was scratching his belly, just like your Amgel, poor babies:-(

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just came back from Dr. E - took Hope and Lucky to their annuals, and discussed Dermascent Essential 6 with him. It turns out he uses it on dogs with seasonal allergies with GREAT success! He said the reason why it works is because it is a mega dose of omegas that goes straight to the skin without the need to be metabolized first. He said now that he knows it works so well for Bugsy's seasonal allergies (last year he prescribed Pred for him), he will use this for cats too - it just never downed on him to do so :doh3:

He does have it in the office both of them - for cats and dogs, so if Amazon ever run out of it, I know where to get it :bigthumb:

Just wanted to let you know what my vet said - I trust him more than anyone :nod:

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great to hear. That settles it for me. I may have to give it a try. Even if it's not just seasonal for Angel, it can't hurt in addition to the fish oil I put in his food.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so great to know! Thank you soo much Carolina! I will be getting it for Lucas and will let you know if Amazon will ship ot to P R. It is so great to have a goog vet like that. Thank you so much for the info!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on Lucas, he is doing pretty good, no more itching:-). I'm super happy because knowing that the demodex is not on his back, only in his ears, that makes it easier to handle.

The Colloidal Silver will be here on June 3rd or 4th. I so need it, his ears are not looking good.

He is still very active and happy. I had a scare last night, I took him out for his walk with his harness. He saw a frog and he just ran from me, like I always say, the harness doesn't mean I have control, in my opinion, cats cannot be controlled with a harness. I had to let go of the leash because he is so fast. Thank God I was able to catch him.

I always have nightmares of Lucas escaping, it makes me sick just thinking about Lucas out there by himself without his meds, can't breath just thinking about it. I'm seriously considering not taking him out anymore.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Awwwww, be still my heart!!
 Just look at that face!
  "Lots of hugs & kisses from aunt Kelly."

Tammy, he is still looking good, & SO sweet!!  As for not taking him out anymore, that's a hard call. Only you know what will be best.

I think as long as you are careful, it will be okay. I know it's hard when they want to chase something. When I used to take angel out,

I was constantly watching his body language if he saw something. If he tried to chase something, usually a bird, or squirrel, I was ready to run with him. I didn't want anything bad to happen w/ the leash on him.

He rarely did it though. I think he realized that mom following close behind, messed up his "game." LOL!

Keeping him in may help w/ the allergies, but if it will just stress him out, that won't be good either.

Luckily when I transitioned angel to indoor only, he was on the amitriptilyne, so that really helped!

Maybe you could give him a good wipe down with some wipes, or even just a damp washcloth when you come back in, &

that should help get the pollen off.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly:-) Lucas sends love to his auntie:-) I tried to ignore him when he wanted to go for his walk but I couldn't, it breaks my heart to see him cry like that. He is very persistent, he follows me all over the house. I just have to be extra careful, like you when you took Angel outside. There is a nest in a three in front of our house and there are always birds flying around, I think they are protecting the nest and when I take Lucaa out he enjoys looking at them flying, it is like they put on a show for us.

Yes, that is a good idea, to clean the pollen off him wheb he comes back in. He loves plants and flowers. He smells them, he lucks the water off the sleeves, he really enjoys it.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWW - look at Lucas in his little pink box (or should I say, YOUR ribbon box :lol3:)!!!!!!!!! Actually, that is a great, super idea. A kitty bed out of a small plastic storage container! AW, Tammy, Lucas looks SOOO wonderful and so happy now. Actually, his ears look pretty darn good from the front view anyway. Continuing the vibes for our dear Lucas. :rub: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren thank you so much !!! I know I'm spoiling him, but I can't say no to him, so i bought new ribbons and let him have the ones in the pink drawer, he love it as a bed, so it is all his now:-)

The CS 550ppm that I order still hasn't arrived, so I've been putting the 10ppm in his ears and its been helping a little. I'm hoping to get the 550ppm tomorrow.

I wanted to say that I'm feeling sooo happy! I've become a super fan of 4life transfer factor! Lucas has had his ups and downs, but Lucas stopped playing years ago, he stopped liking toys and everything. Now, he's neen on TF for 2 months now and he has so much energy that sometimes I can't even believe it. Yesterday he took and old toy mouse and he threw it in the air, he ran with it in his mouth, it was amazing, I haven't seem him like this in years ! His hair is also looking beautiful and. soft, his eyes are clear.

I always have my doubts about things because I've been dissapointed so many times, but Transfer Factor really works ! I will never stop giving it to Lucas .

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lauren thank you so much !!! I know I'm spoiling him, but I can't say no to him, so i bought new ribbons and let him have the ones in the pink drawer, he love it as a bed, so it is all his now:-)

The CS 550ppm that I order still hasn't arrived, so I've been putting the 10ppm in his ears and its been helping a little. I'm hoping to get the 550ppm tomorrow.

I wanted to say that I'm feeling sooo happy! I've become a super fan of 4life transfer factor! Lucas has had his ups and downs, but Lucas stopped playing years ago, he stopped liking toys and everything. Now, he's neen on TF for 2 months now and he has so much energy that sometimes I can't even believe it. Yesterday he took and old toy mouse and he threw it in the air, he ran with it in his mouth, it was amazing, I haven't seem him like this in years ! His hair is also looking beautiful and. soft, his eyes are clear.

I always have my doubts about things because I've been dissapointed so many times, but Transfer Factor really works ! I will never stop giving it to Lucas .
AW Tammy, I do understand that feeling of elated joy carried with great reservation waiting for that black cloud to sneak it's way back. :sigh: Just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and allow yourself to be HAPPY with any positives right now with Lucas. Happy momma = Happy Lucas, and visa versa. :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :rub: I still think the pink drawer with ribbons is just too sweet and I love how much you love Lucas because that is how I am with my babies. ;)

I can also vouch for that Transfer Factor!!! I have been giving it to Wilbur (dog) daily and I can say he also seems to have more energy and appears to be much more happy. He is even SHEDDING :shocker: which he has not done in over two years!!!!! :high5: :dance: SO, you can see, I am doing a happy dance right now too. :D :clap::clap:

Last edited: