Petty Pet Peeves

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Hmm, seems to just be a spouse thing.

I found another one... toast crumbs in the butter.
Oh yeah! I hate crumbs in butter or in mayo.

All you had to do was get me started and now you can't stop me
My DH is a toothpast in the sink person. Wash it down for Pete's Sake!

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It doesn't really bother me.... just an observation.... and ALL of the kids of my FIL/MIL do the same thing because my FIL does the same thing. He thought them and it gets carried on.... %^ )

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is my double post for the day. It felt so good writing it in the Vents thread, I thought I would double the therapeutic effect and come post it here, too! Hope that's ok with everyone!

I have a petty work vent, please. I have written on the cleaning schedule, which is a schedule listing various daily duties that must be initialed by each nursing shift "empty trash at end of each shift". Constantly I come in, and the wastebasket is full! This bugs me! Guess one of my pet peeves is a full trash can. I don't want to see my own trash full, let alone someone elses! It's just aggravating to start a shift with an already full trash can. How complicated is this? You're a nurse, you have a degree, Take out your trash!

Has it been a busy shift?..I see..Are we out of liners?..Fine..Have you broken a limb?..I understand and will be happy to take it out immediately upon my arrival! Otherwise, come on, just empty your trash!

Thank you, everyone, for listening!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You go Steph.!!! I hate that my boyfriend and roommate dont take it out. They will keep adding stuff until if you breath in its direction all the junk on top will come tumbling down,,then I end up taking it out, and since it is so over filled it is more of a hassle then necessary!!GRRRRR!!! ----------This may be to serious to be a "petty" pet peeve,,so I will fix it by adding another...
-My "petty" pet peeve is RUNNY NOSES!! Esp. mine!! IT just wont stops,, I hate sitting in class and sniffling, and then leaving to blow my nose because I am about to have some not so attractive snot cascadind down my face if I dont!!LOL. Pain in the tush!!!

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These are some of my "petty" pet peeves, mostly from work.

-Why can't you be nice and put like 6 garbage bags in the cans?? If you pull them up so the bottom is at the top, you don't have to worry about the tops and sides falling in....so simple, yet so hard to do!!!

-Stupid co-workers who whine and complain all the time about every little thing you give them to do, even though if you hadn't they'd be sitting on their butts doing nothing

-People who think you're open when you're closed. Does the sign say "open"?? Is the gate open?? If not, we're not!
-Ever heard of doing extra to help the next shift out? We aren't asking for much, just actually a bit of work periodically.
-Spelling mistakes on a person's profile....please just go in and fix it!!!
-Spelling mistakes in a newspaper...our town newspaper is notorious for spelling mistakes, stories "continued" on the wrong page, names spelled wrong, weird punctuation, etc. Spellchecker is a wonderful invention! Not to mention proofreading!!!
-When ppl start to do dishes, fill up the sink and then leave. Or put glasses in the sink, then pile plates and bowls on top of them. Yeah, that won't break anything, don't worry about it.
-People who don't leave a message on the machine. You obviously phoned for a reason, leave a freaking message!!!!

I guess that's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of some other ones! lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 22angel

-People who don't leave a message on the machine. You obviously phoned for a reason, leave a freaking message!!!!
Oh, I have to add to this (hopefully I didn't already say this here...this has become one of my biggest job-related pet peeves!). People who screen their calls (nothing wrong with that), there wasn't a message so they immediately call back the number from their caller ID and insist that someone was trying to call them and DEMAND to know who and why. They don't have a clue who we are, what we do, or know anyone who works here, and simply cannot accept that it could have been a WRONG NUMBER.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh, I have to add to this (hopefully I didn't already say this here...this has become one of my biggest job-related pet peeves!). People who screen their calls (nothing wrong with that), there wasn't a message so they immediately call back the number from their caller ID and insist that someone was trying to call them and DEMAND to know who and why. They don't have a clue who we are, what we do, or know anyone who works here, and simply cannot accept that it could have been a WRONG NUMBER.
That one bugs me A LOT too, especially at work when several people could have made the call.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

That one bugs me A LOT too, especially at work when several people could have made the call.
Yeah, exactly. We're not a big company, but still...tracking down which of 20 people may have dialed wrong?
I don't think so!

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
People who think it is important enough to call me for something like 3 times. Then get pissed that I didn't answer right off or had trouble answering the phone. Then refuse to tell me what they thought was so important to call 3 times for when the first time was not answered right off.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

People who curse around their kids cause the kids usually end up with a gutter mouth like mom/dad.

"my bad" and other such slang. What happened to I"M SORRY????
Ooh thanks - I always wondered what "my bad2 meant

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1. People driving stupidly while talking on the cell phone.
2. Being forced to listen to someone's banal chatter on a cell phone.
3. People who interrupt conversations to talk about themselves.
4. People with horrible hygiene.(did I spell that right?)
5. Being treated like I am invisible, or an idiot.
6. Slackers at work, ALWAYS getting away with it, while the boss thinks they are angels because they grovel like DOGS!
7. People who adopt animals on a whim, with no concept of what it means to be responsible for another being, only to discard the animal like trash when it does something wrong, never taking a look at the "why", always passing blame.
8. Of course, people who abuse animals, kids or the elderly or mentally challenged.
9. Women who have babies for all the wrong reasons, like doing it just to keep a bad man around, thinking it will change him.
10. People who litter.
11. A neighbor's constantly barking dog will literally drive me INSANE!!!

Sorry this list got so long...figured I'd stop now...