Petty Pet Peeves

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SharonKay

ooo....

I hate it that my husband never fills up the water in the brita pitcher!! and he is the one that drinks constantly! (I use it to for kitty's water...I just think the stuff that comes from our tap is not fit for anyone...)

so everytime I fill up her bowl I have to fill up the pitcher and then the next time I go to refresh her water ITS ALL GONE AGAIN!

I swear, the man is a camel
But if he was a camel he wouldnt have to drink it all, it would actually last him awhile!
Take him to the vet and have them squeeze him around the middle and check his kidneys, grin. Cheaper then a real doctor after all, hehe.

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cirque

But if he was a camel he wouldnt have to drink it all, it would actually last him awhile!
Take him to the vet and have them squeeze him around the middle and check his kidneys, grin. Cheaper then a real doctor after all, hehe.
I should threaten him with that

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

I must be so mellow compared to most of you. And I'm not tooting my own horn, either. Maybe it's just in my advanced age that some of this stuff doesn't bother me anymore

Warning - do not use the toliet at my house. We have not been able to leave the toliet paper on the roll since George came to us six years ago. He has TP radar and will "search and destroy" every single time.

You did bring up a couple of small things that still bother me. One thing that drives me crazy is to hear someone clipping their toenails/fingernails. I don't know why. Another thing that drives me crazy - people leave their dirty coffee cups, etc. in the sink at work. I always send out a nasty email telling them they have 2 hours to get it cleaned out or I'm pitching what's in the sink.
Chris i had to laugh about the clipping of the fingernails because theres a guy in the next office to me who does it!.

Vicky who works with him has to get up and leave when he does it and come into mine until he's finished because she hates it!. She said not only is it the sound of them being clipped but he lets them fly all over their office floor!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

... people leave their dirty coffee cups, etc. in the sink at work. I always send out a nasty email telling them they have 2 hours to get it cleaned out or I'm pitching what's in the sink.
That's funny because I can't stand it when people at work wash my coffee cup. I drink black coffee, so there's always a stain in the cup. Once it's washed, it ends up on a technician's truck. If I keep it stained, I get to drink out of my own cup!

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm noticing a lot of us women are peeved by the men in our lives...

I've got another one: In the entire time we have lived together (about a year and a half), my bf has never once emptied the wastebasket in the bathroom. I am the only one who does it. Sometimes I leave it to see if he will eventually get the hint and JUST ONCE take it out. Nope. He will just balance stuff on the top until the lid won't close, and then he'll either leave stuff on the edge of the sink (like the empty toilet paper tubes) or walk it out to the can in the kitchen. ::censor::censor::censor::

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grrrrr Stefanie when i lived with my husband he used to do both of those as well!.

He once had an empty glass by the bed and i left it there wondering if he would take it downstairs?!.

Two weeks later it was still there!. It used to really churn me up when i used to vacuum seeing it still there that i took it down myself in the end

Oh and another one!. He would never rinse around the sink after he'd been shaved!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mamacat

I'm noticing a lot of us women are peeved by the men in our lives...

I've got another one: In the entire time we have lived together (about a year and a half), my bf has never once emptied the wastebasket in the bathroom. I am the only one who does it. Sometimes I leave it to see if he will eventually get the hint and JUST ONCE take it out. Nope. He will just balance stuff on the top until the lid won't close, and then he'll either leave stuff on the edge of the sink (like the empty toilet paper tubes) or walk it out to the can in the kitchen. ::censor::censor::censor::
I'm glad to see it's a bit of a male thing and not just hubby! It is apparently just too hard to lift the garbage bag out of the can when it's full.
And yes, he balances things precariously on top too...

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok this is gonna sound stupid, but I hate it when the table isn't set right especially at restruants (I can't spell.). The knife and spoon on the right and fork on the left, and yes I have been known to reset my place setting.

Guests at my home drinking out of a glass and then just leaving it where ever when they leave. It's like a savanger hunt after some people leave trying to find their glass.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove

Ok this is gonna sound stupid, but I hate it when the table isn't set right especially at restruants (I can't spell.). The knife and spoon on the right and fork on the left, and yes I have been known to reset my place setting.
That reminds me... I hate it when the fork has a piece of leftover dried rice stuck in between the tines.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when people leave a big huge puddle of ketchup on a plate and don't rinse it off and leave it in the sink.. ew. or even when people leave food on a plate and put it in the sink.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get irritated at people in the super market parking lot(such as Walmart) who will block the driving isle while they wait for someone to load their groceries in their car so they can get their spot,,,WHEN THERE IS AN AVAILABLE SPOT 2 SPACES DOWN!!!! Aargh!
And people at crowded places such as clubs or college halls or stores who will see someone and just stop to talk to them and block other peoples way.

AND DEFINATELY...the balancing act on the trash can when its full drives me ABSOLUTELY bonkers!!!!!

-stevie

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... Tigger doesn't like to be scratched right by his tail (although he's starting to let people do so because he's undergoing a change in since he moved in with us) Laptop doesn't like to have his feet rubbed, Charlie doesn't like to have the stump of his amputated leg scratched to heavyily, Shadow Ram doesn't like to be kissed on the lips... gets aggravated and pouts, Sunshine the cockateil doesn't like her back scratched. The dogs don't like to be squirted with a water hose....

Oh wait... you were talking about MY peeves....

hmmmm

my step son and wife burp/belch and say excuse me. Constantly.....

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I'm on the phone and my hubby walks in he asks who I'm talking to and I whisper it to him. When he's on the phone and I ask who he's talking to he waves me away and waits to tell me when he's finished!

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by felton

Hmmm... Tigger doesn't like to be scratched right by his tail (although he's starting to let people do so because he's undergoing a change in since he moved in with us) Laptop doesn't like to have his feet rubbed, Charlie doesn't like to have the stump of his amputated leg scratched to heavyily, Shadow Ram doesn't like to be kissed on the lips... gets aggravated and pouts, Sunshine the cockateil doesn't like her back scratched. The dogs don't like to be squirted with a water hose....

Oh wait... you were talking about MY peeves....

hmmmm

my step son and wife burp/belch and say excuse me. Constantly.....

My sisiters and I have burping contest and rate them on longetivity and depth!
It drives my husband crazy! (We only do it in our homes......we don't do it in public.) But on the other hand, if my hubsand and I are laying in bed, he'll fart and it's horrible! He could go to the bathroom don't ya think?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'm glad to see it's a bit of a male thing and not just hubby! It is apparently just too hard to lift the garbage bag out of the can when it's full.
And yes, he balances things precariously on top too...
Hmmm, I wouldn't say this is just a male thing. My wife is the one who leaves the clutter around (will open junk mail and set it on the counter even though the trash can is 2 feet away. If I don't throw it out, it would stay there forever.) I love her to pieces, but I wish she would pick up after herself. The trash would never get empty unless I do it. I would say we are all guilty of these things, except me, I am purrrrrrfect.
Now if my wife reads this, I am sure she will tell you her pet peeves about me.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooo! Ooooo! I know one! See - I thought I was mellow, but I'm not! I cannot stand it when people get freaked out about pet hair on them. I think if you spend 15 minutes in my office using the lint brush because of a little cat hair, IMO, you have OCD.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Hmmm, I wouldn't say this is just a male thing. My wife is the one who leaves the clutter around (will open junk mail and set it on the counter even though the trash can is 2 feet away. If I don't throw it out, it would stay there forever.) I love her to pieces, but I wish she would pick up after herself. The trash would never get empty unless I do it. I would say we are all guilty of these things, except me, I am purrrrrrfect.
I am the same as your wife - hubby is the neat freak around here. I am not so neat

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

My woman used to have a desk with a computer on it, now there is a computer on a big pile of mail and papers.. no idea what happened to the desk. :p I still cant figure out why she leaves boxes from making dinner on the counter since they are empty.. or cups with a couple sips of drink in the living room.. or laundry all over the bedroom and bathroom but she is getting better after many many years of nagging on my part. I hope one day to get her fully trained, but some things are easier said then done.