Pet Peeves.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few, but right now the biggest one for me is how people in this house, mostly the guys, talk to the dogs in this really high (annoyingly high) voice, ask them questions, and ask them over and over.. like, "How are you? How are you? Huh? How are you?" It's so annoying, I mean, they aren't going to open their mouths and answer, so stop! UGH.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh great thread!! I have millions!

I it when people don't look after their feet (dry skin etc) and take their shoes off in my house and don't even have socks on. I seriously want to puke.
People who have bad breath.
People who don't look after themselves and keep themselves clean and expect me to stand near them.
When someone sprays bodyspray or perfume in the office.
Being told what to do.
Being lied to.
Tail gaters.
People who drive well below the speed limit.
When people say 'I hate cats', there is a thread about cats on my boyfriends car forum at the moment. This guy just says 'I hate cats' I hit the roof because the thread is for people who like cats, nobody asked his opinion.

People who just whinge about the same stuff day in day out and do nothing about it.
People with no ambition.
Underagers in nightclubs (although yes once upon a time that was me).
When an item of clothing I once loved is too tight.
When people in my house don't clean up after themselves, they didnt find the glass on the coffee table so why leave it there?
Disrespecting people.
Dog poo on the pavement, or glass.
People leaning on my car.
People with 'selective hearing'.
Overweight children with a packet of crisps in their hand.
People walking along in the supermarket or shopping centre who just stop and you almost bang into them.
My alarm clock.
Not shutting the freezer door properly.
Ok I'm just going on and on I'll stop now!!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Yeah, caller ID is the worst. I get, at least six times a day,
Them: "Yeah, someone from there just called me?"
Me: "Ok?"
Them: "And I'm calling back."
Me: "Did they leave a message?"
Them: "I don't know, I didn't check, I just saw on the caller ID that someone called."
Me: "Ok, well, it might take me a little while to track down who called you since there are 15 people working here right now, all of whom are in different areas of the building, so I'll just put you on hold and go ask everyone...."
10 minutes later.....
Me: "I figured out it was Dr. So and So and he's in with a patient, can I take a message for him to call you back?"
Then I do that and find out later that it was just a doctor calling to check up on a patient or a receptionist calling to confirm an appointment for the next day and that person LEFT A MESSAGE ON THEIR VOICEMAIL! GAAAA!
CHECK your voicemail people BEFORE calling the person on your caller ID! I cannot stress how much time I waste tracking people down that "just called" someone!
1)

2) covering for my boss because she won't return a call
3) drivers that will not pull up far enough
There is an intersection that crosses the train tracks. Drivers pull to where just their vehicle fits safely over the tracks instead of pulling to the front of the turning lane. When the driver behind them doesn't realize driver #1 is stopping there they get stuck ON THE TRAIN TRACKS!
4) The style where guys wear their pants around their hips - sometimes around their thighs...PULL THOSE THINGS UP! No one wants to see that!!!
5) people who leave grocery carts in the middle of the asile and are oblivious that they are blocking everyone else.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh! I think I've got the worst one for answering the phone...

One of our engineer's girlfriend called like 50 times a day. OK, not really 50, probably 5 (those were when he didn't answer his cell phone, I think). Anyway...I answered the phone and she BLEW HER NOSE in my ear.
I really almost hung up on her. I probably should have. That was just gross!

The other people I just love
are the ones who call and have no idea who they are calling. I work at an engineering firm, and we can be actively working on 40+ projects at any given time. This guy calls and says, "I need to talk to the engineer working on that one project. I met with him last week." Seriously. He didn't even know the name of the job, let alone the man he needed to talk to! ARG!!!

They really need to specify "psychic" as a prerequisit for anyone who answers the phone.
too!
My crews will tell me that "we need to go back to that house on the river." Well, I stay in the office. How do I know which one is on the river?
Just give me the job name!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of pet peeves

1. When people from the office leave there cell phones at their desk and leave and the phone rings a bazillion times. Put it on manner mode so I don't have to listen to it!! (I actually started hanging one girls up it rang so many times)

2. People who talk about peple ALL THE TIME and act like they are better than everyone else

3. People who say Git er dun all the time!!

4.Bad drivers

5. Customers who come in without the right paperwork and in the right type of vehicle and act like it is my problem. Its not. Its your problem, really!

6.When I send someone in charge of money for a particular customer a spreadsheet showing how much they have spend etc and they edit it and send it back "better" than the way I sent it to them. Ugh I was being a nice person and helping you to know what I have issued. Its YOUR job to keep up with how much you started with and how much you have left, NOT MINE!!

I could go on and on but I won't!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few too add::
Slow down in the road construction zones!!! People do get killed in them!!!
People who don't put their grocery carts away in the areas designated in the parking lots.
People who bring very young, tired and crabby children to events instead of hiring a babysitter for them.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People that chew their fingernails. Just the thought of it make me ill.
Chewing gum. I don't care if they are smacking and chomping, or slopping it around in their mouth, it is still disgusting.
2 faced people.
People that constantly talk about how much other people LOVE them.
Tailgaters. I can deploy an airbag in most anytailgater just with a tap of my brakes on my '85 Oldsmobile, with no damage to my car. They are terrible around here!
People that think they are all of a sudden cool because they bought a Harley.
I could go on, but I need more coffee!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People who say "prego", "preggie", or "preggers"

People who chew so loud, it sounds like an elephant with muddy feet is walking right next to you (when the chewer is across the room).

People who slow down to gawk at me when I'm waiting for them to pass so that I can cross the street.

People who whiz down the side of the road doing 70+, almost taking out me AND my mailbox.

Having to put up with peoples' loud, obnoxious kids in oublic places.

Having to put up with loud, obnoxious people in public places.

People who, in public places, will let their cel phon ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring. I don't want to hear your oh=so-cool ringtone of a rooster crowing for three minutes straight! pick up your phone!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought of another one (not phone related this time!
)

Fat chicks who either don't realize that they are fat or somehow think it's still sexy to dress like Britney Spears when you are fat. It's not sexy - it's nasty. I'm a fat chick, and know what looks OK and what doesn't. There are flattering clothes for every body type. One of my favorite lines from Hackers pretty well sums it up: "Spandex: It's a priviledge, not a right!" (OK, I know almost no one wears spandex anymore, but it's the thought behind it.
)

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..

)

Fat chicks who either don't realize that they are fat or somehow think it's still sexy to dress like Britney Spears when you are fat. It's not sexy - it's nasty. I'm a fat chick, and know what looks OK and what doesn't. There are flattering clothes for every body type. One of my favorite lines from Hackers pretty well sums it up: "Spandex: It's a priviledge, not a right!" (OK, I know almost no one wears spandex anymore, but it's the thought behind it.
)
I have to agree with you. I get totally embarrassed for these people and I just think my god how could you let your friend/daughter/girlfriend go out like that. Nothing wrong with being big at all but don't dress like you are Britney Spears.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

)

)
That too. I really wish that a few less plus-sized people would shop in the childrens' sections for themselves.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

)

)
I AGREE!!

I have a cousin who is plus sized and insists on wearing itty bitty clothes that wouldn't even fit me- and I am a few sizes smaller than her!

I feel bad for those people who get the looks and stares for wearing stuff like that - but I guess those are the stares that they like to get!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eupnea

I must be grumpy today. Sorry if this thead has been made before, I searched the forum to see if there was one like it and I couldn't find one.

MY pet peeves!

-People who don't merge fast enough off of the entrance ramp on the highway. I have serious road rage issues.
this is one of mine!
illiterate drivers [people who can't seem to read the signs that say stuff like 'left lane closed ahead']
tailgaters
-People who refer to their cell phone as a "cellie."
ok, i've never heard this one!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rockcat said:
1)

4) The style where guys wear their pants around their hips - sometimes around their thighs...PULL THOSE THINGS UP! No one wants to see that!!

I think it really depends.. it suits some guys.. and i like to see some guys butts

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My job is answering phones, taking orders, and listening to people complain.

Here are my pet peeves:

1. Eating on the phone while talking to me.

2. Speaker phones.

3. Rude people, OMG don't abuse the person taking your order!!!

4. Perverts who call the catalog lady for an outdoor sportsmans outfitter.. go figure.. I could half way understand if I worked for victoria secret.

5. People who can't speak clear and are very difficult to understand.

6. People who call me on their cell phone that breaks in and out...

I have many more pet peeves about this, but since I have to go to work in a few minutes, I don't want to talk myself out of going in today!!! I dislike my job..

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

)

)
my mother & i saw one of these people one day at the mall...she told me, "if you ever dress like that, i'm going to disown you!"
i told her not to worry - i prefer loose clothing to tight clothing; much more comfy!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to add another and I may look mean for posting it but another thread made me think of it.

Everyone who plays the race card. Get over it already. Its not always about your color. If you are sorry (a sorry employee, student, person in general) then you are sorry if you are white, black, purple, green, or blue.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fwan said:
Originally Posted by Rockcat

1)

4) The style where guys wear their pants around their hips - sometimes around their thighs...PULL THOSE THINGS UP! No one wants to see that!!

I think it really depends.. it suits some guys.. and i like to see some guys butts
You crack me up. Some guys do have great butts, but huge pants falling down around them kinda takes the thrill out of it for me.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha that's how my boyfriend wears his pants..I guess you could say he's a "skater". So I always see his boxers!! He swears he'll be wearing his pants like this until he dies!!

Even his license plate says "lo pnts"

What a weirdo eh?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eupnea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate it when guys wear girl pants.
The whole idea makes me really uncomfortable. If his pants are tighter than mine, I want nothing to do with him.

*shudder*