Pet peeves of your.......S.O.!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so this is a recent thing, but it's rather annoying to me, lol.

Ya see, DH and I work in the same organization (Information Technology at Purdue), but we work in different areas. I work in Communications, and he's a network engineer. You would think that this would be a perfect match...he tells me all the big changes to the network he's making, and I use that and let everyone know. HA!

What he has been known to do is the following (on more than one occasion, therefore, a pet peeve):

Tell me that he's gonna make the change, it'll affect the entire campus, but not to worry because he's putting feelers out everywhere to make sure that he doesn't accidentally cause connection disruptions for anyone across campus. Then he does the unthinkable...

He emails a system administrator mailing list, telling them what's going on, without letting me know that he's going to. What ends up happening is a FIRESTORM! OMG! He gets flooded with people who completely misread and made assumptions and then he gets snarly and frustrated. Then he comes to me, tells me what's going on, and I write up something for him to send out, and then...*cricket* it's all over. Why? Because it is my JOB to let people know things...

It is times like this, I feel like Tina the Tech Writer.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My DH smokes and I hate it. I tolerate it to a point, but I hate the ashes everywhere! On his computer desk especially. Or when he goes to kiss me and he's like a smoke stack.. I always pull away and he feels bad, you'd think he'd get the hint after a while

DH is pretty clean, usually cleaner than I am.. sadly.

DH leaves cabinet doors open in the kitchen, the upper ones.. I hate it! I am not sure why but it bugs me to no end.

Other than those couple things, he's a pretty clean and easy to live with guy

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say since we know what would bug each other, we are more aware and more willing NOT to do it. In the 5 yrs we've been married we've never had a "fight" - a few disagreements, but not screaming/yelling/crying over things (had enough of that in the 1st marriages to the wrong people).

The biggest disagreement (and it kinda scared me as we were on totally opposite sides) was when our 15 yr old son wanted to start driver's ed and I was totally against it till he was 17/18 yrs old.

I got so upset about things that we stayed home from church that morning. I sat down and wrote out my objections to it. Then gave it to him and we took 2 hrs of discussing each one and compromising on the "rules" if he took it that early

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lets see....

his love of farting, burping, and passing any other form of gas his body could possibly produce as loudly as possible
then asking me "did you like that? that was pretty cool huh?"

how his way is "always right" or so he thinks

when he puts his toenails beside each other and makes them make a scratching noise- omg i HATE that!!!!!!
I bite him every time he does that

and lastly, how he LOVES to torment me by following me around the house and poking at me and pulling at my hair to tease me like a school kid would

at the end of the day though i still love him to pieces...and well, it just wouldn't be the same if colin wasn't gassy all the time