Perspective makes all the difference

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been following both threads, not commenting. I didn't know what to say, but I could feel your love for your kitties and the pain you suffered from leaving them behind. I don't know if I could have been as strong as you or had as much faith. I think I would have been a puddle of misery.
I am SO Happy that you and your babies have been reunited. I have wept tears of joy at the description of your reunion. It's a lovely Christmas story!
May you never be parted from your lovies again and have many years together!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, St. George. There IS a fair amount of work there, although since the Christmas rush is over, Wal-Mart (they have a big distribution center there) probably won't be hiring for a while.

You could always try to get on at Best Friends!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad Wilbur & Tink are back where they belong. How are they settling in at your mom's place? Have your feet touched the ground? I hope 2009 is everything you deserve!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

We're back! thank God! that was a long drive. 434 miles each way. 7 hours. Much of it on two lane highways. and get this, almost $20.00 in toll fees lol. I had no idea.
You know, I almost posted a message asking if you knew that a lot of the highways in OK and I-35 in KS is a toll road!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

So glad you have your babies back with you
you and me both!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mrblanche

You know, I almost posted a message asking if you knew that a lot of the highways in OK and I-35 in KS is a toll road!
Yeah, i didn't know. you'd think i would. I lived in Ponca City OK for 4 months while I was working for Dupont. but i never went anywhere.

It was OK. since the hotel comped me that extra 25 bucks it all washed out and worked just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you jcat. I'm so happy they're here.

I didn't realize how uptight i was. Seriously. When they got here last night and i relaxed it's like all the stress went away. I am totally pleased.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Yay!
I just got home from all my holiday stuff today and I'm so happy to hear you're all home safe and sound!

I'm glad that they settled back in so easily. Here's hoping this is a sign of good things to come for you over the next year.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, JT I have tears in my eyes after reading this. I'm SO glad you were able to get them back, and I can understand how you calmed down once you had them. I honestly think animals help "center" us. I'm not sure how or why, but they seem to give us a focus or something. I can have a terrible day at work, a rough drive home, and as soon as I walk in the house and feed the dogs and cats everything seems better. They DO complete us.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

We're back! thank God! that was a long drive. 434 miles each way. 7 hours. Much of it on two lane highways. and get this, almost $20.00 in toll fees lol. I had no idea.

Well the cats did GREAT. man they were not freaked out AT ALL. When the guy opened the slider on the van, tinker started meowing LOUD. she kept sticking her arms out and biting the cage. she wanted to see her dad! Wilbur was asleep
but when i woke him up he started chattering like when he sees a bug.

I put them in the bathroom, but they were ALL OVER ME. meowing, and rubbing and head butting me. I don't remember a time i was that happy.

I couldn't leave them in the bathroom. they wanted tos ee me. so i let them out, and neither even came close to getting upset. they instantly ran over to me on the couch and just kept jumping on me

Finally they relaxed a little and did some exploring, as you can see here:

None of this 'timid' stuff here. they were right at home, right away.
Tinker ate a bunch!

and Wilbur just kicked back

So we all slept in a giant ball. they purred and purred and I scratched them until 6 in the morning. they came in at 9pm. they don't ever sleep with me but they were so happy i think they just didn't want me to leave again.

tinker purred non-stop from the time she got out of the carrier until we slept.

I gave them a sedative in the morning, and they popped right into their carriers. no arguments at all. Until we got on the freeway. Tinker simply wasn't having it. within about 50 miles she was screaming and clawing and biting the cage again. I pulled over after a toll booth, and put the carrier beside me. didn't help, she started scratching my arm through the holes. So i pulled over, locked all th doors and opened the carrier. she popped right out and head butted me, standing on the steering wheel. I swear, it's like she didn't care. I started slow to see how she'd take the car moving, and she jumped into the rear window and looked outside. Then she pounced up into my lap, sat down, and just looked out the window for the longest time. Purring, no stress, no worry, she was happy.

So i left her out of the carrier the whole way. when she wanted to sleep she'd scrunch under the passenger seat. then pop out and rub all over me for awhile.

No fear here! this is at 80mph

After they calmed down at the hotel wilbur jumped up in my arms, flipped over and started sucking his paws

I feel complete. seriously.
I just caught up with this thread! I'm sooooo happy to hear that you got your babies back!
Look at them - they're just gorgeous!
And Kudos to you, Fastnoc, for all your love & dedication in getting them back!

I'm so happy for you & the kitties!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I can understand how you calmed down once you had them. I honestly think animals help "center" us. I'm not sure how or why, but they seem to give us a focus or something. I can have a terrible day at work, a rough drive home, and as soon as I walk in the house and feed the dogs and cats everything seems better. They DO complete us.

I can't even count the times I was having a stressful day, and just looking at my babies helped calm me better than a Xanaxx any ole day!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished catching up with this thread. I was out of town for two weeks, with no internet access, and I came back and found out you got your kitties back!! I'm so happy for you!!

It doesn't surprise me that they were so joyful to see you! It's so obvious that you love them, and that's what they responded to.....all the love that you've given them.

Love the pics. They're totally relaxed!!!