Pedigree paper

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope, when my kittens were sent home with their new people, I withheld the registration documents until the kittens were spayed or neutered. Then I sent them in to my registry with the names their people chose for them. It was included in the purchase price with my kittens. I don't think there is any problem with your cat. Sometimes, breeders don't pre-register a kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To clarify this matter a little better to avoid further confusion

Diego was a rescue cat. He was in a pet store that had stockpiles of animals. we fell in love with each other, the bonus is he was advertised as a "registered PB RB. I wasn't after a show cat or a PB, tbh I wasn't after a cat fullstop, it was fate that bought us together. Anyway I want to find out if the papers are legit or not for moral reasons, I was charged a lot for a "registered PB".

I love Diego no matter what. If his papers are legit, then I would like to show him, because it was once a dream to enter a cat show. If his papers aren't legit, then you can mark my words "I will create a HUGE sh*t storm" for the company so no one else is misled.

I hope that is making sense to you.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

OK, now I'm totally confused. When I bought Simba I recieved papers in which to register him, with his pedigree information, but it stated that I would have to send in money to TICA in order to register him under the name I chose. It also said something to the effect that I should pick a few names, due to the fact that one of my names could already have been taken, and that they would give me the first name that was available. It also said on the pedigree paper that he was "pet", which I assumed meant he was sold as a pet quality animal.

I didn't bother to send it in, because I didn't intend on breeding him, nor did I intend on showing him. So, I would say that technically Simba is not registered and that is due to me not registering. However, I could have registered him (for a fee) if I wanted to.

I remember it did list some of his geneology on both sides and I checked that information out, and they were both from from well known Bengal families or what ever you call it.

It's been over three years, and I've lost that paper unfortunately, but now I wonder if it was all fake or something, because he didn't all ready have a registered name, when I bought him. He did however come with the pedigree papers in which I could register him under TICA.
Hope, most breeders will register their litters (I hope) and you can go about this 2 ways - a) you register the litter without naming the kittens (blue slip) and b) You register all the kittens, named (green slip). I personally name all my kittens first so that when sold, the registration is there already. Since I always neuter the kitten before anything happens, the new owner is re-assured that the cat is fully registered. I attach a non CFA pedigree (in other words, my own) and if the new owners want the pedigree, they are more than welcome to purchase one from CFA direct.

If the kitten was pre-booked, then I will use the names that the new owners have chosen.

It just makes life easier this way!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Hope, when my kittens were sent home with their new people, I withheld the registration documents until the kittens were spayed or neutered. Then I sent them in to my registry with the names their people chose for them. It was included in the purchase price with my kittens. I don't think there is any problem with your cat. Sometimes, breeders don't pre-register a kitten.
Prairie Home Cattery didn't register stoli's name but the litter was registered.

Originally Posted by Abymummy

Hope, most breeders will register their litters (I hope) and you can go about this 2 ways - a) you register the litter without naming the kittens (blue slip) and b) You register all the kittens, named (green slip). I personally name all my kittens first so that when sold, the registration is there already. Since I always neuter the kitten before anything happens, the new owner is re-assured that the cat is fully registered. I attach a non CFA pedigree (in other words, my own) and if the new owners want the pedigree, they are more than welcome to purchase one from CFA direct.

If the kitten was pre-booked, then I will use the names that the new owners have chosen.

It just makes life easier this way!
Same here,

I just got the blue slip for Stoli AFTER I could show proof he was neutered. But I had been dialoging with the breeder about this stuff way before I even got stoli so I think that's why she didn't register a name for him.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Gayle, I forget about checking Pawpeds for info. But is that the only cat you found? It does say the it goes back to Velva, and some other well known RB catteries. But I don't like the fact the rest is "unknown".

If we can't find anything about those other cats, I would conclude they may be faked. I know you can put down other cat's names and do a pedigree and make up other stuff (reg. numbers). So I don't know what to say about Diego now.

He is a nice looking cat, but as far as showing him in championship/alter classes I would not do it. He could be shown in HHP since there seems to be some question regarding papers.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Thanks Gayle, I forget about checking Pawpeds for info. But is that the only cat you found? It does say the it goes back to Velva, and some other well known RB catteries. But I don't like the fact the rest is "unknown".

If we can't find anything about those other cats, I would conclude they may be faked. I know you can put down other cat's names and do a pedigree and make up other stuff (reg. numbers). So I don't know what to say about Diego now.

He is a nice looking cat, but as far as showing him in championship/alter classes I would not do it. He could be shown in HHP since there seems to be some question regarding papers.
I have even tried searching for his cattery in both English and Japanese as well as the breeder but nothing. I'm thinking of writing to CFA to see if I can find out the legitimacy of his relatives. Do you agree this is a good idea?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checked for you - the CFA cat (Fieldmoon Diamond Blue) is legit - was shown both times in Japan during 2000 and 2001 - the CH is legit.

Candy Rena Sohsuke is also legit, never shown.

Can't comment on the other clubs, CFA has an online service where you can check up the cats provided you have a registration number...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While some of the cats are legit someone still could just put in those cat's names/numbers on a pedigree. Who knows the truth about the rest of the cats.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realised that the red writing for his grand and great grandparents is because they are/were Champions, but his parents weren't does that mean he's more pet quality than, show?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Possible. I get the feeling that the "breeder" was not a good one. Maybe he/she purchased pet quality kittens and then bred them without having them spayed/neutered as is done with pet quality cats. And then decided to give the pet shop the "leftover" kittens they couldn't sell.

At least a good person rescued him and will love him

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Possible. I get the feeling that the "breeder" was not a good one. Maybe he/she purchased pet quality kittens and then bred them without having them spayed/neutered as is done with pet quality cats. And then decided to give the pet shop the "leftover" kittens they couldn't sell.

At least a good person rescued him and will love him
Yeah and my wife keeps saying thats not a thing that happens here, that its rare to buy a cat directly from a breeder. But heres the thing, how would she know? Neko is her very first cat and he's a moggy from NZ. So......

Oh yes I love him very much, he is a very trialing kitten but you just can't gt annoyed at him coz of his really cute face.

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stumbling across this post, you made me curious! So I dug out the pedigree certificate for my Shinya (I never really looked at it much) and low and behold, she had a different name too! She was Charon! I'll be curious to see what Yuna's name used to be when her papers come (takes the store a month or so to send them out). To be honest, I really don't care WHO my her parents are and all that.. it's more just, like you said.. I paid a small FORTUNE for her and I don't want to think that I've been ripped off!!!!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by die_to_xxx

. To be honest, I really don't care WHO my her parents are and all that.. it's more just, like you said.. I paid a small FORTUNE for her and I don't want to think that I've been ripped off!!!!
Who the parents are was very important. I would have been gutted if I found there was something like a tortoise shell floating in his bloodlines.
I have started to again question the legitimacy though. Think my Diego may have been inbred.

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean.. but for me, that's simply because I paid so much for her. If I paid that much, only to find out that she's not purebred.. yeah... I'd be really annoyed. But aside that, at the end of the day all I really want are little kitties to share my home with me. I have no intention of showing them.. So in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make much difference if there was a non blue somewhere in her bloodline.

Happens that all of Shinya's bloodline were Blues so, that's not something I really need to worry about. But I have to wait for Yuna's certificate still - she was a lot cheaper though.. still a small fortune, but a good 60,000en less that Shinya was because of her age - at an OH SO OLD age of 11 weeks, seems like a kitten becomes unsellable in Japan.

Was Diego a small fortune??

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After much convoluted discussion with some Japanese breeders/Judges, I think I've worked it all out...I think!

1. All pedigree/purebred cats in Japanese petshops are registered with either the local cat club or local governing bodies - this is to prove the breed.

2. Per point 1, these cats are registerable with CFA/JPCU (Japan Pedigree Cat Union, the largest cat registry in Japan, affiliated with CFA) provided that the pedigree comes form a recognised registry and contains the necessary number of generations are given.

3. All pedigree/purebred show type cats are sold direct from breeders, following the basics and usual terms. Most cats registered with JPCU carry the additional CFA reg. number. In other words, dual registered since to show in CFA, a CFA reg. # is required for scoring.

Makes sense?

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by die_to_xxx

I know what you mean.. but for me, that's simply because I paid so much for her. If I paid that much, only to find out that she's not purebred.. yeah... I'd be really annoyed. But aside that, at the end of the day all I really want are little kitties to share my home with me. I have no intention of showing them.. So in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make much difference if there was a non blue somewhere in her bloodline.

Happens that all of Shinya's bloodline were Blues so, that's not something I really need to worry about. But I have to wait for Yuna's certificate still - she was a lot cheaper though.. still a small fortune, but a good 60,000en less that Shinya was because of her age - at an OH SO OLD age of 11 weeks, seems like a kitten becomes unsellable in Japan.

Was Diego a small fortune??
Yeah I noticed that with a Bengal that was 7mths he was only 30,000en

Diego was a fair whack of pocket change, I saved *,oooen for purchasing him that day, 1/2 of which went on vet bills coz he had the flu, but we rang up and make a commotion about it also the fact that Neko also became sick,so they are supposed to be reimbursing us.

Originally Posted by Abymummy

After much convoluted discussion with some Japanese breeders/Judges, I think I've worked it all out...I think!

1. All pedigree/purebred cats in Japanese petshops are registered with either the local cat club or local governing bodies - this is to prove the breed.

2. Per point 1, these cats are registerable with CFA/JPCU (Japan Pedigree Cat Union, the largest cat registry in Japan, affiliated with CFA) provided that the pedigree comes form a recognised registry and contains the necessary number of generations are given.

3. All pedigree/purebred show type cats are sold direct from breeders, following the basics and usual terms. Most cats registered with JPCU carry the additional CFA reg. number. In other words, dual registered since to show in CFA, a CFA reg. # is required for scoring.

Makes sense?
Makes a bit of sense yeah, but with JPCU, does he need 8 generation papers or is 3 enough? I would like to show him just once, that would be enough for me.

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah ha! Yes, that makes perfect sense!

So basically, we can choose to register with the CFA/JPCU if we so choose using the certificate we received from the petshop, correct?

I haven't received Yuna's certificate yet but Shinya's has her parents, grand parents and great grand parents on there I beleive, if I'm remembering correctly. Yuna's should be the same, being that it's from the same store but who knows! Will find out when I get it!

Thanks for the info!

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Yeah I noticed that with a Bengal that was 7mths he was only 30,000en

Diego was a fair whack of pocket change, I saved *,oooen for purchasing him that day, 1/2 of which went on vet bills coz he had the flu, but we rang up and make a commotion about it also the fact that Neko also became sick,so they are supposed to be reimbursing us.
30,000en for a Bengal?!?! No way!! That's insanely cheap!!!! But yeah, 7 months is like "not cute anymore" or something... Meh.

I still can't beleive that cause my Yuna used to be OVER 200,000en in the pet store... I remember seeing her when I was taking Shinya into the hotel there before my trip to England. The amount she dropped in 4 weeks was CRAZY. And 11 weeks is still kitten-y.. Plus, I think she's small for her age.. She seems more like about 8 weeks somehow...

But wait.. Diego already had the flu when you got him? Great petshop there!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Makes a bit of sense yeah, but with JPCU, does he need 8 generation papers or is 3 enough? I would like to show him just once, that would be enough for me.
That I don't know but I will ask!